• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I get that they're trying to be hip, but using a children's game as a political campaign tactic is really awful stuff.
More kids will see Biden ads in neighborhood lawns than they ever will in the game. This is clearly aimed at adults who play Animal Crossing, of which there are likely millions.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I never said I don't think it's possible for her to have lied, I said I believe her.

People often miss a ton of details in cases where they have to think back to decades before in order to establish context surrounding abuse. If you look at a ton of situations/cases that involve abuse, including Micheal Jackson's accusers, for example, you could make very similar arguments, and many on this site have deliberately done that with intent to frame victims as liars. I don't think she has much to gain by deliberately lying about verifiable things. It's far more likely that she misremembered than some grand scheme to set Biden up and ruin her life to stop Biden from becoming president. Not saying that's what you meant, but it's what many have suggested/implied.

I've read those reports about her degree. Like I said, the context surrounding it is strange -- but if it's so cut and dry, why do we still not have any conclusion? Why did we learn nothing about what happened with her degree, how she was admitted? Why did we learn nothing about the SA cases she was involved with, or even if she officially lied under oath? If it's so simple, we should have these answers, months and months later.

Instead, many people here have simply jumped to the worst conclusions, siding Reade, that swiftly brush her aside in favor of political convenience. And as I've said a billion times in this thread, even if she did commit a crime/crimes and faked a degree, you can fuck up and still be raped. That's not the silver bullet many want it to be to shelve Reade for good.

Even the complaint itself, I don't believe we have any closure on whether it exists. I also don't see anyone clamoring for Biden to open up his files to be searched for only Tara Reade's name, something that would immediately help him if there is no evidence that works in her favor.

Again, the things you have outlined are inconclusive, but ask yourself.. why do so many more people default to supporting Biden over Reade?
You are jumping to a shitload of conclusions to make your point. Many of us did not dismiss her allegations off the bat, but as more holes appeared in her story, it became much harder to give her the benefit of the doubt. And you're being very disingenuous claiming none of the inconsistencies had to do with the actual accusation.

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Even though I'll be voting Democrat regardless Biden and Kamala aren't exactly the type of people who I feel great about openly supporting. I don't want signs for a rapist in my yard.

it's really cool how you have to choose from two sex pests to be the most powerful person in the world

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
User banned (1 week): Drive-by, bad faith trolling, misrepresenting another member in order to attack them
You are jumping to a shitload of conclusions to make your point. Many of us did not dismiss her allegations off the bat, but as more holes appeared in her story, it became much harder to give her the benefit of the doubt. And you're being very disingenuous claiming none of the inconsistencies had to do with the actual accusation.

ResetEra: Believe Women (unless they are accusing my guy of something)

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm just commenting on what I see posted on this forum. The vast majority of support, according to the content here, is in support of Biden rather than the other way around. Overwhelmingly. There are almost no more posts in support of Reade, that's not jumping to conclusions lol.

If you're talking about inconsistencies surrounding her memory of the accusations, it's very common that victims misremember crucial details, often in ways that don't seem to form logical situations. Ford encountered the same thing and was trashed for it, by republicans. Similarly, democrats tore apart every part of her story from building layouts to how unlikely she could be raped in the underwear she described. Many of these repulsive takes were repeated on this very forum.

There is still content in this thread that remains unactioned, in which she is literally called a Russian puppet.

There were plenty of people who defaulted to not believing Reade even from the beginning.

It's really not hard to make my point because it's so damn obvious why things happen the way they are. It's politically motivated. Unless you actually think if we were talking about a prominent republican we'd be seeing the same takes.

We wouldn't be.

Last edited:

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Someone post the Obama ads in Burnout Paradise
2286207-burnoutobama800_screen.jpg

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Nothing against Biden, but this is the most 'fellow kids' thing I have seen in a while. I know a lot of voting adults play the game, but it seems to miss the point that people play Animal Crossing to get away from everything and just have a chill out time.
AC is like the dumbest example you could have used, like pretty sure the majority of the player base is over 20

Last edited:

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There's no problem with this at all. The people saying "Ew no can we not" are really weird.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
AC is like the dumbest example you can take, like pretty sure the majority of the player base is over 20

I'm a teacher. My partner teacher last year is in her 50s and hadn't touched video games in something like 20+ years. She picked up a Switch and AC in the spring because why not, nothing else was going on, and now has somewhere around 400 hours on it. It was phenomenon among the staff this summer. I'm sure we're not an isolated case either.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Personally, I'd prefer to keep politics out of things like games.
This is ridiculous, everything has politics, a lot of the most popular games have politics in them as it's main theme like Metal Gear, Final Fantasy VII, Bioshock, The Witcher 3, etc

Last edited:

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Our democracy is at stake. Our country can't survive another 4 years of Trump. So if putting up these signs convinces even a few people to vote it's worth it. Unfortunately I don't have the game or I would lol

And no, Biden is not a rapist.

