• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the game, but I'll have to see how substantial the dlc is. And you have to pay for japanese lip sync? That's a bit weird, man

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I loved the game, but I'll have to see how substantial the dlc is. And you have to pay for japanese lip sync? That's a bit weird, man
you're paying for the ps5 visuals, dualsense support, performance options (and the lip sync). Some folks don't think it is worth it, but IMO dualsense support is a huge deal. I really love it.

My most anticipated thing aside from a few upcoming games is the death stranding directors cut with dualsense support. I wanna feel different ground terrain. Snow, mud, grass, metal, wood, glass, etc. the storms and raindrops. the paranormal enemies.

For me the dualsense is a big deal. I think other folks just see the 10 bucks for the nextgen version as worth it.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
you're paying for the ps5 visuals, dualsense support, performance options (and the lip sync). Some folks don't think it is worth it, but IMO dualsense support is a huge deal. I really love it.

My most anticipated thing aside from a few upcoming games is the death stranding directors cut with dualsense support. I wanna feel different ground terrain. Snow, mud, grass, metal, wood, glass, etc. the storms and raindrops. the paranormal enemies.

For me the dualsense is a big deal. I think other folks just see the 10 bucks for the nextgen version as worth it.

yeah the dualsense is worth it to me, if implemented well.

Res

Oct 25, 2017

It's just that with the japanese setting and all it's a bit odd that the japanese lip sync isn't free. Yeah I know it's a business decision to just include it with the other ps5 upgrades, but still

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
These sound like awesome additions and changes but I will be holding off for a sale, with the ONLY reason being that I played thoroughly and Platinumed the game and still don't have an immediate desire to return.

Going to wishlist the $30 PS5 upgrade and grab it on sale later on -- it's my intention to someday return to Ghost of Tsushima and play the new content that's coming with this, but I don't feel the urgent need to be on it right away.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
It's just that with the japanese setting and all it's a bit odd that the japanese lip sync isn't free. Yeah I know it's a business decision to just include it with the other ps5 upgrades, but still
They said it was a technical decision. The power of the ps5 is strong enough to do both options. Apparently there is no way to do it on the ps4. It has to do with the cutscene cinematic capabilities on the PS5 for this game.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
People are rightfully shitting on the paid PS5 upgrade for the original game, but the fact the PS4 version of the *still not released* Director's Cut also requires a paid upgrade is pretty bad

Res

Oct 25, 2017
They said it was a technical decision. The power of the ps5 is strong enough to do both options. Apparently there is no way to do it on the ps4. It has to do with the cutscene cinematic capabilities on the PS5 for this game.
Yes, I am aware that they said it is not possible on the ps4. I'm just saying that I feel the japanese lip sync should at least be free considering the setting

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I loved this game more than I would have expected when I played it, so this is pretty neat. I'll wait to see how it is since I don't typically pick up DLC well after finishing a game

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Yea can't say I'm happy about having to pay to make use of my PS5 properly. The expansion should be paid sure, but the rest should be a free upgrade for all users.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
So if you have GoT PS4, the $20 Director's Cut upgrade adds just the Iki Island stuff and nothing else? The PS5 DC has Japanese lip sync and some other features but all that's new on the PS4 version is Iki Island?

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
So if you have GoT PS4, the $20 Director's Cut upgrade adds just the Iki Island stuff and nothing else? The PS5 DC has Japanese lip sync and some other features but all that's new on the PS4 version is Iki Island?

It appears you also get the digital content that was previously exclusive to the deluxe edition- the art book and such.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Lruce is lil too high but it's in line with what Sony have always charged for expansions on this scale.
Imma get it day 1 regardless.

Touha

Oct 27, 2017
Unbelievably excited for this!!!!! It is the dream scenario I was hoping for—native PS5 version of game with haptic support with single player DLC expansion and more Legends content. August 20th can't get here soon enough!!!

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
I'm in it for the expansion. Will get the 30 bucks PS4 -> PS5 upgrade. I wonder how big Ikishima will be.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
Having just finished the game, I need to hear about how significant the expansion will be before I decide to upgrade or not.

CATM

Banned
Apr 20, 2021
Don't be obtuse, I'm obviously talking about the outrage.

Still applies. People on here are outraged at everything. There's also nothing wrong with the way they're releasing the director's cut. They don't care about avoiding multiple pages of outrage on resetera, nor should they. You think they're really sitting back saying "man, we really screwed this up, there's 25 pages of outrage on era."

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I mean some would just want the upgrade and NOT the expansion, but for most people will want the expansion. So just think the $30 is for an expansion. Idk seems fair to me. If it was just $30 for a PS5 upgrade yeah, but I'm getting all those features plus a whole new expansion!