• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Game Are You Picking Up First?

• Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 496 51.7%
  • Paper Mario: The Origami King

Votes: 188 19.6%
  • Both on the same day

Votes: 111 11.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 116 12.1%
  • I spent all my money preordering Bakugan

Votes: 48 5.0%

• Total voters

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna go with Ghost. A kurosawa inspired open world samurai game is finally getting released. I can't skip this. Will pick up my copy tomorrow first thinh in the morning.

Don't know if I will ever pick up Mario. It doesn't seem like something I would get for full price.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
I'll get both eventually...but Ghosts will go down in price eventually...we will be lucky to see much of a discount ever on Paper Mario...

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both preloaded.

But Ghost is a priority to play, of course.

The last poll option is amazing lol

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
After Sticker Star.... I don't think I'll pick up another Paper Mario game unless it's dirt cheap.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Ghost for me. Might get to Paper Mario at some point but I'm still having a good time with Bug Fables

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought both. What an amazing day

but just got Married two days ago and going honeymoon tomorrow. So I'll play a bit ghost today and Mario during this travel

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to save Ghost of Tsoosh for the PS5, and I don't think I'm going to play Paper Mario. Maybe somewhere down the line, but not right now.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima.

I have never played a Paper Mario don't feel like starting now but maybe someday!

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both handheld 😅
RExmqaH_d.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Neither for me, to be frank. I don't find Ghost of Tsushima any appealing, and there are a ton of other JRPGs I'd rather play before this Paper Mario.

Nov 8, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima. I might pick up Paper Mario at some point; not really sure though. Would at least be nice to have something to stop my Switch from collecting dust.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
It was going to be both but the reviews for GoT made me reconsider a day 1 purchase. Will likely pick it up at some point but I can't justify £50 on it at the moment.

Paper Mario was my last voucher game so that's already paid for and there's nothing else I'm interested in to really use it on.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Neither. Maybe GoT on a deep sale when the PS5 version hits. The only reason I want to play that game is to run around pretty environments with photo mode. I'll never pay any amount of money to play a Paper Mario.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Ghosts, don't use my Switch much and Paper Mario doesn't seem like a game to get me on it. I can't wait to leave work today to play some Ghosts.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Neither for me. I'll probably pick up Paper Mario at some other point down the road. No interest at all in Ghost of Tsushima after the reviews confirmed most of my worries about the game. I might pick up Fairy Tail at the end of the month instead lol.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
At launch day? Neither.
Ghost in a promo in the future. Paper Mario probably never.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Playing Paper Mario first. I cancelled my Ghost preorder when reviews came out saying it was a generic Assassin's Creed open world, I was hoping for something more. I'll grab it for $20-30 like I do with a lot of Sony games.

Quake1028

Oct 25, 2017
Only Ghost of Tsushima for me. Origami King I haven't paid much attention to, so I have no idea if it's a sequel or anything and I haven't played the previous games.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Probably ghost first then Mario later down the road

Only Ghost of Tsushima for me. Origami King I haven't paid much attention to, so I have no idea if it's a sequel or anything and I haven't played the previous games.

You can start with any Paper Mario game. Majority of the games have their own story that doesn't rely on playing through any of the previous games like Kingdom Hearts does. There may be a reference or 2 to previous ones but nothing that will hinder the story.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Just Paper Mario. I was initially more excited for GoT but have been really dissuaded by the Giant Bomb and Waypoint impressions of the game.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Pre-purchased/downloaded both and will deep-dive into Tsushima first, as the kids are gone over the weekend and that needs to be taken advantage of.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Neither. Ghost will be a 20 buck sale game for me, while Origami King looks like more of the same SS/CS trash that I will not support any further.