• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Had my first camera issue. During a standoff, a big guy literally got in my way (he blocked the view of Jin and the guy I was having a stand off with) literally couldn't see the guy to gauge when he was going to attack, and I couldn't adjust the camera.

Not like it's a huge deal, just meant I started that fight with next to no health

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'm really enjoying the combat in this game so far! It can be fairly challenging when you're fighting multiple enemy types at once, the hit feedback is very satisfying, I just unlocked Water Stance so I'm seeing things open up in great ways.

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
Sooo I've never had this kind of 'luck' I guess, I ordered x1 copy of Tsushima but this morning I have received x2. Unsure what to do, used this retailer plenty of times and they're very good but not this good!

Also, great OT. Can't wait to dive in after work.
You can always send one of your copies to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Okay either I really suck at the game or Duels are stupid hard. Anyone else having issues? Its like they track you too well

The duels...well, when it works it works but i have a feeling that sometimes the parry button reacts too slow, maybe some delay, can´t point it out but it feels a bit imprecise...never had one problem with parrying in Souls, Bloodborne or Sekiro but here it is a bit strange.

besides that make use of the unblockable move and the quick press triangle attack, the thin white line above the enemy health bar is the "shield bar"and with the quick pressed triangle you take down the shield bar, as soon as it is depleted you attack the enemy.

basically there are segments in those battles, when you deplete enough enemy health they clash the swords and the next segment begins, often beginning with a attack that can be dodged.

even in those duels there are things that can block your way and because the cam is so near you often don´t see where you are in the arena, there was a fight with birds circling the arena and it was really hard to see where the edge of the arena was...the duels are better than the multiple enemy fights but they also feel a bit janky sometimes.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
While this game definitely isn't as polished as most of Sony's other titles, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Played for a little over four hours straight. I really like the combat so far. Seems like there will be a decent amount of depth to it once more abilities are unlocked. I very rarely use lock on in any games that have it outside of 1-on-1s and certain boss fights, so I'm not sure if the lack of it is why I find the camera a bit wonky. I think it's moreso the way it interacts with the environment and Jin.

Visuals are superb. While character models and micro details aren't as good as some other games, the environments and art direction put it up there among the best. The way everything constantly moves and interacts with the wind makes the world really feel alive.

Audio is also amazing. From the incredible soundtrack to the multitude of effects and general sound design -- it's all really, really good.

My biggest and only criticism aside from the camera is character animation. Some of it has not really improved much compared to Infamous: SS, and it doesn't help that it released after TLoUP2. While combat animation is good, Jin's overall movement just looks kinda weird at times. I think this is the area SP needs to improve the most. The controls are very responsive though.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
well yeah you just have to accept the fact that its nowhere near as polished as tlou2. Its a bit jarring at first but the game is cool for what it is.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
The duels...well, when it works it works but i have a feeling that sometimes the parry button reacts too slow, maybe some delay, can´t point it out but it feels a bit imprecise...never had one problem with parrying in Souls, Bloodborne or Sekiro but here it is a bit strange.

besides that make use of the unblockable move and the quick press triangle attack, the thin white line above the enemy health bar is the "shield bar"and with the quick pressed triangle you take down the shield bar, as soon as it is depleted you attack the enemy.

basically there are segments in those battles, when you deplete enough enemy health they clash the swords and the next segment begins, often beginning with a attack that can be dodged.

even in those duels there are things that can block your way and because the cam is so near you often don´t see where you are in the arena, there was a fight with birds circling the arena and it was really hard to see where the edge of the arena was...the duels are better than the multiple enemy fights but they also feel a bit janky sometimes.

