• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Just bought one after all the reccomendations in here. I'm glad its cheaper (and apparently better) than most of the ugly gaming chairs out there

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I got the Dexley chair, but the mesh seat is pretty hard, and it makes my butt numb after a while lol. Anyone know of any good seat cushions they could recommend?
I've been liking it a lot. But I agree, it either needs a lower back cushion and/or a butt cushion. I'd look into a memory foam cushion. I don't have one yet so I don't have a particular recommendation. But budget-wise, $30-$40 is pretty solid for a decent one.

The manual says to tighten up the bolts once a month as an FYI. I haven't used the headrest since it feels a bit loose. Nor have I reclined on it too much.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
"A contoured mesh back channels cool air towards your body for comfort on hot afternoons, while the synchro-tilt automatically adjusts the reclining resistance. The armrests have an adjustable height to deliver customized support, and the integrated lumbar curves along your back, letting you maintain proper posture."

Is mine broken? It literally does not stop reclining when I lean back and feels like it's about to break. I don't think the lock thing works on mine

edit: I can hear a clicking sound like it's trying to lock, but doesn't

Last edited:

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
But where's the padding for my butt?

honestly after buying a secret lab for my wife it's definitely worth the money if you spend a lot of time sitting at a computer desk every day. And it was more than 300$

I've also got a Secret Lab chair, went with the fabric material too as usually the fake leather has a tendency to peel. Not sure how the quality of it is on the SL chairs, so I just went with the safer bet. Was worth the money I feel after having gone through cheap $100-$150 chairs at Staples.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks OP! I got the Dexley over the holidays, which is essentially the Hyken for taller folks. Love it!

"A contoured mesh back channels cool air towards your body for comfort on hot afternoons, while the synchro-tilt automatically adjusts the reclining resistance. The armrests have an adjustable height to deliver customized support, and the integrated lumbar curves along your back, letting you maintain proper posture."

Is mine broken? It literally does not stop reclining when I lean back and feels like it's about to break. I don't think the lock thing works on mine

edit: I can hear a clicking sound like it's trying to lock, but doesn't

There's always a little bit of recline, but sounds like your lock isn't engaging. See if you can return?

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I've had my $300 Maxnomic gaming chair for 6 years and it's still going strong and comfy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Thanks OP! I got the Dexley over the holidays, which is essentially the Hyken for taller folks. Love it!

There's always a little bit of recline, but sounds like your lock isn't engaging. See if you can return?

You have a link for that one? I'm 6'5 and my big and tall chair I have now is meh.

Oct 25, 2017
Been thinking about this chair for a few days and finally caved.

I never had a chair that cost over like $40 so I imagine it will be quite the upgrade.

Sumasshu1

Oct 27, 2017
$20 off coupon code: 17556. Edit: now expired, but be sure to Google for staples coupon codes before ordering. Maybe something else will pop up.

I'm ordering a new chair also.

Last edited:

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
I have it, I like it. It was quite uncomfortable the first couple of days to me though.

krpiper

Oct 28, 2017
I like this chair but I wish the lumbar support was better. Any ideas or suggestions for a pillow or anything like that?

Lizard Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
I have this chair, it's fantastic but you should know if you are 6 feet or taller the headrest will be too short for you.

Dec 31, 2017
I've also got a Secret Lab chair, went with the fabric material too as usually the fake leather has a tendency to peel. Not sure how the quality of it is on the SL chairs, so I just went with the safer bet. Was worth the money I feel after having gone through cheap $100-$150 chairs at Staples.
I have an eblue cobra that a friend gave me after he moved and it's allright, but honestly it's nothing compared to my wife's Secret Lab, nothing compared to it.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
I have an eblue cobra that a friend gave me after he moved and it's allright, but honestly it's nothing compared to my wife's Secret Lab, nothing compared to it.

