• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which class will you be playing in Ghost of Tsushima: Legends?

• Samurai

Votes: 124 26.1%
  • Hunter

Votes: 61 12.8%
  • Ronin

Votes: 168 35.4%
  • Assassin

Votes: 122 25.7%

• Total voters

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Played until 1:30 with the boys last night. I still don't understand how this is free.

GOT-how_GIF.gif

So much shit in here, this should have easily a 20-40$ feature added, Insomniac is unreal. This online game may be something that pushes this game as my GOTY over FFVIIR, but I need to play it a lot more to make a proper evaluation.

I fucking love playing this online with my friends. Easily the best open world gameplay this gen for me and one of the games with the best gameplay. It just feels so fucking good to do things. It's unreal.

I want to give you money Insomniac. Add some bullshit micro transactions and I'll send it your way.

Only thing I hope they add in the future:
1vs1 online mode with leaderboard, stats, profile and comparison feature with friends. I want the feeling you get in boss fights with a lot of life to be there when fighting friends. It was born for this shit. And also choose the different locations from the SP boss fights as where you want it to be.

giphy.gif
Sucker Punch is the developer of Ghost of Tsushima.
Insomniac made Spiderman.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Mannn how are you guys playing with autoaim!? It's way too snappy for anything that's even remotely on your screen even if it is blocked by an obstacle. For mid/long range bow shots it is terrible
Well, I tried it and originally turned it back off after two waves. I'm willing to give it another try though.
As for snappy, it's not that bad if you play from roofs. Never ever be on the ground using auto aim imo, that's generally when I ran into the issues you mentioned.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Are the later survival maps incredibly harder than the first ones? Started the mp mode on equipment rank 1, before doing story and me
and randoms could beat it relatively easy. Now on 30+ I did the fourth map on bronze and it was so hard from wave 10+ on, we died in 14, it wasn't f'n possible, damn.

Did the first one now again on silver and we did it too, first purple items, nice!

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Gold difficulty is difficult lol. But, it's the only way to progress with my gear so let's go! Wave 15 is when shit gets real. I need to take a break now.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Getting ass kicked in Bronze but its mostly because randos are just being headless chickens.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the last survival round, I was in the zone. 126 kills before the 2nd boss wave. But my rando teammates pulled me down. 2 of them died 6 times each, and let areas get overrun while I was defending one

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Randoms sure love to use up all the drums at the same time XD

Played second story mission solo, had a great time. Survival is way more fun than I thought it would be, I usually don't like horde modes.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
How do you check playtime? I thought that was a new feature.

Kitaj

Oct 30, 2017
I am kinda blown away by the quality of this. Played through the Bronze story missions co-op with a friend and it was awesome. We particularly liked
the second to last level with the spirit enemies and the whole Boat section
. High quality samurai action, Nioh just got a run for its money if in Ghosts 2 they expand upon this concept with more classes and missions and stuff.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did a few story missions and a round of survival. The latter is pretty awesome. I picked the archer for my first class, which actually worked out quite well. I do like shooting a stunning arrow into a crowd of enemies just in time for my allies to storm the group and wipe them out uncontested.

Deleted member 43552

Banned
May 17, 2018
So far it's been a bit too easy on Survivor - Bronze and Silver difficulties. I'm hoping Gold is harder. Ronin is OP with all the healing you can put out.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
So far it's been a bit too easy on Survivor - Bronze and Silver difficulties. I'm hoping Gold is harder. Ronin is OP with all the healing you can put out.
I agree that Ronin is really stong, but I also found you don't want more than 1 or 2. All the other classes can kill 3-5 mobs with their ults. Worst run I had was with 3 Ronins.

Deleted member 43552

Banned
May 17, 2018
I agree that Ronin is really stong, but I also found you don't want more than 1 or 2. All the other classes can kill 3-5 mobs with their ults. Worst run I had was with 3 Ronins.
3 Ronin is bad I agree. You don't put out enough damage. I think a good comp would be 2 Ronin, 1 Samurai, 1 Hunter or Assassin.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I tried it and originally turned it back off after two waves. I'm willing to give it another try though.
As for snappy, it's not that bad if you play from roofs. Never ever be on the ground using auto aim imo, that's generally when I ran into the issues you mentioned.
Yeah I don't know I just can't get used to it. It's something that's better sometimes and worse a lot of times. Similar with the press instead of hold accessibility option. I actually like that a lot but wish I could cancel out of it easier (and wish the stance button didn't also trigger it and not allow you to dodge anymore until you press it again). I'm probably just going to stick with no autoaim which has some cringe misses but overall feels smoother to me

It's been working out OK so far:

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
3 Ronin is bad I agree. You don't put out enough damage. I think a good comp would be 2 Ronin, 1 Samurai, 1 Hunter or Assassin.

Really wouldnt want more than 1 ronin honestly, havent had any issues keeping people alive. With the cooldown reduction I can put my healing down pretty often and our damage doesn't really compare to the others, would rather it be more hunters, so long as it's not people being dumb.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
I just unlocked Hunter. Now I can swap between Assassin, Samurai, and Hunter. Might mess with it in a bit.