Dude are you talking about the
The Tengu
fight? Because fuck that fight. Tracks you way too precise and moves way faster than you. However, I may be gimped I only done about 2 story missions and trying to do the side missions.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Enjoying the game quite a bit. It's fairly mediocre in terms of mission design, but the presentation is nice most of the time. So far my biggest gripe is how the camera zooms out in a weird way when talking to NPCs. It just looks bad.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to lie, Sucker Punch may be my favourite first party devs.. they may not make the best games in the industry, but I have the most fun with their games and this games no exception.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Still at prologue but already messed with the combat a bit
No problems with camera nor no lock on if you are a monster hunter player
Controls and combat feels smooth

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
Just got my CE and the game is installing, can not wait! The mask is done with exceptional details and was worth the money spent.
109973801_903528273464805_4851913227194686052_n.jpg

108994727_2712021169075641_2700565307860003849_n.jpg

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The Heavenly Strike mission is my favorite so far in terms of side stuff

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Great opening scenes, loving the combat system.

But yeah, I agree the camera system & no lock-on are bummer though... : /

Hopefully, Sucker Punch could add a lock-on option fast.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How long is this game supposed to be?
I'm scared of it being yet another Sony 1st party open world action/stealth adventure with rpg elements that's way longer than it should be.
I'm really burnt out by those, but the game itself looks so good, so I'm really ln the fence here.
Took me about 50 hours or more. I haven't finished everything, mind, but I was going after everything I can find. If you're just going for the story, maybe 15-20 hours? Would be a shame if that's what you did though since the side missions (esp. the story-based ones) are excellent.

It doesn't feel bloated for me. Personal preference and all that, I felt TLOU2 was more bloated than this to be honest.

Fighting bears with arrows? Dishonorable!
LOL! Fuck them, I'm the Ghost! Bwahaha! I headshot those assholes and hunt them all day for the pelts. LOL!

I also did guides on Charms and which skills are the best ones to get first too. If ever anyone wants them. :)

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Took me about 50 hours or more. I haven't finished everything, mind, but I was going after everything I can find. If you're just going for the story, maybe 15-20 hours? Would be a shame if that's what you did though since the side missions (esp. the story-based ones) are excellent.

It doesn't feel bloated for me. Personal preference and all that, I felt TLOU2 was more bloated than this to be honest.

LOL! Fuck them, I'm the Ghost! Bwahaha! I headshot those assholes and hunt them all day for the pelts. LOL!

I also did guides on Charms and which skills are the best ones to get first too. If ever anyone wants them. :)
The first bear I fought destroyed me by knocking me 1000 feet into the air, never again.
Only bombs and arrows from now on.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really enjoying this so far. What an absolutely gorgeous game. The art direction is seriously incredible. Technically very impressive also with the environments. I don't expect TLOU levels of micro detail or animation quality for an open world game such as this so I'm quite content honestly.

I want to give a special shout out to the audio department. Sound design is top notch. With these visuals and ambience sound design I can seriously just sit in a field for 10 minutes and be happy. It's just a special experience with good headphones. And who could forget the music? Wow. Incredibly moving and beautiful.

This game is worth buying for these factors alone.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
for the people with the deluxe edition, is the extra content worth it? has anyone watched the Director's commentary?
I'm probably gonna wait for the game to get it first discount to buy it but will like to know if the extra content is worth 10 bucks.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm guessing lot's of sidestuff that you kinda still need to do if you don't want to get destroyed by enemies after a while?
Yeah that's gonna be a no from me :(

I would watch a couple of video reviews. Enemies do get harder to fight , but you learn better techniques to deal with them. No level gating like in the past few ACs.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they patch in some common sense options into the menu. I want:

1. Ability to reassign buttons or atleast have some kind of alternative control scheme as an option. Including being able to exchange the swipe actions with the D-pad, for example.

2. Ability to personally decide what HUD pop up and which don't.

3. Ability to make subtitles bigger and maybe even move them around. They're too small and draw your eyes way too far away from the action. I had to stop playing with Japanese because I spent too much time jumping between subtitles and the actual cutscene.

I knew going back to regular games after LoU2's incredible suite of accessibility options would be tough, but GoT is lacking even by the standards of typical AAA games. They made an entire dedicated Kurosawa mode, but they can't forgot to add HUD and Subtitle options?

