• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which class will you be playing in Ghost of Tsushima: Legends?

• Samurai

Votes: 124 26.1%
  • Hunter

Votes: 61 12.8%
  • Ronin

Votes: 168 35.4%
  • Assassin

Votes: 122 25.7%

• Total voters

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018
Pretty sure the hunter is going to be the least played class. The bow is ok. I unlocked the hunter as my second class, and I can already tell I'll enjoy the Ronin way more. Maybe the hunter should have gotten the ghost dog.

Hunter using the long bow does way more damage from range than any other class by far. Finally convinced my hunter buddy to try the long bow out and he was putting out insane damage. It's just flat out better than the half bow and is exclusive to Hunter class.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Hunter using the long bow does way more damage from range than any other class by far. Finally convinced my hunter buddy to try the long bow out and he was putting out insane damage. It's just flat out better than the half bow and is exclusive to Hunter class.
Long bow damage is amazing. I think I killed half the oni in my gold match just because I could consistently hit them without having to dodge a bunch of nonsense

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
So I played a couple missions in Story single player, wasn't really feeling it, decided to buy a month of Plus to see if it was better in multiplayer and, yeah, turns out the multiplayer mode is way better. Although it is noticeably more chaotic: I might finish out the story single player just because I like to be slow and methodical, and I just can't do that with randos.

I could see it being a really fun coop mode with a friend, and actually being coordinated and stealthy teamwork and whatnot, but that has not been my experience so far with matchmaking.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't see any reason for the survivals to get longer as the difficulty goes up. They can be made harder without making them more waves. 25 waves at the speed this game goes is way too long a time investment for this kind of experience. 15 waves across all difficulties, just make the waves themselves harder.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
I just don't see any reason for the survivals to get longer as the difficulty goes up. They can be made harder without making them more waves. 25 waves at the speed this game goes is way too long a time investment for this kind of experience. 15 waves across all difficulties, just make the waves themselves harder.
They're already harder which is why it makes no sense to make them longer as well

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
They're already harder which is why it makes no sense to make them longer as well

Yeah, for sure. When I said "Make the waves themselves harder" I more meant like... Just start the gold runs off at the difficulty that wave 11 starts at right now, so you still hit the same climax of difficulty at 15 that you currently hit at the way too long 25. Since even though they start harder they also keep building as they go.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So I played a couple missions in Story single player, wasn't really feeling it, decided to buy a month of Plus to see if it was better in multiplayer and, yeah, turns out the multiplayer mode is way better. Although it is noticeably more chaotic: I might finish out the story single player just because I like to be slow and methodical, and I just can't do that with randos.

I could see it being a really fun coop mode with a friend, and actually being coordinated and stealthy teamwork and whatnot, but that has not been my experience so far with matchmaking.
Play SP on hard, to me the gameplay is amazing in that mode.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I bought Outer Worlds to be my swan song PS4 experience but it's going to be this. I can't believe how great this is on top of the amazing single player. I can't wait for Ghost of Tsushima 2.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
yes, the survival missions take so fucking long on higher difficulties. It really should stay the same.

10 waves sounded perfect....but jesus, I would just farm story mode once i hit the gold level because no way would I bother with survival.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
This game is incredible. Cant believe this is free.

Having a ton of fun.
Yeah, for sure. When I said "Make the waves themselves harder" I more meant like... Just start the gold runs off at the difficulty that wave 11 starts at right now, so you still hit the same climax of difficulty at 15 that you currently hit at the way too long 25. Since even though they start harder they also keep building as they go.
Totally agree. A Gold match lasts 30 minutes. A Silver 40 minutes. Even 40 minutes is too long.

They should begin harder and end sooner.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I wonder how feasible it is to tweak GoT combat to pvp. The 1v1 battle with ronins is one of the highlight in the main campaign. When Tsushima first reveal with Lady Masako fight, I was hoping for more weapons variety and a 1v1 mode like Bushido Blade

eek

Oct 26, 2017
yes, the survival missions take so fucking long on higher difficulties. It really should stay the same.

10 waves sounded perfect....but jesus, I would just farm story mode once i hit the gold level because no way would I bother with survival.
How long does gold story take and what kind of loot do you get?

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
How long does gold story take and what kind of loot do you get?

gold story can be rushed in about 10 minutes, plus you get the chance to get treasures and shit.

You get up to 5 rewards..........and it takes half the time if not a quarter of the time.

They add a few more platforming shenanigans though with the attunement.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Pro tip: you can pet the spirit bear. Definitely worth the... whatever that currency is.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
gold story can be rushed in about 10 minutes, plus you get the chance to get treasures and shit.

You get up to 5 rewards..........and it takes half the time if not a quarter of the time.

