• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I own a 1000 (which I'm in the process of trying to sell) and have a 2000 due in a couple of days. I used my friend's 2000 and love the lighter/smaller form factor. The Aqua Blue with the matte finish is fantastic. I can't wait for it to arrive. The screen is definitely a downgrade but it's not that much of a deal for me as the 2000 screen still looks good.

Oct 25, 2017
i have both 1000 and 2000 and the replies honestly shock me. i prefer the 1000 in every way games look phenomenal on it. only thing i dislike is the charger and the extra weight

Neophy

Dec 6, 2018
I would like to recommend a grip, I have the 2000, and play daily, but when I play for long periods, like more than 1 hour, the hands start to hurt, so I bought a grip and that fixed the problem. It's a Hori grip with extra L2 and R2 buttons (imported from Amazon Japan). Btw there is a Homebrew app that let's you arrange the buttons actions whatever way you like for remote play if you have a ps4, and that makes the grip even more useful.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I got a 2000 for Christmas and I love it so much more than the 1000, it's so much sleeker and you don't need to bother with a dumb cable. And the battery seems to last way longer, though I think the battery on my old one was pretty shot. I haven't really noticed the downgrade on the screen, it still looks great.

I am absolutely loving it in 2020, though I have it quite decked out with emulators and homebrew at this point.

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm I have a PSP but it's been sitting in a corner for over a year. How does PSP games look and run on Vita? Is Adrenaline an emulator or do PSP games run natively like how PS1 games ran on Popsloader? Is the image of PSP games "authentic" when uprezzed to the Vita screen? Dithering is essential in the PSP aesthetic.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I have a PSP but it's been sitting in a corner for over a year. How does PSP games look and run on Vita? Is Adrenaline an emulator or do PSP games run natively like how PS1 games ran on Popsloader? Is the image of PSP games "authentic" when uprezzed to the Vita screen? Dithering is essential in the PSP aesthetic.
They look great, it looks authentic, Vita is double the width and double the height screen wise

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Gotta throw in a vote for the original Vita model because of that absolutely gorgeous and luxurious-feeling OLED screen, but I've heard they don't hold up well over time so unless you can turn one on to verify, I'd go with the also-great 2000 model. Can't go wrong either way, the Vita is a great little machine.

As for games, depending on your tastes...

- Persona 4 Golden
- Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
- Mega Man: Powered Up
- Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X
- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f and/or f 2nd
- DJMAX anything
- SoundShapes
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss

...just to name a few.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow. I've hacked my Vita long ago but for one reason or another this thread just had me looking into making use of my L2/R2 1000 grip case. I'd bought it ages ago for a pretty expensive price and after receiving it I was pretty disappointed. I was hoping it would make remote play more intuitive but quickly found out Sony had mapped a lot of the DS4 buttons to the front Vita screen, thus making the L2/R2 grip pretty useless for a lot of remote play gaming.

Well thanks to this thread and having a google I've just found a fix, a suprx file that remaps said buttons to the Vita's back touch pad, et viola remote play and my L2/R2 grip is back in action. Just had a quick go with Days Gone on my Vita and it's perfect.

So, so pleased that I finally get to use said grip and remote play the way I'd envisioned.
As much as I love remote play, getting my Vita to hold a good wifi signal is just impossible unless I guess I'm sitting in the same room as my PS4 and router. Just too much artifacting and lag to make it usable.

I'm glad an official remote play app was released on other platforms like ios

OP
OP
starblue

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
I've been keep looking for a good offer and good ps vita 2000 all the week, but was impossible to find any good in Fukuoka. I tried book off in tenjin and hakata st but...only 1 or 2 vita, with no box, few scratches and 100$ price, which is a lot. I will try next time in Tokyo.

I ended up picking a Switch lite with the ZELDA Botw.

Iu5z0Sp.jpg

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
As much as I loved my OG Vita, I am going to say no this time.
Unless you really love P4G and Vanillaware... there just isn't enough games that is unique to the platform to warrant the purchase now.

If you must, please go for the 2000. The OLED on OG isn't as ground breaking as it sounds, on the other hand the 2000 has MUCH better form factor.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I love love love my 1000. I just charge via usb and P4G on that screen is pretty glorious.

Slap in SDVita and PSP emulation and you've got access to a pretty damn good library.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
The PS Vita was the Game Gear of last gen : an underrated beast, overlooked for many good reasons but full of gems and way ahead of its time. You got yourself a piece of History OP, also the white 2000 is sleeeeeek. I have a Vita 1000 and I'm seriously considering treating myself and getting a 2000 as well. The Switch lite is a good successor though, and when it's fully hackable, it will be the new Vita. Except, you know, successful.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
It's basically a Persona 4 Golden machine as far as I'm concerned. And that's totally fine because it's an incredible game.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
I just bought one myself on my trip to Japan! I already have the old fat model which i play my physical games with.

But I wanted to get the slim 2000 model while its cheap as a backup and to mess around with homebrew. Got one used in flawless pristine condition from Book-off in Akihabara for 14000 yen. A bit pricier but the condition is basically new.

I was surprised at how easy it is to install homebrew. I'm using it as a portable ps1 machine, as well as to play psp and gameboy advance games.

Now i only want the R2/L2 buttons accessory to play ps1 games better without using the touchscreens.

