• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like CGI trailers. The game looks awesome already so why do them?

Oh well, this hints at some of the stuff we will be seeing. Just three more weeks!

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Oh well, this hints at some of the stuff we will be seeing. Just three more weeks!

They do these for every Sony exclusive. They air them as commercials. There's plenty of gameplay already out, these are just another part of the marketing campaign.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They do these for every Sony exclusive. They air them as commercials. There's plenty of gameplay already out, these are just another part of the marketing campaign.
I know but I honestly don't see what CGI does, that live footage doesn't. The more game graphics become better the more I feel CGI doesn't have the same impact.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely feels like a pure ad. Those who have been following the game won't learn anything new by watching this. Love the atmosphere though.

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

It being CGI means it can easily be outsourced and Sucker Punch can focus on the game. And as good as the game looks it still doesn't look CGI good and it would probably be very hard to do those scene transitions.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Yeah this is designed to be cut down a little and played on mainstream TV. It ain't meant for us forum goers lol

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
I know but I honestly don't see what CGI does, that live footage doesn't. The more game graphics become better the more I feel CGI doesn't have the same impact.
This trailer is not for the hardcore gamer. These are TV ads to interest the millions of people who maybe buy 3-4 games a year. They have to market to everyone.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
jinedbe7d904111e86a.gif

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Man, I really love these CGI trailers close to release for Sony First Party games.

They are always great.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, that was great! Since this is CG, I imagine this was the TV ad, similarly to TLOU2, Uncharted, Spiderman, GoW, Days Gone, etc.

Sony has absolutely nailed their ads this gen.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Sucker Punch should make regular facemasks with Jin's mask drawing in the front.

Maybe it'll sell well in this Covid era, lol.

Or just put them on special edition along with the game.

Nov 8, 2017
This is the first time I can recall them saying to like a tweet to get more updates in the future. Does this mean they send a DM to your account or what? I can't wait to play this.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Don't like CGI trailers as announcements and nothing else to go by... but these release ones? I enjoy.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
You can take this statement (tales from innards) to the bank:

In 7 year's time, we shall have "in-engine" footage from well funded AAA titles, esp. exclusives, which will resemble that trailer's fidelity.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Do they contract out a company to make these CGI trailers because damn they're good for what they are.

ADS

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this game is punishingly hard. I'm going to be really disappointed if it's your standard easy-breezy 3rd person action game.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Love prerendered trailers and miss the days of pseudo prerendered gameplay. I know gamers absolutely hate them, but it establishes a visual target to shoot for and expands on what more we can do as technology progresses.

Like its hard to imagine Last of Us part 2 looking any better, then you see the CG trailer and see what areas we still can improve.