Hit 51 Ki after doing a silver Survival. Game is fun.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
finally unlocked my third class, went with Assassin. having more fun with it than i thought! same with Hunter, it was awesome seeing the final stats after a Survival match and seeing my ranged kills vastly outweigh everyone else's while still keeping up with melee. saving Samurai for last.

also, finally got my first Legendary! its Lady Sanjo's Fan, a dirt throw that has a chance to cause hallucinate.

this DLC is honestly so good, its all ive been doing between running errands all day and preparing for a tiny get together tonight. as soon as bread was set to rise, run a few stories and survivals. ready for the oven? run a survival and we finished about the same time.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
Where are all the hunters? I've done over a dozen matches and haven't even seen one so far lol
Pretty sure the hunter is going to be the least played class. The bow is ok. I unlocked the hunter as my second class, and I can already tell I'll enjoy the Ronin way more. Maybe the hunter should have gotten the ghost dog.

xDriverZero

Mar 2, 2018
Played Legends mode for a few hours today and it's amazing, this is probably what I'll be playing untill PS5 release, great job Sucker Punch.

Oct 25, 2017
This is like... really good.

Played through a bunch of the story missions with randos and (one guy not understanding a mechanic) aside, it went great.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Oh yeah, going in blind with a good group of close friends is pretty much the perfect way to play this thing. I'd do the same. Stay strong lol
Damn! I thought the revive was only within a small AOE circle. That's a game-changer.

Right? The wait is going to feel like forever, but I have a bunch of other stuff I can play to distract me! Speaking of, now that I beat Yakuza 0, I should get back into 13 Sentinels!

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
I don't get it, why did they give this to us for free? This is just insane.

It has so much depth to it that I just didn't expect, silver difficulty story missions actually mixing up enemy types, adding in elements from different levels and adding bonus objectives was something I did not expect. It feels really worth it to play through all the story missions again on the higher difficulty, I thought it would just be a bit harder and I'd stop caring after trying a couple of silver levels but now I have a drive to play it all. There's quite a lot of build variety as well and designing your build across your different items and techniques feels rewarding when you get some good stuff going.

Feels like there's easily 20+ hours of content in this update without reaching any repeated grinding at the same difficulty level, and all of that time spent is super fun. It just feels right to be playing this game in multiplayer.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
All my Gold survival attempts stop at wave 16. Soon as the triple flame archers and the freaking Oni with the flying birds come out, game over. Randoms don't like to stick together for the quick dps for some reason. You can clear zones faster and then rush to the next. At least until you're sufficiently geared. May be able to hold down zones solo then. I'll complete it today though.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
How the hell is this free?! Also, they added log time. I have 60 hours on my save file. Damn.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
All my Gold survival attempts stop at wave 16. Soon as the triple flame archers and the freaking Oni with the flying birds come out, game over. Randoms don't like to stick together for the quick dps for some reason. You can clear zones faster and then rush to the next. At least until you're sufficiently geared. May be able to hold down zones solo then. I'll complete it today though.
I somehow got to 20 on my run. It gets pretty rough though. I kind of want to just clear the first level and die to get a bunch of level 75-80 gear really fast lol

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
this DLC is honestly so good, its all ive been doing between running errands all day and preparing for a tiny get together tonight. as soon as bread was set to rise, run a few stories and survivals. ready for the oven? run a survival and we finished about the same time.
This sounds way more productive than what I've been doing all day, which is just playing the game constantly LOL

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
We need a fourth for survival! We are running on silver!

Add me on PSN: Stat_09

Last edited:

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Damn managed to beat gold with some randoms in matchmaking.

2DouvbA.png

JOipvgk.png

Gold difficulty gets wayyy too long. Also the snow map becomes impossible to see anything after wave 15 because theres fog everywhere. Really annoying for hunter...

Does this scale difficulty of you choose not to matchmake in survival?
Nope.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Bronze could be adjusted to 10 waves, Silver at 15 and Gold at 20 max. The combat is excellent, however, the matches go a bit long imo. Honestly, I think they could go 15 waves for Silver/Gold and it'd feel good. The number of elite enemies in Gold is enough to probably have matches average about 30 minutes.

Maybe they were going for long matches. I understand one of the main themes of the game is to endure. I'm not complaining though, it's Goat tier free dlc content.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Damn network error after wave 14 of a survival. 25 mins of gameplay down the drain with no rewards :(

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Bronze could be adjusted to 10 waves, Silver at 15 and Gold at 20 max. The combat is excellent, however, the matches go a bit long imo. Honestly, I think they could go 15 waves for Silver/Gold and it'd feel good. The number of elite enemies in Gold is enough to probably have matches average about 30 minutes.

Maybe they were going for long matches. I understand one of the main themes of the game is to endure. I'm not complaining though, it's Goat tier free dlc content.
I feel this. Maybe they will make some adjustments after getting some feedback?