This. If Animal Crossing is a successful means by which the Biden/Harris campaign can reach even a small number of apathetic young voters, then great. There could not possibly be more on the line with this election. The US and any notions of freedom or democracy within its borders are toast -- perhaps forever -- if Trump doesn't get booted in November (and hopefully imprisoned in January, but I'll take what I can get).

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just commenting on what I see posted on this forum. The vast majority of support, according to the content here, is in support of Biden rather than the other way around. Overwhelmingly. There are almost no more posts in support of Reade, that's not jumping to conclusions lol.

If you're talking about inconsistencies surrounding her memory of the accusations, it's very common that victims misremember crucial details, often in ways that don't seem to form logical situations. Ford encountered the same thing and was trashed for it, by republicans. Similarly, democrats tore apart every part of her story from building layouts to how unlikely she could be raped in the underwear she described. Many of these repulsive takes were repeated on this very forum.

There is still content in this thread that remains unactioned, in which she is literally called a Russian puppet.

There were plenty of people who defaulted to not believing Reade even from the beginning.

It's really not hard to make my point because it's so damn obvious why things happen the way they are. It's politically motivated. Unless you actually think if we were talking about a prominent republican we'd be seeing the same takes.

We wouldn't be.
Go revisit the threads when the accusation first came to light. You're not wrong that there were posters jumping on anybody believing her, but you'll also notice it's a fucking graveyard because of that. Now you're dealing with the second poster quoting you saying they were giving her the benefit of the doubt until more info came in. If you have an issue with a poster, quote them instead of making generalizations about anybody who does not currently believe Reade.
Honestly, I don't want to rehash the whole argument. I participated in those 50+ page threads and if you want to have at it, I suggest posting there.
I will say that everybody has their life experiences color their views. Your experience with abuse likely colors your view just as my experience dating a pathological liar who once told a friend I'd raped her probably colors mine. 🤷‍♂️
People very close to me have been abused and their stories have changed as time goes on, so I'm aware of what you're talking about. I'm not discounting that. But you shouldn't use that as a bludgeon to wave away any and all inconsistencies to the point where you literally will not allow somebody to come to a different conclusion.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Go revisit the threads when the accusation first came to light. You're not wrong that there were posters jumping on anybody believing her, but you'll also notice it's a fucking graveyard because of that. Now you're dealing with the second poster quoting you saying they were giving her the benefit of the doubt until more info came in. If you have an issue with a poster, quote them instead of making generalizations about anybody who does not currently believe Reade.
Honestly, I don't want to rehash the whole argument. I participated in those 50+ page threads and if you want to have at it, I suggest posting there.
I will say that everybody has their life experiences color their views. Your experience with abuse likely colors your view just as my experience dating a pathological liar who once told a friend I'd raped her probably colors mine. 🤷‍♂️
People very close to me have been abused and their stories have changed as time goes on, so I'm aware of what you're talking about. I'm not discounting that. But you shouldn't use that as a bludgeon to wave away any and all inconsistencies to the point where you literally will not allow somebody to come to a different conclusion.
Edit: In regard to the Russian puppet post, I already reported it. But it's not even close to being the first time this narrative has been pushed on ERA, it was parroted even by "prominent" posters.

I don't want to "have at it", I want to voice my support for someone I believe was raped by Joe Biden. I understand there are more than two people on this forum who "gave her the benefit of the doubt".

I'm not using shit as a bludgeon, and frankly, you don't know what it's like to be abused unless it happened to you, so unless that's the case, I'd suggest abandoning the direction you're going in. You're venturing into ignorance.

You have yet to even share what you mean about "inconsistencies", and the insinuation that Reade is a pathological liar is baseless and disgusting. Also, another tactic people often use to smear victims.

It's very clear from the bolded that you're not even reading my responses and posting nonsense, so let me quote what I said on the other page to you:
I believe Tara Reade. You can believe whoever you want, no one is stopping you.

Last edited:

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
These signs are neat. This thread and the casting of doubt and digs at Biden+Harris is depressing bullshit.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
This is ridiculous, everything has politics, a lot of the most popular games have politics in them as it's main theme, like Metal Gear, Final Fantasy VII, Bioshock, The Witcher 3, etc
Seriously, it's like gaming's version of "keep government out of my medicare!" Pathetic.
Good thing you don't need to put it in the game then.

Just to clarify, I was referring more to keeping politics based on non-fiction out of games, which is the case in Animal Crossing. I appreciate that lots of games cover politics in some way, and I in fact enjoyed all of the games Roliq mentioned, but this particular instance with Animal Crossing just feels different.

Anyway, its just my opinion. I won't post further because some of the responses I've gotten feel aggressive for whatever reason.

Aug 10, 2019
Maybe if they stopped wasting time pandering to America's youth and actually fucking listened them, their poll numbers would reflect that. Nobody cares about stupid shit like this.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if they stopped wasting time pandering to America's youth and actually fucking listened them, their poll numbers would reflect that. Nobody cares about stupid shit like this.
A random campaign worker taking 10 minutes to make some signs and qr codes doesn't affect anything, calm down. Also, their poll numbers are looking pretty damn good.

