• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which class will you be playing in Ghost of Tsushima: Legends?

• Samurai

Votes: 124 26.1%
  • Hunter

Votes: 61 12.8%
  • Ronin

Votes: 168 35.4%
  • Assassin

Votes: 122 25.7%

• Total voters

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Does the number on the top left of an item actually make a difference? e.g. if you have max stat roll on a 30 bow vs a low stat roll on a 60 bow does the 60 bow do more damage or what?

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is ace. Played bronze story missions all last night. Love that there's a little mechanical gimmick for each level.

Also, Assassins are chronicles of riddickulous. Though it was only bronze, my ultimate attack took out two brutes and a boss character in one use.

Last edited:

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
Does the number on the top left of an item actually make a difference? e.g. if you have max stat roll on a 30 bow vs a low stat roll on a 60 bow does the 60 bow do more damage or what?

Yeah. 60 Ki >>>> 30 Ki. The higher Ki level you are, the more damage you give and take. Average ki = current item level.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
This game has no right being this good or this deep and also being this free. I'm seriously impressed. This is Uncharted 2 multiplayer lightning in a bottle.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I'm really, really trying to hold off playing this until PS5, since my friends want to play it together on the new system, but man, it's hard. So, so hard. I keep thinking, "Maybe I'll just do one co-op match..." That's how it always starts, then later there's running, and -and screaming...
Jump in now, man, unless they're like...really good friends. It's the wild west. Always the best time for a game like this, before the meta emerges and everyone ends up powergaming a single class.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. 60 Ki >>>> 30 Ki. The higher Ki level you are, the more damage you give and take. Average ki = current item level.
Cool thanks. I rerolled some stuff and went from a 40 ki bow to a 60 ki epic bow and rolled 10% range damage on the new bow so hopefully I can one-shot headshot guys in silver again

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped at level 45. Haven't completed all of the story missions yet, but I'm cool with that.

I wonder if I play with lower level friends on bronze, will I get gear I can reroll to be at my level? If so, that's a great game design - allows you to get gear at your level regardless of the lowest leveled person.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
I stopped at level 45. Haven't completed all of the story missions yet, but I'm cool with that.

I wonder if I play with lower level friends on bronze, will I get gear I can reroll to be at my level? If so, that's a great game design - allows you to get gear at your level regardless of the lowest leveled person.
Yes. I rerolled a blue 30-40 bow into a purple 61 bow

Reforging is definitely one of the more expensive things you can do though..

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Yeah this mode is amazing. Survival mode is challenging as hell.
Hunter seems really powerful. You were pulling some serious weight on that multi-tiered snow map before you dropped. We ended up getting whooped at level 15 when the boss started shooting flocks of killer crows at us out of nowhere.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Didn't know this was out and I just played a few missions and sufficient to say I'm once again blown away by Sucker Punch this year

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Yes. I rerolled a blue 30-40 bow into a purple 61 bow

Reforging is definitely one of the more expensive things you can do though..
Does rerolling also alter any perks an item might have? I got a rare katana that has a chance to set enemies on fire, and a light-bow with an armor piercing perk that I probably want to keep around.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Which class should I unlock first? I started with the samurai. Kinda wanna choose Hunter but I'm way better in melee than ranged. Maybe assassin

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Does rerolling also alter any perks an item might have? I got a rare katana that has a chance to set enemies on fire, and a light-bow with an armor piercing perk that I probably want to keep around.

Reforging will re-roll everything but you'll get a chance to re-roll one of the affixes so you can reroll the perk back to fire you can only re-roll one line per item. Reforging is like getting a brand new drop basically that's rare or better (and leveled to you)

MiDoZ

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to hook up my playstation and download this asap.
So whats the verdict? Is it good?

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
which class seems to be the most popular so far?
I feel like Assassin, followed by Samurai, being melee focused and offensive.

Hunter is bow-focused so probably the least popular but very powerful.

