• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which class will you be playing in Ghost of Tsushima: Legends?

• Samurai

Votes: 124 26.1%
  • Hunter

Votes: 61 12.8%
  • Ronin

Votes: 168 35.4%
  • Assassin

Votes: 122 25.7%

• Total voters

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not crazy about the higher tier difficulties becoming longer missions. The regular 15 waves of the easiest setting gets you a good 30 minute match. 20 waves feels like too many, I'm sure 25 will feel like way too many.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Had a lot of fun playing this earlier, somebody should make an Era discord so we can matchmake with members.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm really, really trying to hold off playing this until PS5, since my friends want to play it together on the new system, but man, it's hard. So, so hard. I keep thinking, "Maybe I'll just do one co-op match..." That's how it always starts, then later there's running, and -and screaming...

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I went with Ronin because dog, but I don't have PS+ and kinda intended to just solo stuff because I don't really like MP, and... yeah. May not have been the wisest of choices. Not having a working ult kinda sucks.

Plus it's throwing me off that there's no in-battle healing? Right? Like, it's been a while since I played the campaign, but the "use a dot to heal yourself" button was Dpad down, which is now the "summon dog" button, right?

So yeah, maybe I'll buy a month of Plus (or see if I qualify for a freebie at this point). But it does seem kinda dumb that it takes so much work to unlock extra classes. Also seems dumb that the Ronin ult doesn't even heal my own HP, so it's literally useless in single player. And presumably of limited utility even in 2p, since anyone can just use R2 to revive someone.

I'm sure for, like, endgame 4P raids having a mass rez is super useful, but... that's a ways away.

Yushi

Nov 27, 2017
I'm really, really trying to hold off playing this until PS5, since my friends want to play it together on the new system, but man, it's hard. So, so hard. I keep thinking, "Maybe I'll just do one co-op match..." That's how it always starts, then later there's running, and -and screaming...

Trust me there a lot of streaming once you get up difficulty. Its amazing

Sorry im probably not helping lol

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Trust me there a lot of streaming once you get up difficulty. Its amazing

Sorry im probably not helping lol

Lol! You're not!! XD XD

I'm probably going to go with Ronin, because in the few MP games I bothered to play, I always preferred support classes. What can I say, I love to buff/heal/revive my teammates. lol

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Played through all 9 story missions with a friend and did one round of survival.

This has rather vastly exceeded my expectations, the amount of content isn't too crazy but there's a lot of depth to the systems and its just so much fun, it really feels designed well for co-op and not just tacked on.

Bravo Sucker Punch, this is an amazing free update, I would still be really happy if I'd payed a fair bit for it as DLC.
How long does it take to play all the story mission? I wonder if this is something that can become long term gaas game and if people prefer paid expansion route or free2play with microtransaction route.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I just did the first mission with a random player and man, this mode is amazing.

I didn't expect the matchmaking to be so quick. It was near instantaneous. Also they have a fucking ping system in there, thank god for that. How can Sucker Punch get this so right even though it was an extra free mode for a single player game, but CD got it so wrong in Avengers.

Anyway, I really liked the environment design and the little story that they were telling in that chapter as well. Can't wait to play more of this.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I just did the first mission with a random player and man, this mode is amazing.

I didn't expect the matchmaking to be so quick. It was near instantaneous. Also they have a fucking ping system in there, thank god for that. How can Sucker Punch get this so right even though it was an extra free mode for a single player game, but CD got it so wrong in Avengers.

Anyway, I really liked the environment design and the little story that they were telling in that chapter as well. Can't wait to play more of this.

I've played for about 4-5 hours and can't get enough, it's an amazing addition. I'm baffled that this is SP's first attempt at MP.

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018
Well, I went with Ronin because dog, but I don't have PS+ and kinda intended to just solo stuff because I don't really like MP, and... yeah. May not have been the wisest of choices. Not having a working ult kinda sucks.

Plus it's throwing me off that there's no in-battle healing? Right? Like, it's been a while since I played the campaign, but the "use a dot to heal yourself" button was Dpad down, which is now the "summon dog" button, right?

So yeah, maybe I'll buy a month of Plus (or see if I qualify for a freebie at this point). But it does seem kinda dumb that it takes so much work to unlock extra classes. Also seems dumb that the Ronin ult doesn't even heal my own HP, so it's literally useless in single player. And presumably of limited utility even in 2p, since anyone can just use R2 to revive someone.

