• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Damn new dyes! Will try and get all off those.

Legends is gonna be sick as hell. Waiting for that to drop with a friend.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Was half expecting we'd hear of a PS5 port too - I know it'll work on backwards compatibility but thought we'd be getting maybe some sort of PS5 version of the game.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
coop? cool

For TLOU2 I assume they're waiting for the multiplayer to be available to release a GOTY edition. GoT is too soon. It'll come after TLOU2. I'd guess we'll hear more early next year

If they do this than it's a missed opportunity. They cant possibly split the PS4 and PS5 userbases for these online games. If they do that then I honestly don't get what their goal is.

SirNick

Aug 26, 2020
What kind of enhancements would the game needs? Isn't it already 4K?

I think it's 30 FPS at 1080p, and Resolution Mode is 1440p upscaled to 1800. Beyond resolution and frame rate, maybe improved visuals, RT, etc. It looks great but it could be improved to take advantage of PS5.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
NG+ sounds excellent. Can't wait to play through again with all of my hot gear and abilities.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was half expecting we'd hear of a PS5 port too - I know it'll work on backwards compatibility but thought we'd be getting maybe some sort of PS5 version of the game.

It's insane how these consoles come out in a month and this still isn't addressed by Sony. BC is a thing, but will it get patched for next gen? Orrrrrr?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
That assassin's outfit is dope. Rock and a hard place. I really wanna play this, but not until I get a PS5...which I really don't feel compelled to get for a while.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Still waiting for the ps5 version to play this game. Can't wait. I hope they'll provide a meaty next gen patch.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
My single biggest concern was they'd remove all the skills/items from New Game Plus because the game is so much more fun when you have everything unlocked.

It'll be nice to apply it all to the early game.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is it with Sony games not launching with NG+?

Is it some tactic to drag out the time before people sell their game? Is it meant to be a form of post release support (because adding what feels like a cut feature most games have built in day 1 sure isn't).

It turns me of buying day 1 as I don't enjoy starting from scratch each playthrough and I know NG+ will be missing.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Really want to buy it right now since it's on sale but I want to hold off in case there's a PS5 upgrade. Wish Sony would give us an indication.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
A short recap:

8PwWMxB.png

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Is it some tactic to drag out the time before people sell their game? Is it meant to be a form of post release support (because adding what feels like a cut feature most games have built in day 1 sure isn't).

It turns me of buying day 1 as I don't enjoy starting from scratch each playthrough and I know NG+ will be missing.
Because it's a lot of additional work to commit to when getting the game out the door on release date is the priority. Then it just adds value and expands the shelf life of the title after the fact. Win-win.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This all sounds amazing. Less than 2 weeks away, too!

Wonder how deep the co-op experience goes.

I'll never understand people who say this, especially HERE. Like, come on - you're on ResetEra! Loads of us would be willing to play co-op with you :)
To be honest I never delved that much into co-op games and therefore never thought about searching for co-op buddies here.
So yeah I'd join happily :)

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because it's a lot of additional work to commit to when getting the game out the door on release date is the priority. Then it just adds value and expands the shelf life of the title after the fact. Win-win.
When most games have this on launch to the point it's a basic feature, Sony not having it is not win-win.

Oct 30, 2017

I like it.

NG+ is not always a standard feature for every game. I'm sure in some instances it requires further balancing and game tweaking.

It's typically accompanied by additional content.
Like with LOU2, it was accompanied by additional filters, accessibility options, another difficulty mode, and more.
As long as it is being accompanied by additional content, I can't really say it's an artificial game design decision.

But considering Sony's biggest games are single player experiences with minimal or very fairly priced additional content, it seems valid to try to add additional content to continue to breathe life into these titles extend the legs.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
If they do this than it's a missed opportunity. They cant possibly split the PS4 and PS5 userbases for these online games. If they do that then I honestly don't get what their goal is.
I don't think they'll split the user bases. I think PS4 owners will be able to play with PS5 owners. I think they'll release a definitive version with higher graphical fidelity, similar to Spiderman, and it'll launch to coincide with the online mode. I'm betting the online mode will be free to play. And we may even get the online mode for PC!

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
That new charm with Heavenly Strike now add lighting bolt strike to nearby enemies. 😄

That's pretty cool.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017

Witcher 3, AC: Origins, and AC: Odyssey all got NG+ as updates. It seems like the norm for this type of dense open world game.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Exodus too. Probably a lot more if I wanted to do additional Googling.

I added AC: Origins after as well. Genuinely seems like the norm, and it makes sense--give players the chance to complete the content and then add in NG+ for free a few months after, to keep things fresh and maintain interest in the game.

BOTW has it too, right? I forget if that was a part of the paid DLC or not.

Bill

Oct 29, 2017
Im assuming they are calling this version 1.1 because there are going to be more similar enhancement/feature patches later on... I hope so!

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Already platinum it, and didnt touch it again to wait for this. Its amazing everything they are adding, and all for free, diving back in day 1

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I added AC: Origins after as well. Genuinely seems like the norm, and it makes sense--give players the chance to complete the content and then add in NG+ for free a few months after, to keep things fresh and maintain interest in the game.

BOTW has it too, right? I forget if that was a part of the paid DLC or not.
I don't think BOTW has a NG+ and it's been a minute since I picked it up so I may be wrong.