• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Just hit the dpad and you're in photomode instantly, just likes pressing the jump button. Never been easier or better.
Speaking of just hitting a button, I really like how picking up items doesn't involve an animation. Makes things move much quicker.

Also, about photomode, I noticed that environment sounds become louder/more pronounced while in it.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017

This.
Naughty Dog just knows how to make amazing looking wet leafs.

GoT has phenomenal art direction and the lighting plays perfectly with the environment but TLoU2 still has it beat.
I swear I could take screenshots of abandoned kitchens all day long because they just look soooo good in that game.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
If you talk about art style, probably. But on a technical level, the game really isn't impressive. Bad animations, copy and past houses, not the best texture quality...

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
It's a stunning-looking game - definitely one of the best, but I've got to give it to TLOU2. That game is fine-tuned to the letter. I'm still thinking about how good that game looked and performed.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
50046359757_5360ca69ef_k.jpg

50049350091_505582e3ad_k.jpg

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
TLOU2 looks the best but it's not open world. RDR2 looks more natural, but GOT looks much more gorgeous. So yeah Ghost for me.

Freddie13

Nov 2, 2017
No. TLOU 2 and RDR 2 have it beat on the graphics department objectively. BOTW in the art direction IMO.

MXG

Oct 29, 2018
RDR2 it is. Judging from the screenshots, GoT has insanely good art direction, but many textures fall short.

Oct 29, 2017
I'd say TLOU is still king for graphics as a whole. RDR2 for open world graphics but I think we can define 'look better' beyond graphics. I've been wowed a lot more whilst playing Ghost than the former two. The art direction plus the graphical fidelity just make it an absolute treat.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
For non-open world games, I don't think The Last of Us Part II has competition. For open world games, Ghost of Tsushima compares well, but I think it's a toss-up between Red Dead Redemption II and Death Stranding for top spot, that I would give to RDR2 because of the systems it lays over it.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Easily.

While technically a non-open world such as TLOU2 looks better, artistically and graphically I give GoT my vote of the best looking game this gen. So far RDR2 on XOX was my winner.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Having played GoT for quite a bit and then switching over to my third TLOU II playthrough nah...just nah lol. TLOU II is on another level in terms of its lighting, shaders, and amount of hq unique assets and detail per area. Tsushima has gorgeous art direction and color palette but you can definitely see it lagging elsewhere, especially things like ground textures and animation. They're both beautiful games at the end of the day though.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Graphics and art directiong synergize with each other and nowhere is their combination stronger than in Ghost of Tsushima. Almost every second I spend in this world I am in awe. Right on my d-pad (photo mode button) must be getting real tired of my shit.

armadillopoke

Banned
May 14, 2020
I don't think this game looks bad, but I have to say, I'm not getting this brain melting visual masterpiece that some of y'all seem to be receiving.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Horizon, TLOU2, RDR2, God of War, Uncharted, Detroit.

Ghosts is fine, it has some great art direction at times(also reuses a ton of assets, even for an open world game) but I don't think it's even in the tier those others are.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Ghost of Tsushima is a beautiful game in many aspects yet it just asks for a PS5 version and while I would love to play more of it yet since I play on a base PS4 I'm getting a feeling that I should wait and see if or when we'll get a PS5 upgrade or just wait to play it in BC mode.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RDR2 does look better IMO but thats not even what makes RDR2 impressive to me. Its everything else they managed to fit in alongside incredible visuals.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah Red Dead 2 and Tlou2 are far more impressive, easily. They may be the most impressive games we'll see this generation, just astounding craftsmanship all around.

Tsushima is still an incredible looking game with a very unique touch and style and I'm loving it.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
no, not even close. You are just showing the pretty areas, but the game can be pretty damn boring in a lot of them and not consistent. In some areas it just looks bad and ps3 like.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
From what I've seen it does have some of the best looking moments, but it's also a bit more inconsistent than other games. Many times it looks great, but nowhere near the best. At other moments it's straight up jaw-dropping.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
It's a good looking game, but very sterile. No way Japan ever looked like that.

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
There are some moments that this game looks like it's running on ps5 but generally I put lou2 and rdr2 above

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
If by more impressive you mean more colorful, sure.
The expansive hub areas were more impressive than anything that we got in TLOU2. Which has nothing to do with the color palette and more to do with level design. I guess there's only so much you can do in a post apocalypse setting before things just end up looking the same. It does have a few memorable areas though.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I wish UC4 looked more like this game in motion.

You can spin the camera insanely fast and it still looks good, in UC4 the judder is insane

Apr 19, 2018
Germany
TLOU2 or RDR2 might technically be better but the art direction of GoT is so much better. The other two seem boring in that regard in comparison imo.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Yes, it is. Is it technically the best? Probably not, is it the game I pause every 2-3 minutes to admire the view or to take a screenshot? Yes.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Most wholesome looking game, yes. The wind mechanics are awesome and holy shit was this game cinematic.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The level of detail is not even close. GOT has a shit ton of recycled assets. All the buildings look the same on the interior and exterior. Nearly all the assets in TLOU2 are unique to that area. The scope is smaller but the world is far more believable.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most technically impressive? No, RDR 2 wins that title. Native 4K on X with those graphics is legit wizardry.
Most beautiful though? I would say yes. I can't think of any other game where it's this easy to get a jaw-dropping screenshot on basically any place on the map.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
The scenery is fantastic...and the game looks downright amazing at times. However it can also look very flat at times.

This is the main reason I cannot even consider it even close to RDR 2/TLOU 2 since they have a polish which is unmatched.

I think I would put this game, graphics wise, below Horizon. But I could be wrong since I have not played the game since it came out.

FuddyDuddy

Nov 4, 2019
I would compare this game to Horizon Zero Dawn in terms of gorgeous scenery. Red Dead Redemption 2 is better graphics wise and from what I've seen so is The Last of Us 2. I never really stopped to look around like I have with Ghost of Tsushima though. Art direction is amazing.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
TLOU 2 especially when factoring in faces and animations

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
HDR game of the generation.. It's not the best looking and doesn't take the technical crown either.

But man is this game a looker.. Photomode is an afterthought in most games. Ghost of Tsushima integrates so well it's like part of the gameplay.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how this beats TLOU2.

Also debatable if it beats titles like RDR2, HZD, and Days Gone (which, at its best, looks quite impressive)..

Makes me hyped for next gen more than anything, since this stuff is working on 7 year old console hardware--- what can be achieved with that barrier lifted? Gonna be an exciting next few years for gaming