Sota4077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Until you know, Republicans starts doing it.

Who gives a shit if they do? Who gives a shit if Democrats do? If you go into a game and see something you don't like on an island you go to just leave and move on with your day. Sometimes it is as easy as that.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Can't wait for the official trump villager!! lmao

Nintendo won't accept any content about Trump. He has a bad reputation for a reason.

The signs are harmless, whatever

However the posts about Tara Reade in this thread are disgusting, but unsurprising. I see that people feel that it's cool to straight up lie and gaslight about her past and return to Russian conspiracy theories about her being a Putin stooge.

If someone's made mistakes, had unpopular opinions, done bad things, or even committed crimes (which is still a completely unknown/unresolved situation), suddenly they cannot be victimized or raped.

Great example of why many people don't come forward. Shameful garbage.

Tara lost credibility a while ago.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Just to clarify, I was referring more to keeping politics based on non-fiction out of games, which is the case in Animal Crossing. I appreciate that lots of games cover politics in some way, and I in fact enjoyed all of the games Roliq mentioned, but this particular instance with Animal Crossing just feels different.

Anyway, its just my opinion. I won't post further because some of the responses I've gotten feel aggressive for whatever reason.
Sorry for being aggressive, is just that "keep politics out of games" is always used by alt-right assholes (which is their way of saying "keep politics i don't like out of games") while somehow loving games like the ones used above

But still, the thing here it's that these signs are done using the tools given by the game so this is no different from sharing your custom designs, plus is not like you are being forced to use them

Last edited:

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
lmao at supposedly leftist site resetera being interested in biden as anything but an unfortunately necessary evil

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Lying about her education/qualifications and their direct affect on cases she was an expert witness for isn't up for debate. It's a fact. It isn't a matter of belief or disbelief. She claimed the chancellor gave her a secret degree. The chancellor immediately denounced that as false.

In fact, not a single employee &/or secretary who used to be under Biden has said anything negative about him, nor have they ever experienced sexual assault from Biden or could even corroborate Tara's story. That's very telling.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
In fact, not a single employee &/or secretary who used to be under Biden has said anything negative about him, nor have they ever experienced sexual assault from Biden or could even corroborate Tara's story. That's very telling.
Just 7 other women who accused Biden of misconduct. Also Reade's accusation of rape was corroborated by multiple people over the span of years, even outside of her family

Aug 10, 2019
Their up over +9 % overall....
Clinton was up 12% at the same time 4 years ago. Not all polls have Biden wining, he doesn't have the young vote, he doesn't have the progressive vote and he's lost a large portion of the African American vote. The man is more likely to crap his pants than make a coherent sentence, and where it not for the fact that so many people hate Trump with a passion, Biden wouldn't even be a contender.

Aug 10, 2019
They're leading in the polls. And if Americas youth voted, maybe candidates would start listening to them more.
That's the opposite way of of how they should be thinking. America's youth was happy to vote for Sanders, because he was talking about legalizing marijuana, Medicare for all and removing student debt. What are Biden's policies? Why should the youth of America listen to him? What is he offering them in exchange for their vote?

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, already posted about this. Her accusations are not "debunked".
She is not credible. Believe whatever you want, I guess.

That's the opposite way of of how they should be thinking. America's youth was happy to vote for Sanders, because he was talking about legalizing marijuana, Medicare for all and removing student debt. What are Biden's policies? Why should the youth of America listen to him? What is he offering them in exchange for their vote?
Higher federal minimum wage, environmental protections, tax raising on marginal income over 400k/year, free community college, quadruple spending on low housing assistance funds, eliminating caps on green card issuances?

Every time someone says this shit it's just like you couldn't even be bothered to read a single thing about the candidates you're presumably supporting or denouncing.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Clinton was up 12% at the same time 4 years ago. Not all polls have Biden wining, he doesn't have the young vote, he doesn't have the progressive vote and he's lost a large portion of the African American vote. The man is more likely to crap his pants than make a coherent sentence, and where it not for the fact that so many people hate Trump with a passion, Biden wouldn't even be a contender.
All the polls have been adjusted this time around with better weighting. Again claiming they need to do better isn't the case here they are doing better than hillary by actually going where voters are. This is one of those things. None of these things you are saying make any sense. None of it is true.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
All the polls have been adjusted this time around with better weighting. Again claiming they need to do better isn't the case here they are doing better than hillary by actually going where voters are. This is one of those things. None of these things you are saying make any sense. None of it is true.
Also fails to take into account Clinton rarely was hitting 50% and it was much more unstable in general where multiple times by now Trump was in striking distance.

But a good chunk of that post was MAGA/Trump talking points so I'm sure they have little interest in actually comparing the two polling situations.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017

on september 1, 2016, clinton was up 4%
all polls have biden winning (he's up by 7%).
biden just gave a 20 minute speech yesterday about violence in trump's america.

where are you getting your information