• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I encourage everyone to install ad blocks on mobile and don't uninstall them/whitelist Resetera until the staff has ensured they've switched ad providers. This provider has been garbage for years and staff here still resort to the "just report the ad to us so we can report it to them!" line instead of fixing the root issue, which is actually switching ad providers.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
This has been an issue for like 6 months now. It calms down for a little bit then just pops back up. I hate using an ad-block but it's becoming a necessity.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Real talk, this is why I don't visit resetera on my phone. It's always been bad

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised they haven't locked this thread and told you to keep it in the ad reporting thread that rarely gets an admin response.

Jebral

Oct 29, 2017
I'm on Android and I've turned off java script and that has kept it under control.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised they haven't locked this thread and told you to keep it in the ad reporting thread that rarely gets an admin response.

I mean nobody of them even posts in here. It's like it's a non issue, but it's a big one. people in that thread also posted about that there and nothing changed.

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
I run chrome with no add-ons on my phone and firefox with ublock origin. I haven't seent he pops on chrome, though admittedly I use firefox more. Have any of you guys tried PM'ing a mod?

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I run chrome with no add-ons on my phone and firefox with ublock origin. I haven't seent he pops on chrome, though admittedly I use firefox more. Have any of you guys tried PM'ing a mod?
There's an entire thread on it under the Announcements subforum. It's a known issue. These pop-ups are like herpes, they'll go away for a while but there are occasional flare ups where you'll get an ad every 5 minutes. No exaggeration.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is someone higher up going to ever respond to this or are they ok with everyone just using ad blockers?

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
There's an entire thread on it under the Announcements subforum. It's a known issue. These pop-ups are like herpes, they'll go away for a while but there are occasional flare ups where you'll get an ad every 5 minutes. No exaggeration.
I know it isn't a fix so much as a workaround, but firefox with ublock orgin is SUBLIME on mobile.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only have this problem with ResetEra.

No other sites that I visit.

Really makes you think.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
I started using the adblock browser on my phone because I kept getting browser hijacked.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is getting unacceptable Cerium

I can't browse the more popular threads more than 2 minutes at times without this garbage popping up.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Yep, this happens all the time for me, multiple times a day. Only resetera. It's infuriating.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I say this all the time when these threads pop up, but I never experience this bullshit on any other website on the internet. Why can't the people who buy ads for this website just not fuck around? Is it really that hard to not have non-scummy ads?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have the same problem with just Restetera on iOS Chrome.

I just gave up browsing this site on mobile.

Svearik

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta
Posting in the dedicated ad reporting thread seems pointless when this has been an issue for months. It does come and go but it's a bad look for the site. It feels like whoever setup the site just setup the shittiest ad network to get the most money.

Just having an admin or someone acknowledge the issue and that they are looking into it would go a long way.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow a thread complain about ads that didn't get locked within 10 minutes telling everyone to go to the pinned thread to complain?

These threads pop up frequently, and I've even created one in the past.

These ads fucking suck. Lets hope they actually get fixed.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Happens on my android phone with chrome whenever I leave my own network with the pihole connected.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Is someone higher up going to ever respond to this or are they ok with everyone just using ad blockers?
We've updated on the issue a few times this week in various threads -- it's a lot easier when reports are concentrated in the Ad Reporting Thread.

Towards the end of the year this tends to be a problem on any ad supported site, but our ad agency is monitoring the aforementioned thread and those reports are being used to stamp out the bad ads as they crop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.