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
So I'm guessing lot's of sidestuff that you kinda still need to do if you don't want to get destroyed by enemies after a while?
Yeah that's gonna be a no from me :(

Nope. Main story missions give you everything you need to advance.
I haven't even upgraded a damn thing yet and as long as you can get parrying down you won't get destroyed.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Okay either I really suck at the game or Duels are stupid hard. Anyone else having issues? Its like they track you too well
FYI. Level up a lot first so it's easier. I posted this quick guide for beginners: https://sp1st.com/news/10-ghost-of-tsushima-tips-you-need-to-know-before-starting-your-journey

For duels, you can get cheese hits in. Run and then jump and slash and/or kick. Even if they're doing an unblockable, it will
The first bear I fought destroyed me by knocking me 1000 feet into the air, never again.
Only bombs and arrows from now on.
I wouldn't even waste throwables. Just hit that sucker witha headshot. Use Heavy Arrows. I made the stupid mistake of opening a cage one time to kill one. And then I find out, I can just shoot them while inside the cage. LOL!
Just got my CE and the game is installing, can not wait! The mask is done with exceptional details and was worth the money spent.
109973801_903528273464805_4851913227194686052_n.jpg

108994727_2712021169075641_2700565307860003849_n.jpg
Wow! That looks gorgeous!

-------------------------
The thing with the game is, yes, it's janky sometimes, AI is stupid, there are camera issues since you can't lock on, but at the end of it all though, it's FUN! Like, even the side characters and their stories are well done. I loved The Witcher 3, and this one is a solid runner up to that for me, which is no small feat. :)

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Using Sony Golds with Infamous Second Son profile and Headphones (3D Audio) - sounds pretty great to me.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
this game obviously looks really good, but there are times when i just find it so inconsistent. like in cutscenes and main missions it all looks fantastic, but there are times out in the open world were it just feels like places meet in a real mismatched way. and some of the npc movement when you're following people in missions is *rough*

some of the facial capture also has that la noire problem where the faces just feel too big for their bodies and they just move and over express just because they can

i'm not sure how many of my graphical issues are caused by playing on a launch PS4, but even things like the beach at the beginning of the game just look straight up bad

i am still only about two hours or so in, so my impressions are still super early

the first time you assassinate someone absolutely whips, though. it's the perfect kind of samurai film violence, complete with the little death rattle at the end

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
You know, does Sucker Punch intentionally or not putting a Straw Hat Ronin because Jin's Japanese voice actor is a Straw Hat Pirate? 😄

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I would watch a couple of video reviews. Enemies do get harder to fight , but you learn better techniques to deal with them. No level gating like in the past few ACs.
Nope. Main story missions give you everything you need to advance.
I haven't even upgraded a damn thing yet and as long as you can get parrying down you won't get destroyed.
How many "you need to go there, but first you need to get those 5 trinkets to be able to do it" type of quests are there ? Like, does the story get to the point but it's long, or is the story constantly interrupted by glorified fetch main quests ?

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
The director's commentary is already in YouTube 😅. I guess I'm just gonna get the standard edition.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Famitsu was smoking crack, Yuna is plenty attractive for me. Love the looks she gives Jin when he is still all boy scout

"We take the front door"

Yuna "are you high?"

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so this combat is really fun. Visuals are gorgeous. Audio is top notch.

No issues with camera so far, but I am still very early in. I like the unlocked battle.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to "fix" the camera more? It doesnt turn alot with the character like other games.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Just popped the disc in and installing. I had same Game store credit that I cashed in. It was heartening to see the guy in front of me also buying GoT and the cashier remarking that GoT is all that anybody has been in to buy today. Hope it does really well in sales!

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I kinda bummed how unpolished this is. Its a jankfest. Also the visuals are a mixed bag aswell, sometimes its gorgeous, sometimes its dull as hell. Nowhere near the quality of gow, spiderman, tlou or even their previous game, second son imo