• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZDKilljoy

Managing Editor at BunnyGaming
Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
Well, it's not right. There are enemy camp objectives that function as map towers and fill out that region of the map

There are some markers that do appear on the map like towns but enemy encampments are usually discovered through explorations or from rescued NPCs. When you do clear the encampment it defogs the surrounding areas of that encampment revealing points of interest.

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
I know this has full Japanese audio, but does the us version have full Japanese text as well?

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I'm way less nervous. Read the reviews, its not something I'm scared to be spoiled on. I don't play many open world games (never played an AC game) so even those 'rote' parts probably won't be too bad. And unlike TLOU2 that I absolutely sessioned on launch weekend - mainly to avoid spoilers, I'm looking forward to taking my time more with this
I'm impressed you managed to session The Last Of Us Part II in a weekend. For me it was way too intense (Hard, no Listen mode, no upgrades) to do that. Self-imposing but the amount of focused concentration I required to get through most situations was insane so I played it for about 2 or 3 hours a night over a couple of weeks.

I'm looking forward to playing a more general open-world experience, a little lighter in content, in tone and mechanically. I'll still settle for the stealth route, though.

Feb 23, 2019
I feel like I will enjoy Ghost of Tsushima more than TLOU2.

While TLOU2 was very impressive, it didn't shake up the series enough from a gameplay perspective. GoT will seem more fresh in comparison and less confined, even if it doesn't reach the high spectacle moments and sheer attention to detail that ND created.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

While TLOU2 was very impressive, it didn't shake up the series enough from a gameplay perspective. GoT will seem more fresh in comparison and less confined, even if it doesn't reach the high spectacle moments and sheer attention to detail that ND created.

I think I'll enjoy GOT more as well, but for different reasons. TLOU2 was a bleak, miserable experience. ND did a fantastic job with their attention to detail, crafting an incredible world, and memorable characters. However... fun, it was not. It was truly kind of a slog.

A game about the aftermath of a deadly pandemic... during a deadly pandemic? Just wasn't feeling it.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Dont really agree with that they change alot in the gameplay. But this isnt the topic for this.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There are some markers that do appear on the map like towns but enemy encampments are usually discovered through explorations or from rescued NPCs. When you do clear the encampment it defogs the surrounding areas of that encampment revealing points of interest.
I mean I've beat the game too. It's not accurate to say nothing is marked on the map until you discover it or hear about it from an NPC. It's really not much different than AC's approach. At the end it fills the entire map with all the enemy encampments without having to explore

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
Nice OT. My PS4 is mainly for exclusives and I haven't played one since Days Gone so it will be nice to boot up the PS4 again. I was watching a lot of videos last night and the combat sold me on the game, AI flaws and all.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Definitely interested to hear more opinions. It's a decent game. The story and characters are very weak, the depiction of Japan is bordering on orientalist fantasy, and the open-world suffers from the checklist map-marker-waypoint syndrome that plagues a lot of open world games. But the core game fundamentals are really fun: the combat is awesome and I love navigating the world. The controls are snappy and responsive and the environments are stunning. There's still a lot of fun to be had with the game, even if it's a bit of a mixed bag overall

Can you keep playing once you beat the game? Ala assassins creed and whatnot
Yes

Last edited:

iCodec

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know what the resolution on a PS4 Pro is? I don't think I've seen anyone mention it in reviews/threads.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely interested to hear more opinions. It's a decent game. The story and characters are very weak, the depiction of Japan is bordering on orientalist fantasy, and the open-world suffers from the very checklist map-marker-waypoint syndrome that plagues a lot of open world games. But the core game fundamentals are really fun: the combat is awesome and I love navigating the world. The controls are snappy and responsive and the environments are stunning. There's still a lot of fun to be had with the game, even if it's a bit of a mixed bag overall

I am enjoying the combat so far overall and have spent most of my time just wandering around the map doing random things. Game looks amazing on an OLED and I am enjoying myself so far. Story and characters are mostly an afterthought to me in open world games so they aren't bothering me too much and I have barely done the main quest missions. Game is pretty responsive for a 30 fps title even if the animations can get a little wonky at times during traversal/movement.

While it is prone to open world checklist follow the marker stuff I do enjoy the wind and the minimal/no HUD elements even if it is just a visual masking it goes quite a ways to keeping me engrossed in the games visuals and atmosphere without worrying about just following a marker on screen. Interested to see how the game pans out once I start tackling story content.

Do we know what the resolution on a PS4 Pro is? I don't think I've seen anyone mention it in reviews/threads.

1800p using some form of checkboarding/reconstructing according to the DF video from earlier.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The world of Tsushima is vast and unique - the move to ancient Japan has a profound impact on the overall look and atmosphere compared to the average open world experience but before we go deeper, let's start with the basics. Ghost of Tsushima offers two visual modes when played on PS4 Pro - a quality mode and a mode that favours a 'better frame-rate'. Put simply, you're getting an impressive 3200x1800 image likely using checkerboard reconstruction for 4K screens,
www.eurogamer.net

Ghost of Tsushima tech review: Sony first-party magic delivers a beautiful open world

Six years on from InFamous Second Son and its standalone add-on, First Light, Sucker Punch returns with Ghost of Tsushi…

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am enjoying the combat so far overall and have spent most of my time just wandering around the map doing random things. Game looks amazing on an OLED and I am enjoying myself so far. Story and characters are mostly an afterthought to me in open world games so they aren't bothering me too much and I have barely done the main quest missions. Game is pretty responsive for a 30 fps title even if the animations can get a little wonky at times during traversal/movement.
Totally fair. I do think this game places more of a focus on story than some open worlds though. I wish there was an option to skip cutscenes. Wouldn't use it for my first play through but I found that I was often just a bit bored by the story sequences and wanted to get back into the action
While it is prone to open world checklist follow the marker stuff I do enjoy the wind and the minimal/no HUD elements even if it is just a visual masking it goes quite a ways to keeping me engrossed in the games visuals and atmosphere without worrying about just following a marker on screen. Interested to see how the game pans out once I start tackling story content.
That's fair, although the novelty of the wind wore off after a while for me. In the end, it's not much different than any other compass system