• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Kbo9Fky.gif

NPoN0oa.png

skAJuZ9.png

aouVrM0.png

8HG7WPU.png

NiZw1mF.png

26g43K3.png

Y7GbcAO.png

Eq7vmEt.gif
ecg3rjg.gif

5mDArU6.gif
Nctpp1Z.gif

gKQV8N7.gif
aAWib6K.gif

smLe7Pz.gif
tnYeype.gif

EEC3iKK.gif
gESwBAS.gif

b23lQ7t.gif
KkS34o2.gif

YC1q7CO.png

FzP6oG8.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
kp8f35y.png

TEXT ONLY OT

GENERAL INFORMATION
The year is 1274. Samurai warriors are the legendary defenders of Japan - until the fearsome Mongol Empire invades the island of Tsushima, wreaking havoc and conquering the local population. As one of the last surviving samurai, you rise from the ashes to fight back.

Developer: Sucker Punch
Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
Director: Nate Fox
Platform: PlayStation 4
Release Date: July 17, 2020
Genre: Action-adventure (Stealth & RPG)
Modes: Single Player Only

STORY OF THE GHOST
In Ghost of Tsushima you play as Samurai warrior Jin Sakai who stands as one of the last surviving members of his clan. He is resolved to do whatever it takes, at any cost, to protect his people and reclaim his home. Jin realizes that the way he was trained to fight is useless against such a powerful enemy. Ultimately, he must learn the way of the Ghost, an unconventional fighting style that emphasizes small-scale attacks, creating fear in the minds of the enemy, and using their own weapons against them, to defeat the Mongols and prevent them from launching a full invasion of the mainland.

THE WAY OF THE SAMURAI
There are two distinct ways to approach combat in Ghost of Tsushima, the first is Samurai. A head on approach to combat, Samurai sees Jin use multiple stances to take down his enemies. Using broad and deliberate strikes with his sword along with defensive stances to block and parry incoming attacks. A big element of this is 'The Standoff' a homage to classic Samurai films as two opponents size each other up and wait for other to make a move… cutting fiercely and with precision. Jin also makes use of his Bow and Arrow to take the Mongols down at range before they can get too close and surround him.

THE WAY OF THE GHOST
The other approach to combat is Ghost, with this approach Jin uses stealth to his advantage. Sneaking in the shadows, assassinating targets from grass and taking enemies down from above. Without being noticed you can pick off enemies with your Bow and Arrow or distract enemies with firecrackers and take them down from above or behind. If you're discovered, you can use smoke bombs to quickly vanish and throwing knifes to quickly dispatch enemies. As The Ghost fear is your ally, if they see you slaughtering their brethren from the shadows and appear as an unstoppable force you may start to see them flee and hide.

EXPLORING TSUSHIMA
The Island of Tsushima is a vast place for you to explore. Discover shrines, climb mountains, upgrade equipment and find people looking for aid from The Ghost himself. Remember that the wind guides you in Ghost of Tsushima and you can call upon it to show you the way at any point while exploring or heading to your next objective. Keep an eye out for things such as smokestacks, oddly shaped trees and animals as they may guide you to something special. A good example of this are birds and foxes – birds will fly along side you and as you ride and point you in the direction of a quest giver or secret location. While foxes will guide you to hidden shrines which Jin can pray at and will eventually lead to earning upgrades such Charm Slots.

CUSTOMIZING THE GHOST
Ghost of Tsushima is a vibrant game and Jin is no different to the world around him, you can clad him in a variety of outfits and armors to best suit your combat style or to just look the best while exploring or taking screenshots in photo mode. Each piece of armor comes with its own perks and bonuses to best make Jin into the warrior you want to play him as. You can also equip charms which add benefits such as slowly recovering health out of combat and making it so that smoke bombs restore 25% of your health. As you play, you'll also gain Technique Points which will allow you to unlock and upgrade skills which further evolves Jin's playstyle.

REVIEW THREAD
Review thread by BZL8 here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/gh...hread-embargo-lifts-on-july-14th-2020.246007/

PHOTOGRAPHY THREAD
Photography/Photo Mode Thread by Tyaren here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ghost-of-tsushima-photography-thread.248815/

OT BY iFIREZ

R3gEvLK.png

A MESSAGE FROM THE OT CREATOR
Hey everyone, thanks for taking your time to look over the OT. This is my seventh OT now and I've really enjoyed designing this one. Originally vestan had the claim but he gracefully passed it across to me, I hope I did it justice!

iFirez OTs: Anthem | The Outer Worlds | Darksiders Genesis | Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX | Animal Crossing: New Horizons OT1 OT2 OT3 OT4 | Homeworld Franchise | Ghost of Tsushima
OTs I've collaborated on: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order | Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

The title of this OT was suggested by Modest_Modsoul and won the community vote in the poll: https://www.strawpoll.me/20520078/r - thanks again to everyone who suggested titles and voted in the poll - over 450 votes is crazy!