I'm sure for, like, endgame 4P raids having a mass rez is super useful, but... that's a ways away.

If you look at the techniques for Ronin you'll see that Ronin gets more heals as you rank up. That revive can also heal you and whole team once you get to rank 5 and pick up that technique.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I've played for about 4-5 hours and can't get enough, it's an amazing addition. I'm baffled that this is SP's first attempt at MP.
Seriously.

Also, I'm already liking the unwritten rules/habits that will hopefully grow within the community. After the mission was done me and the other player immediately faced each other and bowed simultaneously lol

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
Though it's not a big deal, it was jarring to realize I was (temporarily) locked into playing my starting Assassin class. I just unlocked Samurai after getting it to Rank 8.

Oct 25, 2017
I played some of the story mode, solo, no matchmaking, no PS+ and it's really cool. Very surprised they allowed that.

I also tried survival but that seems like it might be impossible alone at least with base stats and equipment.

Sucker Punch really going above and beyond with this, and a 60fps PS5 patch to boot. I feel very good about having bought this game!

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone up for hopping online? I posted a discord link above for folks to join in. I'm gonna hop online.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
That second story mission has a weird difficulty spike if you aren't playing assassin. Don't love the disciple mechanic.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
is there many new enemy types in the game? bosses etc that make the game feel different than the single player mode?
There's a couple of new types that I've seen so far. The bigger thing is modifiers to existing enemies, for instance enemies being linked together so they both need to be killed in a certain time or one will revive, enemies that generate a large healing aura that rapidly heals enemies, and enemies that can only be hurt after enchanting your weapons with a certain element from in level shrines, and that's only the first 3 story missions. So there's a fair amount of twists on the gameplay.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Truly a breath of fresh air after the hot mess I had to deal with Avengers and the subpar Destiny 2 event.

Logged off with both Ronin and Assassin at level 8 - 41 power level, bronze story cleared and I cant wait to wake up tomorrow and clear up survivals in silver!

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
I leveled Samurai enough to unlock a second class. I went with Assassin for stealth. I've stepped into Silver matches and it's tough but fair. Took about 45 minutes to clear all 20 waves. I thought that was too long and was about to post that as a negative. But, I realized this is only day one and everyone is still gearing up and learning.

I'll give it a solid two weeks before some players are doing Silver in 20 minutes or less and Gold in 30.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Only played 3 rounds so far(would have played more but I had to get ready for work). This was way too fun even when you inevitably end up wiping on wave 10. And matchmaking is surprisingly quick too

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Played 5 story missions and a survivor match with a friend. Goddamn, Legends is better than the Avengers game, by a lot.

I picked the assassin, really fun class.

Can't see how Ghost of Tsushima isnt GOTY for me. Well done, SP.

apowhungo

Oct 30, 2017
My brother and I just played through all the 2 player story levels in a row and it took us like 3 hours. However that's only through the Bronze, basic levels. Stepping up the difficulty really changes things.

fack you guys must be good then. im not too far into the main story but it took me and a buddy 2 hours to get through the first three missions on easy, but we struggled a ton.

just finished a horde mode/whatever its called with randoms, everyone knew what was up and definitely saved my ass a lot.

this extra game mode is insane on top of a goty level game

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
fack you guys must be good then. im not too far into the main story but it took me and a buddy 2 hours to get through the first three missions on easy, but we struggled a ton.

just finished a horde mode/whatever its called with randoms, everyone knew what was up and definitely saved my ass a lot.

this extra game mode is insane on top of a goty level game

We definitely treated it like a speed run. One of us Samurai and the other Ronin. Ran in swords blazing the majority of the time haha. This game is seriously remarkable though. I can't believe this is a free mode.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
the different mechanics are bloody good, ghosts that can only been seen during lightning strikes ? yes!

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Played 5 story missions and a survivor match with a friend. Goddamn, Legends is better than the Avengers game, by a lot.

I picked the assassin, really fun class.

Can't see how Ghost of Tsushima isnt GOTY for me. Well done, SP.

yeah its hilarious, Legends is so better than Avengers, can't believe this is SP's first MP content

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
So I only played the first story mission. Do other missions have this similar red visual filter?

Xclusion

Nov 8, 2017
Had a blast playing survival with some friends, crazy how this translated to multiplayer so well.