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Finally I got the PS Vita 2000 for only 70$

MMBfHYa.jpg

CfmusZd.jpg

Time to get the games !

Congrats! I still regularly play on my Vita 2000, love it to bits.

May I also recommend Trails in the Sky / Trails of Cold Steel if you're into JRPGs? They're amazing games.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely worth it and be sure to put CFW on it. Mine's gotten a second lease on life by streaming games to it through Moonlight.

OP
OP
starblue

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a good and still easily available 2000 L2 R2 grip?

I think the Hori one, but is expensive for what it is.

Im trying now the RESOGUN, since I don't have memory stick and no physical games. Im surprised to see in my download list God Eater resurrection and Trails of Cold Steel. Maybe is from the PS Plus.

This weekend I will go to book off and I will buy Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta and Killzone if they have (it's kinda rare here)

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Hori one, but is expensive for what it is.

Im trying now the RESOGUN, since I don't have memory stick and no physical games. Im surprised to see in my download list God Eater resurrection and Trails of Cold Steel. Maybe is from the PS Plus.

This weekend I will go to book off and I will buy Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta and Killzone if they have (it's kinda rare here)

Hmm thanks I'll look it up!

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I'm from Europe but I'm currently living in Japan because my wife is Japanese, I've been looking a lot of game stores (mainly book off and surugaya) and I'm planning to get a Ps vita for few reasons: price and games.

Usually here you can find used PS Vita around 9.000 yen (70-90 $)(depends on where you live, I live in Hakata, Fukuoka) and games... from 200 yen to up to 6.000 depends on what game. It's amazing that games like Soul Sacrifice cost like 3$ used so since I never had a Ps vita and the prices are so low...I'm really excited to get a Ps vita.

But I have few questions:

Is it worth it the model 2000 ? Screen is worst but it has usb connector and is newer, so I won't have any problem with oled burning (or is that a myth?)
What games should buy ?
Any model worth to look for in Japan ? Here there are a lot of colors and special editions and I'm looking forward for the dragon quest silver version.

I don't have any game system now, all are in my house in Europe so I want to play games so much now, that's another reason I want to buy so bad. I left my switch in Europe by mistake and now I regret a lot.

Thank you for you help !
Dear OP.

Please get it. I have a Vita 2000. It's lovely. Vita will be worth it whichever year you buy. Vita means life.

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
Its a great console.
A I'm playing Darkest dungeon on it (although its a crossbuy with PS4) and loving it.

Deleted member 52065

Jan 16, 2019
I think the Vita is the best piece of gaming hardware from a design point of view. Its form factor allowed for so many different types of games to be played well on a handheld.

Maxpower45

Jul 6, 2019
I still use my vita 1000 when I got from Christmas please pick persona 4 golden and dancing all night there are amazing!!!!! I have beat Persona 4 golden 6 times and I still love it.
Now thinking of getting the 2000 anyone know where to get a cheap one?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
The Vita will literally never be a bad idea as a purchase IMO (as long as there are games accessible on the digital store, I suspect physical will be hard to find for Vita soon), as there's no viable way to play many of those games on another console (some on PS TV but many there are no interface options), and emulation will never be 100% viable for the same reason. It's also just a totally unique system - games like Tearaway and Killzone Mercenary are one of a kind - and sometimes they just completely nailed the quintessential portable experience.

It's also a PSP and plays many PS1 games so... yeah, honestly they're just awesome little units.

OP
OP
starblue

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, great price. Is that a used one? I'm curious about the condition of used Vitas from Japan. I feel like buying a second 2000 model as a backup and want to get import from JPN.

Yes! That one is from hard-off. The condition is good, only few scratches and dirty (specially the sticks), also a little bit of pink color on the back (but you have to look closer).

In japan when you buy used consoles they always tell you what's wrong or if it's in perfect condition.

I bought mine here: https://netmall.hardoff.co.jp/cate/00010012000100020002/

As you can see they have a lot with different price range (sometimes there is no sense on the pricing, mine was really cheap including all...)

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Other than some squeaky buttons when pressed at certain angles mine arrived in pristine condition.
Yes! That one is from hard-off. The condition is good, only few scratches and dirty (specially the sticks), also a little bit of pink color on the back (but you have to look closer).

In japan when you buy used consoles they always tell you what's wrong or if it's in perfect condition.

I bought mine here: https://netmall.hardoff.co.jp/cate/00010012000100020002/

As you can see they have a lot with different price range (sometimes there is no sense on the pricing, mine was really cheap including all...)
Thanks guys. Have fun with your Vitas.

OP
OP
starblue

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
Got my first games finally

oRECqPT.jpg

Im waiting for:

Dragons Crown
Resistance Burning Skies
Tearaway
Feedom Wars
Final Fantasy X + X-2 HD Pack
Earth Defences Force Portable V2
Minecraft Vita (lol)
Dragon Quest Builders
Memory 16Gb

This I will get next week.

I have already:

Persona 4 Golden
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Gravity Rush
Little big planet

I need some shooters so I will start with Killzone mercenary and after that the Tokyo Xanadu.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Btw Motorstorm RC and the OlliOlli (2D skateboarding) games are also fantastic on Vita. Tearaway a joy to play and Wipeout is a quality game too. Also, Spelunky, Lumines, Puyo Puyo Tetris and maybe Katamari and Luftrausers too. PSASBR is actually quite fun as well, on Vita it's great title to have imo.