• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Previous record for a new IP was Horizon Zero Dawn with 2.6M sold-through in 2 weeks

Some data (sold-through = sold to consumers)
  • TLOU Part II : 4M in 3 days
  • Spider-Man : 3.3M in 3 days
  • God of War : 3.1M in 3 days
  • Ghost of Tsushima : 2.4M in 3 days
  • Uncharted 4 : 2.7M in 1 week
  • Horizon Zero Dawn : 2.6M in 2 weeks
  • inFamous SS : 1M in 9 days
  • Bloodborne : 1M in 12 days
  • Detroit Become Human : 1M in 2 weeks

Last edited:

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved, good job SP! You did hell of a job.
Can't wait to see what wonders they do on their PS5 game.

Oct 29, 2017
Great. I haven't had time to pick it up yet but my friends all seem to love it. Sony keeps absolutely killing it

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, did better than Horizon. That's amazing and so well deserved. Sony are just on fire, seems like every game they release is huge now.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
wow, this is very impressive.

singleplayer focused games w/o live content and mtx are alive and kicking and i could not be happier. they exist, i support it.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Congrats Sucker Punch, that's a hugely impressive feat for a new IP!

For comparison, Horizon did 2.6M in under two weeks. Two huge new IP for Sony this generation is a great job by SIE first party studios!

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Great, hit after hit. I hope they continue next gen with these kind of games, just what i like most and couldn't be happier with the success

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
For context:

Last of Us 2 First 3 Days: 4 Million
Spider-Man: First 3 Days: 3.3 Million
God of War First 3 Days: 3.1 Million

Pretty amazing to get these numbers with an original IP. An incredible success streak.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Absolutely deserved.

Good to see them doing better than Horizon, Days Gone and Death Stranding at launch.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Awesome game!
tenor.gif

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Damn Sony first party really is a hit maker, seems like every game they release is breaking some kind of record for them.

Congrats Sucker Punch, well deserved, I'm really enjoying the game so far.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Just saw this! Honestly I'm really enjoying the game but was totally expecting a number around 1.6m
HUGE congratulations to Sucker Punch!

Oct 27, 2017
I love the three open world new IP launched this gen by Sony (Horizon, Days Gone, Tsushima) but I think the last one is indeed my favorite, although I've yet to finish it. What a conclusion for PlayStation Studios.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Really quite amazing tbh. Shows the power of actually giving people what they've been clamouring for for years.

Now we can get the sequel 'Ghosts of Tsushima' that makes it so everyone who mislabelled the game as that now looks even more silly.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Damn Sony first party really is a hit maker, seems like every game they release is breaking some kind of record for them.

Congrats Sucker Punch, well deserved, I'm really enjoying the game so far.

Not everything broke records.

We didn't have Days Gone and Death Stranding sales updates

fadeawayjae

May 31, 2019
Damn PlayStation keeps killin it, but this makes it more unlikely they will ever put first part games day and date on PS Now