They add a few more platforming shenanigans though with the attunement.
Wait wtf why am I doing survival lol

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Yeah I don't know I just can't get used to it. It's something that's better sometimes and worse a lot of times. Similar with the press instead of hold accessibility option. I actually like that a lot but wish I could cancel out of it easier (and wish the stance button didn't also trigger it and not allow you to dodge anymore until you press it again). I'm probably just going to stick with no autoaim which has some cringe misses but overall feels smoother to me

It's been working out OK so far:

Yup, not bad. A few missed shots that auto would have hit, but so much more control than with it.

How do my fellow hunters feel about our skill tree? I think the body to head damage is worth more than the two extra shots on our ult. With any decent melee players running around i seem to proc the damage boost a lot more often than I get 5 free targets lined up for my ult.

I'm also thinking shield piercing arrows instead of the other two also.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, not bad. A few missed shots that auto would have hit, but so much more control than with it.

How do my fellow hunters feel about our skill tree? I think the body to head damage is worth more than the two extra shots on our ult. With any decent melee players running around i seem to proc the damage boost a lot more often than I get 5 free targets lined up for my ult.

I'm also thinking shield piercing arrows instead of the other two also.
I'm actually just running the first item in each line.

In gold with the longer matches ammo becomes a real issue so I end up ulting less as the match goes on in favor of regenerating ammo so I take the 50% dmg body shots over 5 shot ult for sure. Also because of this I take the ammo regen even though I think it needs a buff.

Dmg boost at 12m is a nice buff to one shot close range imo. I don't assassinate much but you could maybe combo that with a smoke bomb

Nov 21, 2019
I wish we could see other players/friends' character card to see their items, skills, levels, etc. It'll help a bit with strategizing and stuff especially when the raid hits.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

If the feedback is there I'm sure they will change it quick.
Besides that, I wouldn't mind if they split longer wave sessions into a different mode for people who want to play a longer, maybe more rewarding session. Maybe they find something to make it worth the time.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Ronin is the most powerful class.
The most vital class in Survival, but not the most powerful. Other classes can mop up enemies faster with their multi-kill supers, from what I've seen. I haven't tried taking Ignite Enemies over healing yet though. What's your skill tree look like?

I just got my Ronin to ki level 74 tonight. The community so far has been great, lots of people using mics. I got matchmade with a dude from Italy running a Samurai and we went through the whole co-op story together, then I did a bunch of survival tonight.

I agree the higher difficulties should not add more waves. It's just too much of a time commitment. Can't wait to jump back in tomorrow though!

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Pretty sure the hunter is going to be the least played class. The bow is ok. I unlocked the hunter as my second class, and I can already tell I'll enjoy the Ronin way more. Maybe the hunter should have gotten the ghost dog.
Hunter class is dope af. One shot kills that keep you away from the spongey enemies. Kite enemies away so people or yourself can revive bodies.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The biggest problem of silver and gold is not the extended time you need to finish it, the biggest problem is that even if you want to do a short session, it's not possible because once you're over item level 35, bronze isn't even an option anymore because 35 is the max level that drops on bronze.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Also, a huge problem in the equipment system is that they allowed every class to use the equipment you gained with every character. A limitation would be a lot better here. Why you ask? Simple.
Since we have no limitation, we have the problem now that when we unlock a new character, we give them the best stuff immediately, but then we join with an item rank 50 character into silver missions while the char has zero skills. That's unbalanced.
If you had to get gear for every character separately, then going back to bronze missions would actually make sense and would be back on the table. You can develop the characters way better then and you have a legit reason again to play bronze and collect lower level geart and it would also help matchmaking in the long run.

The way it is right now is not a good solution.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I just don't see what would be gained from denying the archer a sword, denying the samurai a bow, denying everyone but the assassin from stealth kills. It is good, to me, that they have shared functionality but different focuses.

I don't think anything would be gained from restricting them away from anything, it's just a problem that stems from the fact that these classes are simply Jin, split 4 ways. In an ideal scenario, I think you would probably want each class to have its own class weapon, or at least allow players the option to choose different weapons, so that players could build their character and class, a bit more.

As is, the class system is very like Destiny, wherein you have one archetype pushed into different directions with adjustments in buffs, rather than any explicit changes in functionality. Destiny knows that it's classes aren't that diverse though, because they don't need to be. It has variety coming at the player from many different sources (many types of enemies to shoot, many types of guns to shoot them with).

Maybe for Ghost 2 we could have different weapons and significantly better enemy variety that really requires different playstyles and approaches.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I loaded my last save and saved it just to get my total play time, and it was 65:12. Not too bad for having got the platinum.