• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
The game can freak out when using it on LASO since some enemies just get sent flying and don't die which can soft lock progression. Had that happen a few times in the beam towers mission. Checkpoints also weren't happening for awhile due to this.

Sucks that it's gone. Glad I did LASO asap.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh well. Missed a few skulls on the first pass since I don't like going through a game the first time staring at a guide. Not gonna do it twice in a week for sure. I got the standard Legendary run the "real" way and that's good enough.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I trudged through the intro Warship level, then I started the second Foundation level. About ten minutes into the level my game crashed, wiping my checkpoint, now whenever I continue, I'm at the beginning of the level, and the entire game crashes after about ten seconds of play. Every single time without fail.

What the fuck, man. LASO save file bricked after I fought tooth and nail through the intro? I have literally never had crashing issues with this game until right now. That file crashes every time. I wanna rip my hair out. WTF?!

Blargg

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Lava Stream
Never done LASO before in any Halo (just Legendary) but decided to give this a shot before the patch, ended up having a lot of fun with it thanks to the Scorpion Gun.

Boom skull + Cowbell skull + Scorpion gun makes for some hilarious physics. Sends Brutes and Elites absolutely FLYING.

Hunters being heavy sumbitches don't fly as far but that just makes them easier targets for juggling around.

Shame they're gonna remove the gun, it's fun to mess around with.

Okay so I trudged through the intro Warship level, then I started the second Foundation level. About ten minutes into the level my game crashed, wiping my checkpoint, now whenever I continue, I'm at the beginning of the level, and the entire game crashes after about ten seconds of play. Every single time without fail.

What the fuck, man. LASO save file bricked after I fought tooth and nail through the intro? I have literally never had crashing issues with this game until right now. That file crashes every time. I wanna rip my hair out. WTF?!
That really sucks. I had a random crash early on when coming up to The Tower. Immediately thought of your post and feared for the worst but thankfully that was the only crash I encountered.

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
They should give it a silly model and add it as an extra skull for beating LASO or something, it's too much fun to just remove

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That really sucks. I had a random crash early on when coming up to The Tower. Immediately thought of your post and feared for the worst but thankfully that was the only crash I encountered.
I managed to finish the playthrough. I completely uninstalled the game from my SSD and reinstalled it to my HDD. That let the Foundation level function, and the playthrough was smooth.

Up until The Road. Then I got a new issue where the game would constantly freeze, but not crash. Like the game was still functioning, I could hear my shots, but the presentation would freeze every few seconds. Alt tabbing out would unfreeze it. But obviously I can't play while having to do that every ten seconds. Then I uninstalled from the HDD and reinstalled to the SSD again and I was finally able to play through to the end.

PC port's been relatively fine for me outside of being unreasonably demanding, but these playthrough issues were fucking infuriating.

Got my achievement though so whatever. Glad to get my cheese in before LASO becomes hell after May.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I should go back and finish my LASO run then. I started and only went maybe halfway through before I set it down because it was right on the back of my initial 20ish hour 100% normal playthrough.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Really stupid decision. It's a fun thing in a game that's about exploring an open world with a fun sandbox. 343 really doesn't think things through.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
FWIW... The tank gun doesn't appear until the 3rd mission of the campaign. And if you can clear the first 2 missions on LASO without it, you can do the rest no prob. Infinite rocket launcher ammo + Infinite Grappleshot/thruster is no joke.

Still don't think they should have removed it, but don't stress too hard if you want that LASO achievement

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the mission where take out the 3 artillery guns so I have a little under halfway left. Actually had to restart once because I accidently swapped the tank gun and couldn't find it.

Outside of the first two missions it's not too bad, and even then spamming disruptor grenades helps a lot in the beginning. You just have to beeline the main missions and skip a lot of the open world side fluff.

RoslindaleOne

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone wants to get this achievement as fast and easy as possible, check out Halo Completionist Videos on Youtube. Just got the Laso achievement skipping half the missions in campaign using the tank gun thanks to him. Took me less than 3 hours to do it.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah weird to call it a glitch, clearly an intended easter egg.
Glad I beat LASO with it as I'd likely never do it without it. Don't know why they care so much to remove it. Want to keep the "prestige" of the achievement?

EDIT: Hmm well if splitscreen issue is true, could explain it. Still a shame to lose it entirely.