• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gans

Oct 27, 2017
Wassup fellow samurais!

Small question, I arrived to a small base, like a farm, where it says "slay all Mongols", killed them all, even the big guy that came with the horse, but nothing "completes", is that normal? Should there be any interface tooltip or something that marks it as complete? Or the reward is just what you find on the base?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Wassup fellow samurais!

Small question, I arrived to a small base, like a farm, where it says "slay all Mongols", killed them all, even the big guy that came with the horse, but nothing "completes", is that normal? Should there be any interface tooltip or something that marks it as complete? Or the reward is just what you find on the base?

The base is a quick travel location after you´ve beaten the big guy and there are resources in the middle of the camp to grab. and a vendor sets up shop.

played a little further, gotta say, the landscape is really super well made and easily the star of the show.and i enjoy those "tales" more than the quests in other open world games so far.

Gans

Oct 27, 2017
The base is a quick travel location after you´ve beaten the big guy and there are resources in the middle of the camp to grab and a vendor sets up shop.
Then I don't get it, it's called the
Traveller's Rest Inn
, but there's nothing else, no enemies, no resources, no nothing, but still red :S

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Digital deluxe edition comes with Director's Commentary...maybe I should grab it. Last game I can think that had one was...portal 2? Any impressions on it?

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude screw you for making take this photo lmao

20200717-020417.jpg
Thank you for your service. :P

Raigor

May 14, 2020
This game really needs a LOCK-ON, because holy shit, it's unplayable with the constant camera moving on while having to reset after a dodge.

How can you make a sword based game without a lock-on?
I really can't remember the last game with melee combat without a proper lock-on

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
This game really needs a LOCK-ON, because holy shit, it's unplayable with the constant camera moving on while having to reset after a dodge.

I really can't remember the last game with melee combat without a proper lock-on
Arkham games, Spider-Man

Lock-on is terrible if the combat is designed around groups and evasion

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Would the DS4 back-button attachment solve the combat camera complaints, or are there more than two face buttons that need to be pressed consistently?

Last edited:

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Arkham games, Spider-Man

The freeflow system works without lock-in, a sword based game is simply bogus when the camera is running around.
In Batman and Spider-Man a simple flick of the thumbstick will instantly project you to the enemy because both Spider-Man and Batman are pretty agile and can juggle between enemies and the camer pulls out to give you a wider field of view, in GoT you can't do that, since you are static and the combat revolves around blocking, parrying and small dodges, it's pretty bad when you have 6-7 mogul warriors on you.

I don't know where you are, but i'm liberating the straw hats in a camp and there are a lot of enemies running around at you AND you fight even more of them and the thing is pretty messy.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Then I don't get it, it's called the
Traveller's Rest Inn
, but there's nothing else, no enemies, no resources, no nothing, but still red :S

hmm, i´ve taken three bases so far and everytime it turned into a friendly outpost and when opening the map it turned from red into a fast travel point.

Arkham games, Spider-Man

the problem is Jin switches the targets sometimes and you swing into the air :-) you have to make sure that you hold the analog into the direction of the enemy the whole time, otherwise he changes targets very fast when evading, rolling away and stuff

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
2 hours in

I already like this game, the mechanics and the setting !
Can't wait to play more tomorrow

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Does anyone know who voices Ishikawa? He looks and sounds very familiar... he had to have been in a tv show or something I've seen before.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
I already see it...this is one of those games which you can play for a long session... "whats there over the hill, i´ll go and check it out"
"ah, just one more quest", "cool, an enemy camp, gonna fight these fools" "just one more point and i can skill this" :-)

highlight so far was a "boss battle" in an enemy camp, there are named enemies that appear when you do the objective, that was a good fight.

This has been my experience with the game so far. I have barely done any main story content and have had the game since Tuesday afternoon.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
- Graphics are insane, the artstyle and environments are really good. Game looks incredible on my new Oled, but it's not perfect, some parts of the game look a bit dated, but the presentation as a whole is top notch. Easily one of the best looking games of the gen.

- I'm playing on hard, and the combat isnt so hard right now, I've died a few times, but overall it's a lil bit challenging, but also a bit easy and kinda fun, but it doesn't have that "oomph" like Sekiro. The parry sound in Sekiro is so satisfying, but in this game it's quite muted.

- Camera is horrible, probably my biggest issue with the game right now, it's so hard to get the camera right and i'm fighting not only the enemies, but the camera as well

- Noticing some very annoying stutters on the PS4 Pro during cutscenes, in game it seems quite smooth and holds up, but its very noticeable in some cutscenes. Havnt noticed any fan noise, but that might be because my tv is louder.

- I'm not a fan of the jumping/platforming ... Jin feels extremely floaty, like ps3 era characters floaty which makes these sections a bit annoying to get through.

- I really like the Wind mechanic, the fact that there's no hud and you can explore the world/get where you need to without a hud, but an ingame mechanic is excellent as I'm appreciating the beauty of the game rather than staring at some minimap.

- Got a bit of dialogue choices, but I dont know how deep the RPG mechanics go, is this an RPG game or is this an action adventure game like Tomb Raider? In the Infamous games your dialogue choices matter, but not sure about this game and it's not explicitly mentioned.

-Story is super meh so far, not interested in the characters or the villains, or just the overall plot so far. Everything and everyone is very one note and bland atm. But I'm a huge fan of Samurai's and all that, so the lore and world building is keeping me interested.

So far I'm enjoying it and really keen to get back to it so I can explore the world more. Sony once again with what looks like another excellent game.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
I'm thinking about taking a nap after work, waking up at midnight when it FINALLY unlocks for me, and playing until tomorrow when I have to login for work again.

I used to be able to do that no problem. I don't know if my body will let me do that anymore.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
Also anyway to fix the HDR?

At night its way too dar, and the during the day it's way too bright imo .... I'm playing on an Oled C9, but the HDR seems super off.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Monster Hunter World? I mean it "technically" has a lock on but its meant to be used sparingly. Dragon's Dogma has no lock on. Mount and Blade Bannerlord has no lock on. It allows for greater freedom of movement, it shouldn't really cause camera issues inherently, that might be a separate thing that the game struggles with.