• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
BRUH

SAC is one of the best animes ever!

Definitely looking forward to this.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
That's a huge grab. Funimation left their Crunchyroll alliance too soon.

Glad there will be more GitS, but fuck I wish it was coming to Toonami

giphy.gif

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, it feels like we're entering into a new golden age of anime like back in the early 2000s when American co-productions were rampant.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mmm, gimme that inner political power struggle and slow burn investigations and Director of Interior Ministry Security Secretaries of Foreign Affairs.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Would've preferred Toonami funding this since they own the broadcast rights to the first two seasons in the US, but okay I guess. Also hoping for something closer to S1 than 2nd Gig plot-wise.
I just remembered Origa died.

Damn
It really won't be the same without her, even if Kanno's composing again.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. Love seeing Netflix going all in with these revivals like Baki, Devilman, and now Ghost in the Shell. Now we wait for Berserk.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yesss. Now if they could just scrap the live action Bebop show and get the original team together for a new season of the anime.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Hell yeah. I'm down. Never have checked out the other one that was recently released. Where she's younger?

Either way I'm in for more SAC.
9VJkB.png

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
PLEASE DON'T BE 3D CG

A new SAC anime without continuing with the SAC artstyle really sucks unless the art isn't indicative at all of the art direction they are going for.

There goes my hope for a GitS with an artstyle close to Shirow Masamune's

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
Help, I'm scared. I just want it to be good.

Hang on, they've done CG work too haen't they.

I won't let myself get excited until I know it's not CG and Kanno is on board.
PLEASE DON'T BE 3D CG

A new SAC anime without continuing with the SAC artstyle really sucks unless the art isn't indicative at all of the art direction they are going for.

There goes my hope for a GitS with an artstyle close to Shirow Masamune's

What do you think Shinji Aramaki is there for? This is undoubtedly CG.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017

Joking aside, anyone else fearing they might be spreading themselves too thin?

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
some of y'all have the weirdest allergy to 3d CGI. I thout y'all liked gits:sac and that's loaded with it.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
FUCK YES! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

GitS is a defining part of my childhood. A lot of my interests today are a direct result of watching this show as a 10 year old. I love it more than words can convey. Hell, even my nick is partially influenced by the show (the other parts being Starcraft and taking German in High School), and if I could choose my own user tag it would be "In The Shell".

2020 seems like a long wait, but I have faith Kamiyama will deliver on what the previous couple attempts have failed at. Now I think I'll indulge in my sudden desire to rewatch both seasons(and movie) of SAC.
2KjCX3Z.gif

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Be interesting to see where they go with this, title implies it'll take place eleven years after the events of Solid State Society. There's plenty to explore in the SAC timeline/universe, especially with SSS wrapping things with that iconic comment from Kusanagi. If anything, I'll mostly be concerned with 2045 retroactively screwing with past concepts/events like The Legend of Korra. Or, just failing to live up to very high exceptions to be honest. It's SAC after all.

But, honestly I don't think anyone can come close to following up on the brilliance of SAC. It arrived with a massive animation budget, using 3D cel-shading that's rarely been bettered since, phenomenal VA casts, and music that won't be the same without Origa.