I was reading up on a ton of reviews about chairs. I've seen people mentioning the better non-gaming chairs, however I don't have that kind of money to drop. The Secret Lab itself was a bit pricey and bit more than I wanted to spend, but seeing as I spend most of my time while at home sitting in a chair, was willing to spend more to get something would hopefully last me a good, long time.

SL was probably the best reviewed in regards to gaming chairs, and I agree. Quite comfortable, seat cushion isn't squishy, but not a solid piece that's hard to sit on. However it didn't come with the bottom pillow, which I should get one of these days. I did however order some memory foam topper pieces that go over the arm rests, which made it a bit better.

Dec 26, 2017
Firelink Shrine
if you spend a lot of time seated at your desk then don't skimp on the chair you use. I have a Herman Miller Aeron and I can't recommend it enough. Obviously it's expensive, but long term back health is so important.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I got it...
Its just that my desk is too tall it doesn't go as high as I need it
The wheels don't spin very well ... they constantly drag on the floor... (I only weigh 155lbs)
The arm rest is not rotatable... they only adjust up and down.

it's ... an okay chair

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's a shame in Australia our chair offers are limited to either pretentious leather chairs from Harvey Norman that offer zero ergonomic support, or Officeworks' "gaming" chairs that are a waste of money for the comfort they give.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Mine came in today, liking it so far.

One thing I had to change was the seat depth. I wanted to sit further back without reclining the back support, so I adjusted the screws underneath to sit on the outside and it gave me a bit more space.

image.png

Orzix

Oct 30, 2017
I got it...
Its just that my desk is too tall it doesn't go as high as I need it
The wheels don't spin very well ... they constantly drag on the floor... (I only weigh 155lbs)
The arm rest is not rotatable... they only adjust up and down.

it's ... an okay chair
About the wheels might be an issue unless your on carpet or something. I have a hard time stopping mine to roll on wood floor.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
About the wheels might be an issue unless your on carpet or something. I have a hard time stopping mine to roll on wood floor.
i'm on concrete with one of those plastic chair mats ... i'ts a friction issue but better wheels would be fine... my last chair rolled fine for example
maybe I need a new mat

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
bought a dexley ; returned it a cpl days later.. its a good chair but it wasnt good for sitting long periods of time. think im just gonna get a herman miller embody eventually when a good deal pops up

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Personally i like to make the product worth it's price. and for a $100 my "gaming" chair has served me well in these last 3 years. No complaints whatsoever. But the chair looks good visually, definitely put it in my wishlist and will be trying it next time i stop at staples. Thanks OP.

biscuit

Oct 31, 2017
9cda019c0c4cdb112ddb2a6deba54f3b.jpg

Have a Herman Miller Sayl and highly recommend. Can replace the seat after it wears down.
Out of all the chairs Ive ever used for extended time, this one fits my back arc the best.
Cost $600, but has lasted me 8 years and still going strong.

Herman Miller Sayl

Quake1028

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm assuming it sometimes goes on sale for $150? It's currently $170.

Also, do you guys with carpets still use chair mats?

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
The Hyken and Dexley are both $125 right now with the coupon code 39338 ($25 off $150 purchase).

Really tempted to get one of these, because my expensive DXRacer is a piece of uncomfortable garbage. Can't decide which, though. Anyone know if the Dexley is too big for ~5'7"? I need the extra room, but I don't want something too tall.

Ninge

ID@Xbox Developer Partner Manager
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone got a good recommendation for a similar chair in the UK?

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Bought a Dexley, arriving Thursday. Hyken looks way too petite. After looking at youtube reviews I think it will do perfectly. Around $130 shipped with next day delivery, and a 7 year warranty... hard to beat that.

In short, if you are under 5'10"ish (6ft tops) and below 160lbs you'd probably be more suited to a Hyken. Otherwise, get the Dexley... unless you are over the weight limit, then you'll have to find something else suitable.

Have an Aeron at work. I mean, it's pretty nice but I'm not gonna pay 3x or more what the Dexley costs (on sale), it's not that much nicer. For my needs, anyway.

Last edited: