• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I think a worthy goal for this game's successor (assuming Sucker Punch wants to make a sequel) would be figuring out how to do *zero* HUD elements and finding more diegetic ways of expressing needed information (sorta like Dead Space). The wind stuff and the way the world draws you toward objectives is smart, but I'd love a similar approach to *everything* in the UI, including/especially the health bar.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
08meoxU.gif

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
To those that have played this game, I have 2 questions:

1). Can you actually sit down at a restaurant in towns and villages and eat?

Things like Sushi, Ramen noodles or rice?

2). In all of the gameplay videos I've watched, I rarely see any dismemberment. There is lots of blood and that's realistic; but with the degree of sharpness and lethal precision of a Samurai sword; there should be dismemberments left and right. Is there more of that than we've seen?

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i've seen hand dismemberments and full on head decapitations
don't think there are body dismemberments but someone who has the game maybe can correct me

ZDKilljoy

Managing Editor at BunnyGaming
Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia

2). In all of the gameplay videos I've watched, I rarely see any dismemberment. There is lots of blood and that's realistic; but with the degree of sharpness and lethal precision of a Samurai sword; there should be dismemberments left and right.

1) nope

2) there is but it's very minimal. Usually it's losing an arm when Jin performs a special move and beheading which only happens for generals. It can result in a hilarious bug as some enemies when defeated will crawl around until you end their suffering but having a headless general still crawl around made me laugh more than once.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Would have been cool to see Jin go into a bar and drink some sake, then some guy tries to pick a fight with him.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

2). In all of the gameplay videos I've watched, I rarely see any dismemberment. There is lots of blood and that's realistic; but with the degree of sharpness and lethal precision of a Samurai sword; there should be dismemberments left and right. Is there more of that than we've seen?
Would have been cool to see Jin go into a bar and drink some sake, then some guy tries to pick a fight with him.
Wow you want Jin to drink on the job?!??!?!

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
1) nope

2) there is but it's very minimal. Usually it's losing an arm when Jin performs a special move and beheading which only happens for generals. It can result in a hilarious bug as some enemies when defeated will crawl around until you end their suffering but having a headless general still crawl around made me laugh more than once.
No eating rice or Sushi? No indulging in Saké?!?

Say it ain't so!😧😢😥😔😭

Sucker Punch - these would be perfect features to add in a potential DLC🙇‍♂️

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I think a worthy goal for this game's successor (assuming Sucker Punch wants to make a sequel) would be figuring out how to do *zero* HUD elements and finding more diegetic ways of expressing needed information (sorta like Dead Space). The wind stuff and the way the world draws you toward objectives is smart, but I'd love a similar approach to *everything* in the UI, including/especially the health bar.

I think just once at one of their E3 events, someone slipped and mentioned the word "series". Let's hope, I already want a sequel.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Oh I agree 110%.

I think every Samurai film in history has a scene where a Samurai goes into a restaurant [or receives it from someone] and eats rice and drinks Saké - or at least drinks Saké somewhere at some point🤘🍶
Wow you want Jin to drink on the job?!??!?!
🍶もちろん、彼が戦っていないとき、サムライは他に何をしますか?🍶

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
No eating rice or Sushi? No indulging in Saké?!?

Say it ain't so!😧😢😥😔😭

Sucker Punch - these would be perfect features to add in a potential DLC🙇‍♂️

I've seen screens of Jin drinking, relaxing and even sleeping next to his horse. lol I'm not sure if these are rest states or how you return to the game after logging off but they're in there.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I agree 110%.

I think every Samurai film in history has a scene where a Samurai goes into a restaurant [or receives it from someone] and eats rice and drinks Saké - or at least drinks Saké somewhere at some point🤘🍶

🍶もちろん、彼が戦っていないとき、サムライは他に何をしますか?🍶
I had to google translate that lol

Eirik Furu

Oct 25, 2017
Norway

The answers you've gotten to the first one are correct, but...

2) You'll get to dismember a loooooooooot more. Just wait for it;)

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I don't believe ramen was invented yet anyways

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I'm sad... my order is going to be available only on next Friday.

Thanks Amazon Brasil for that.... (third delay in a row. First Final Fantasy VII, they canceled my order. The Last of Us got here 5 days after its release, and now they just sent an email saying they won't ship in the release date).

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone commented on base ps4 looks?

Can we assume this is also going to be "Smart delivery" or whatever on the ps5?

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
2) You'll get to dismember a loooooooooot more. Just wait for it;)
Now that sounds promising!

One other thing I just thought of is - can we slice down Bamboo trees? I know there's
a mini-game of sorts where you can slice Bamboo reeds on a pedestal with a series of button presses
But can we just walk into a Bamboo forest and cut them down? One of the devs a year ago said that we could - but I've got this sneaking suspicion that we can't😬

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020

One other thing I just thought of is - can we slice down Bamboo trees? I know there's
a mini-game of sorts where you can slice Bamboo reeds on a pedestal with a series of button presses
But can we just walk into a Bamboo forest and cut them down? One of the devs a year ago said that we could - but I've got this sneaking suspicion that we can't😬
I think I remember a review stating that you can't slice them down.

Eirik Furu

Oct 25, 2017
Norway

Nope. Guessing that's because of performance and the focus on visuals (seeing those God rays come through the trees is astounding).

Jtrov

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to lose myself in the setting of this open world. I envision tomorrow night will be filled with a lot of horseback riding and venturing off to see the lay of the land. Just so damn excited to see what's out there to be discovered since the scenery just looks amazing.