Ronin is a cleric/wizard archetype whose AOE super is dogshit starting out since it does nothing you can't already do by just standing over a comrade and holding R2 for a couple seconds to revive. I can see it being great once upgraded to heal or ignite enemies though.

Last edited:

eek

Oct 26, 2017
which class seems to be the most popular so far?

Play as hunter and get wacky scoreboards like this

MGMXBnX.png

bdPi0ga.png

h6uSo89.png

heres the gear I ended up rerolling:
OcAUiqF.png

Sword is really low but it's my highest ultimate roll which, I'm assuming buffs my bow ultimate. I never use my sword anyway as seen in the post game screens above so hopefully it's buffing what I think it is buffing

Last edited:

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Jump in now, man, unless they're like...really good friends. It's the wild west. Always the best time for a game like this, before the meta emerges and everyone ends up powergaming a single class.

well, they're my best friends of 20 years, so, i kind of consider them really good friends... XD XD

the game isn't going anywhere, and it's just 27 days to PS5, so i can probably hold out until then!

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm going to unlock hunter next. Went Assassin first, then unlocked Samurai. They're both fun, but Samurai is definitely the tank.

Ronin instant revive any players across the map.

Then it heals. Its rough the first few hours but then in survival is nessecary

Yeah my friend was saying he's finding Ronin to be sorta lame because he doesn't get to use his ultimate as much, but I think it must shine outside of bronze stuff.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Assassin, followed by Samurai, being melee focused and offensive.

Hunter is bow-focused so probably the least popular but very powerful.

Ronin is a cleric/wizard archetype whose AOE super is dogshit starting out since it does nothing you can't already do by just standing over a comrade and holding R2 for a couple seconds to revive. I can see it being great once upgraded to heal or ignite enemies though.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How is this free? Massive kudos to Sony/Sucker Punch for not charging for this.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
How long does it take to play all the story mission? I wonder if this is something that can become long term gaas game and if people prefer paid expansion route or free2play with microtransaction route.
Took us about 3 hours to play through all the 2 player stuff.

I imagine with the extra difficulty levels and once the raid is implemented there'll be enough for dozens of hours without it feeling repetitive. The 4 player survival missions are a lot better than I thought they'd be.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
well, they're my best friends of 20 years, so, i kind of consider them really good friends... XD XD

the game isn't going anywhere, and it's just 27 days to PS5, so i can probably hold out until then!
Oh yeah, going in blind with a good group of close friends is pretty much the perfect way to play this thing. I'd do the same. Stay strong lol

Damn! I thought the revive was only within a small AOE circle. That's a game-changer.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
This seriously needs to be a full fledged spin off, it's genius. Love how they broke up all the styles and skills between weapon drops and classes.

This level of passion for a DLC project reminds me of when Rockstar made Undead Nightmare.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
okay, for real, why haven't sucker punch allowed customizable controls

It's not a deal breaker per se, but I can't get over how, without a lock on, a souls-style control scheme where my attack buttons are on my R1 and R2 would just make the game feel SO much better. And hell, I have a special control with extra buttons on the shoulder, so I actually just need one button on R1 and can keep the other one on Triangle, but I can only make that work using PS4's button change system which causes it's own problems.

sucker punch pls, you're so great at updating the game in every other way, pls do this as well

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I know they're planning to drop raids soon but there will likely be further story missions, correct?

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Man, this is even better than I expected. Hope they keep expanding on it. 60 fps on PS5 would be amazing as well.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I know they're planning to drop raids soon but there will likely be further story missions, correct?
dunno, with no paid dlc or microtransaction, who knows how much free content they can realistically spent resources on this. I imagine the multiplayer are things they do while smaller team is doing preproduction on Tsushima sequel and later the multiplayer team will go back to full on developing the sequel when they're ready. I don't really expect Legend to be long term gaas with years of updates if they're keeping it free.