• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 20, 2019
2 hours of playtime:

- This is game is relly beautiful.
- The AI is dumb as rock, sometimes the game even resets(?) your mission because you play it different.
- You die really fast(i have no armor) if you mess up, so that is awesome.

Everything else seems fine, story is cool, the lyp sinc in JP is not that bad.

But the game needs a patch to fix the AI and a lock in system whould have make this game a lot better.

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
Is there a way to remove the quiver from jin's ass because it's ruining the vibe.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I didn't like the Japanese audio in the trailers so I started the game with English last night. But I found the English voice acting annoyed me for some reasons :(

xillyriax

Game Test Analyst
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California, USA
pick them off like a ninja, don't run in swords blazing like those 80 samurai

and stay away from walls when you're fighting. the camera will win every time.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Reading some of the criticisms it looks like the game could definitely use some Days Gone level patching (pertaining to AI, camera and lock on).

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Played for 3h so far. Its been great so far. I love how little HUD there is and how they incorporated way points with the wind.

I only have one nitpick and that is the bamboo trees not being solid objects. I imagine there's a solid explanation for it, but it does break the immersion somewhat. Other than that it's playing exactly as I imagined so im definitely looking forward to jump straight in again tomorrow.

IOTS

Dec 13, 2019
I didn't like the Japanese audio in the trailers so I started the game with English last night. But I found the English voice acting annoyed me for some reasons :(
I found both languages to be well acted but english is the way to go in a open world game because I dont wanna read while traversing.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
fztSGiv.gif

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else's pre-order for the CE get cancelled on them? At least I'm being compensated with a free copy of the launch edition.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Few hours in and maybe I suck because you die fast and I seem to die lots, but it really need a lock on system

who do we @ to hope for a patch?

other than the lack of a lock on, the game is downright amazing

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Few hours in and maybe I suck because you die fast and I seem to die lots, but it really need a lock on system

who do we @ to hope for a patch?

other than the lack of a lock on, the game is downright amazing

I think if you're hoping for a patch for something like this you're going to be disappointed.

Edit: From what I've seen I think them trying to fix camera issues would be good though. They seem like by far the biggest issue with the gameplay.

PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This looks like the Feudal Japan Assassin's Creed I've been wanting that Ubisoft will never deliver.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
The game's photo mode is beyond anything I've ever tried before!! You can literally turn any scene to something else entirely

Sucker Punch are the inventors of photo mode and they outdid themselves here.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Can I use the 3d audio headphone option for sennheiser hd599 of should I use the regular headphone option?

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017

ornery

Nov 15, 2017
I really wish there was a control scheme similar to Sekiro/DS. I find myself pressing R1 to attack often

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Sweating that my Amazon copy hasn't shipped 😓
From my experience, Amazon will update everything throughout the night. Finger crossed though...

The combat looks so bad from the videos I'm watching :/

It could be bad players. Might be comparable to watching someone mash the punch button in the Arkham games... just dashing around hitting enemies. It can get deeper but the barrier to entry could be low. I was able to watch a friend play it the other night, the combat can be pretty slick if you know what you are doing.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a Preset for the Sony Platinum headset? TLOU2 didn't have one but recommended Uncharted 4's preset, is that the same here?