• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What Language Are You Playing Ghost In?

• English

Votes: 433 44.1%
  • Japanese

Votes: 549 55.9%

• Total voters

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
One thing that owning a PlayStation console always guarantees you is not only an astounding software line-up in its final year, but delivers a fantastic (first party) swan song...

PSone — Vib-Ribbon
PlayStation 2 — God of War 2
PlayStation 3 — The Last of Us
PlayStation 4 — Ghost of Tsushima

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I was kinda thinking sorta the same thing. It is weird that Sony would put out two HIGH profile games so close to each other. I'm sure it wasn't originally planned that way, however to ensure maximum penetration in sales they need to ensure there is enough runway on both titles for their 100 million + PS4 install base vs a significantly smaller audience on PS5 in November.
Only a few days ago in the retro replay stream Neil mentioned that he does not think they can afford to delay TLOU2 again. So i doubt that in the week since they had to delay the game and bumped ghost up in the schedule.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will wait to play this on PS5, at 4K.

P5G9fc0.gif

e4SyNN9.gif

M5nbrU4.gif
I wish I was strong enough to wait 😔

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
lol, that puts that thread of yesterday in a weird light. "What's going on with Ghost?!"

Well - here it is! Coming in June already! :D
Getting that special edition with the steelbook. Looks great.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, kinda surprised they aren't pushing this to launch day 1 with the PS5.

edit: But NOT cancelling the PS4 version.

Last edited:

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Wow did not expect this as a PS4 user I'm eating starting this month till end of June. Amazing line up.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I hope that date sticks. Looks gorgeous. And hopefully the script has more depth than lame platitudes about bushido.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
got me a collector's edition. Don't do that type of thing often.
You can play this on PS5 anyways. So might as well release it on the bigger platform.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why people expected this to go to PS5 only, when the PS4 has a massive install base.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I'm broke and loving it.

The next 3 1/2 months is going to push my wallet to the extreme edge. Nioh 2, Persona 5 Royal, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, The Last Of Us 2, and Ghost Of Tsushima. Back to back to back to back to back. Sheesh.

The steelbook collector in me is boiling over in anticipation.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
I'll buy this Day 1, but save it as the first game I play on the PS5!
Honestly, kinda surprised they aren't pushing this to launch day 1 with the PS5.
If reviews say the Pro doesn't handle it optimally enough, I'll wait until PS5.
Hopefully by then we will find out what the PS5 will be able to do optimizing PS4 games. We already know it will boot faster going by the Spiderman demo.

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why people expected this to go to PS5 only, when the PS4 has a massive install base.

Who is saying PS5 only?

MS doing the same thing with Halo infinite. Coming out day 1 on series x, along with all other xbox ones.

Nintendo did the same with with zelda.

Obviously I'll play this in June, but just surprised because PS5 is just a few months later, and seems like a no brainer cross gen launch title while also giving it a few extra months for polish.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Looks even better than previous trailers. Was considering waiting until PS5 comes out but I don't think I can wait. Think I'll just play it on PS4 when it comes out and replay it on PS5 when the enhancement patch comes out.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
If PS4 can do this graphics with crappy notebook 1.6ghz Jaguar CPU and 1.8teraflops GPU i can't wait what can developers achieve with powerful Ryzen 8c/16t at 3ghz+,probably 10+ rdna gpu, SSD,raytracing..

Oct 26, 2017
Who is saying PS5 only?

MS doing the same thing with Halo infinite. Coming out day 1 on series x, along with all other xbox ones.

Nintendo did the same with with zelda.

Obviously I'll play this in June, but just surprised because PS5 is just a few months later, and seems like a no brainer cross gen launch title while also giving it a few extra months for polish.
Maybe they don't want to compete with their own potentially stacked launch lineup ;)

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Nope, not cancel PS4 version.

Xbox is doing the same with Halo, and Nintendo did the same with zelda.
Sony probably think they don't need to do that

I mean, we are sure that the first batch of millions PS5 will sell no matter what + they probably have 1-2 exclusives ready at launch + third party games + the 2nd wave of exclusives coming early 2021 to carry the momentum (e.g. Horizon sequel)

No need to cannibalize sales of their future PS5 launch exclusive and third party games

And Ghost will probably skyrocket profits (probably big sales during an empty time of the year considering multiple delays from third party games) during Q2 (July-Sept) in addition to Cyberpunk/Avengers/FIFA/NBA 2K thanks to platform cut, enjoy profits and announce backward compatibility including free enhancements to keep people who bought your game into the ecosystem by buying PS5