• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What Language Are You Playing Ghost In?

• English

Votes: 433 44.1%
  • Japanese

Votes: 549 55.9%

• Total voters

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, so my 2020 goty releases June 26th, got it.

It looks so amazing, can't wait to get my hands on it. Japanes dub all the way!

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if it was mentioned but do we know if the gameplay will have those black bars like The Order 1886?

49619299536_9543e34670_k.jpg

It was the same as TGA trailer. I'm still assuming it's just for trailer purposes but...

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Do not have time to go through the entire thread since I am at work, so assuming it has already been mentioned, but am I the only one who feels like the art style has changed up some since the introduction? I feel like it initially had more of a comic book / animation look for lack of a better description, and now it looks more like a typical game. It still looks good, and funny enough I was not sold on the original art style although I did find it intriguing. I just feel like it has changed some since the reveal?

I will say that perhaps it changed quite some time ago. I will be honest when I say the game itself fell of my radar since the reveal. So it may be well known and documented the art style changed and I just did not know.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
The aesthetics look amazing, I hope with Sony releasing some games on PC now this game gets the same treatment so we can get higher resolution textures, since it's something it's clearly lacking in some areas.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This gave me serious goosebumps. Can't wait! We haven't had a legit new stealth game for a while.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
We have a serious contendor for soundtrack of the year. Like damn i got goosebumps when the music kicked in on the landscape shots.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I would get more used to it as more footage came out, but it still seems so weird that these characters are speaking English. Like, it kinda breaks your brain a bit because it looks highly realistic and authentic but the sound really creates a dissonance for me

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Does anyone know if there is any news at all if I get this digitally it can be played on the PS5 also at a later date? Any information whatsoever? Or has this not been confirmed.

I would quite like to play this on something that doesn't loudly blast hot air into my room but I have no faith that I could avoid spoilers?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game looks great. Curious about all the systems and mechanics in gameplay and how well the combat is.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That was underwhelming, TLOU 2 looks many times more impressive by comparison.

By this logic, pretty much every single game besides TLOU2 is going to be underwhelming, since you're literally comparing to arguably the best of the best (VA, acting, animations, cutscenes, writing, story etc wise).

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
Just five days after my birthday too. Oh Sucker Punch you shouldn't have. This will be a mighty fine b-day present for myself.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Kinda wish the lipsync matched the Japanese voices but I get that's a huge amount of work to do two sets of animations
Loving the art direction tho

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
May and June are going to be incredible months to be a PlayStation owner. This game looks stunning as hell!

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I disagree. On top of being close or on par with RDR2 on a tech level GoT also has an insanely beautiful, artistic visual approach to it. Every shot looks like an artwork, you can cut the atmosphere with a katana. ;)
pun intended?
but yeah the artstyle like i said in another post is a gigantic plus for this game.
i want to see how much physics and interaction you can have in the world, rdr2 is still untochable regarding tech level imo.
stupid example, look at the mud scene in the first gameplay video (the first combat jin has), rdr2 has far better mud interaction, maybe they are gonna improve in the final version, but for what i saw, rdr2 is still the king of open world game graphically speaking (not the better in any graphical aspect possible of course, more on a general level of things if you understand what i mean)

happy to be disproved by sucker punch of course.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
lttp, sorry if this has been answered, did they confirm some sort of smart delivery?

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now that looks interesting.

I hope I can play it with japanese VA. If gameplay is half decent, I'm in.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I am extraordinarily excited for this but will wait to hear about Sony's crossbuy strategy before preordering.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda wish the lipsync matched the Japanese voices but I get that's a huge amount of work to do two sets of animations
Loving the art direction tho
That would be so much work they'd probably need to delay the game forever. If they'd gone with the lipsync matching the Japanese voices, then lipsync not matching the English voices would have caused even more meltdowns. That's probably why FromSoftware doesn't animate mouths moving, to avoid the issue with other languages (though it has made people call them lazy for that).

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
pun intended?
but yeah the artstyle like i said in another post is a gigantic plus for this game.
i want to see how much physics and interaction you can have in the world, rdr2 is still untochable regarding tech level imo.
stupid example, look at the mud scene in the first gameplay video (the first combat jin has), rdr2 has far better mud interaction, maybe they are gonna improve in the final version, but for what i saw, rdr2 is still the king of open world game graphically speaking (not the better in any graphical aspect possible of course, more on a general level of things if you understand what i mean)

happy to be disproved by sucker punch of course.

I doubt the world has anywhere near the same complexity or levels of interaction as RDR2. I think expectations need to be tempered with games in general relative to the studio and/or budget, especially vs other class leading competition.

Ultimately, Ghost of Tsushima is being made by around 200~ devs, whilst RDR2 was made by approximately 1600 to 2000. Even accounting for the fact that RDR2 is multiplatform whilst GoT is (presumably) exclusive, that's still a massive gulf in terms of budget, scope and development team size.

Oct 28, 2017
fuck! im trying to stop buying any more physical games cuz i dont have any more space to store them specially CEs but i really, really want this one

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
That would be so much work they'd probably need to delay the game forever. If they'd gone with the lipsync matching the Japanese voices, then lipsync not matching the English voices would have caused even more meltdowns. That's probably why FromSoftware doesn't animate mouths moving, to avoid the issue with other languages (though it has made people call them lazy for that).

Also for as many people will say that they will play Japanese, I can bet you a good 90 - 95% of english speaking players will end up playing with English voices.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Well, both are single player games. I doubt it'll take fans a month to finish TLOU2. It's the kind of game everyone rushes to finish to avoid spoilers.
Yeh but usually Sony spreads out their heavy hitters. Besides the obvious Ps5, they must have something cooking for holiday season.

Can't remember the last time they had back to back AAA titles releasing