Being able to design an OT on here for a big first party Playstation game is a big deal for me, Ghost of Tsushima looks fantastic and I can't wait to jump in and explore it myself. I tried to pay very close attention to how this OT looks on light mode and dark mode as well as desktop and mobile. The only thing that breaks mobile somewhat would be the gifs - which I originally had a lot more of but this game looks so good that I couldn't not include even the selection I did. There's such a fantastic group of OT creators on Era and I adore all of their OTs – shout outs to a select few: Black Chamber Xavi nihilence Aurc and ofcourse vestan who I mentioned earlier. All of you and everyone else who makes OTs work incredibly hard and you're all inspiring and keep me wanting to make OTs every day.

Extra big thanks to Loudninja kostacurtas and Kaiserstarky for the Everything you need to know about Ghost of Tsushima thread, go check that out for more of a streamlined bulletpoint list of what to expect from Ghost of Tsushima. Also big thanks to TheZynster for the amazing giveaway of some copies of Ghost of Tsushima - very nice way to give back to the community.

Well, I think that's quite enough for me. If you're an avid Twitter user like me, come say Hi to me over there. But now I think it is time to have a showdown and slice up some enemies on the island of Tsushima. Thanks again everyone and I look forward to discussing the game with you all throughout this OT.

Last edited:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Gorgeous OT!
Looking forward to my ps4 swan song tomorrow night.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Stunning OT man, you truly did the game justice. The loop on that banner too... I am so glad I handed it off to you. Easily your best yet.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
This is the first OT I'm going to obsess over as this is my most anticipated game of all time. I've been watching Kurosawa since I was a kid and it's shaped a lot of my tastes in movies. I've wanted a 3D, graphic rich samurai game forever (my friends and I used to talk about what we wanted to see) and this is finally going to fulfill that.

My first midnight release (digital) in years.

Oct 27, 2017
Liking this OT a lot. Good job!

I'll be eyeing up the clock for that midnight release tomorrow. Ready for some open world shenanigans.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I wasn't going to buy this but I found out that I had 60k in rewards points from GameStop. I got 60 in PSN credit and it's now preloaded just waiting to go. Honestly, the game looks unbelievable, I'm hoping the rest of it makes for a compelling open world adventure. It certainly looks fantastic. Great OT, you guys always amaze me with your skills making these threads.

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Already preloaded. I'm only concerned about the combat, some videos make it look like shit while others make it look very good. We'll see in a day.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I went physical so I can play it tomorrow :P
As did I, my hopes for that have been dashed as it seems Sony has had all UK online retailers sign an agreement for it to only go out tomorrow :(

Awesome OT! Hopefully it turns up early Friday morning as I have no plans for the entire day other than to play for a long time lol

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
As did I, my hopes for that have been dashed as it seems Sony has had all UK online retailers sign an agreement for it to only go out tomorrow :(
Ah piss, mine was marked dispatched at 10:25 this morning, hopefully it hasn't sat there all day for a late collection, but it probably has given what you said. Can always return it and go digital.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Amazing OT. Question about gameplay.

1. Is this Souls like or more like an ARPG?
2. What is the death penalty?
3. What are the save options/effects?

Given my limited play time, these factor in whether I can play.

Dec 14, 2017
OT is looking real nice, awesome job on it. Still debating whether to pick this up though, this OT definitely pushing me towards it though.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone else ordered it from Amazon but don't have a shipping date yet? I ordered way back in March and it's still saying "We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date".

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Gorgeous OT!
Looking forward to my ps4 swan song tomorrow night.
Beautiful OT for a beautiful game. Great job!
Damn! Incredible job on the OT!
OT rating: 10/10/10/10
Stunning OT man, you truly did the game justice. The loop on that banner too... I am so glad I handed it off to you. Easily your best yet.
Liking this OT a lot. Good job!
What a breathtakingly beautiful OT! iFirez
Great OT, you guys always amaze me with your skills making these threads.
GODDAMN iFirez , this is my favorite OT of yous BY FAR.
Great OT! It's going to be a long two days until Friday
Beautiful OT like the game itself <3
Great OT, cannot wait to play this game.
Very well done OT, congrats OP! So hype for my copy to arrive, can't wait to play this.
Goddamn OP, this OT is beautiful, amazing job.
Fantastic OT! Can't wait for Friday.
Awesome OT! Hopefully it turns up early Friday morning as I have no plans for the entire day other than to play for a long time lol
Goat tier OT. Nicely done!
Amazing work. Fantastic OT iFirez
Really great OP, nice work !
That's a really nice OT.
OT is looking real nice, awesome job on it.
You're all far too kind, I'm so happy to be apart of this community and surrounded by other passionate gamers and OT creators - I'm the one who is always blown away by all of you from your contributions to the OTs some of you make.

I'm super excited to play this one - I've wanted an Assassin's Creed game set in Japan since we got to explore Italy in 2. While Ubisoft may never give us that, Sucker Punch are doing it and then some with Ghost so this has been a game I feel like I've waited 2 generations for at this point.

I'm always shocked at how professional these OTs look. Incredible job OP!
Thanks :) My first ever OT I did was for Anthem and I used what I made for it in my portfolio for the job I have now (at a games studio - I do graphic design/animation everyday for work).