• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
I might be getting some extra money from my WFH job to allow me to buy office furniture. A used Aeron seems ideal but I do sometimes enjoy sitting crossed legged or one leg under the other. Definitely need something with a mesh back.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Respectfully, the fact that you wrote this gentle, well-intended and entirely correct missive thinking it might make a difference tells me you don't. :P

Sincerely,
...someone who just realized they are kneeling in a dining room chair right now—and fixed it—but will probably forget and fold one or both legs up midway through dinner 💀

Worth a shot. ;)

I know you've gonna learn the hard way. Don't say you weren't warned!

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Thanks for posting this, OP. I've been thinking about getting a nicer chair, but they're so damn expensive. This one seems to be priced right and folks say it's really good. Think I'm going to buy it!

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
When people recommend chairs, I need them to say their ages... I need to know how much your back is broken like mine because I slept wrong, before I'll consider things.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
This thing used to be $100 a few years ago. I couldn't afford it at the time. I've been waiting for the price to go back down to it ever since.

growler

Oct 26, 2017
This looks pretty good for 150 bucks. Though most full back mesh chairs are going to be better than any "gaming" chair. If you can justify spending another $100-150, you can get a lightly used pre-owned Steelcase Leap v2 or Herman Miller Aeron from an office furniture liquidator, which both blow this staples chair out of the water. Ergonomics are important.
Doesn't look bad for a cheap chair, but agreed if you're in or near a city furniture liquidators are the only way to go if you're on a budget.

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, like the guy sitting in a $1300 chair is going to take chair recommendations from the guy who doesn't make that in four months. COME ON!

You made my night. Thank you 😆

OT: I've read a few chair recommendations from era but I might get this one. There was one like it at office Depot that I liked. Any chance for black Friday sales? Also, if it matters, I'm 6'1 150lbs

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I need a good living room gaming chair. I have a big accent chair but the springs died a year ago and my back hurts from poor posture because of sitting in it. It's hard to find chairs/recliners/etc online though when I can't even test them myself in person due to the pandemic.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I don't use my home office chair much so wouldn't use it there, but strongly considering buying it for work. It takes an act of congress to get a new work chair

Malakai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not big, but I am tall, so this one looks pretty good compared to the one in the OP.

Also has recline.

4cMnmF6.png

I think it is a typo. The grey Hyken have Recline but the other two colors on the chart say it doesn't have Recline.

BaileyBLM

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Thanks OP, my roller on my chair literally broke tonight and I was searching for a deal.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I use to have this chair and the headrest always use to jut out into my shoulders. Had to take it off. I'm not even that tall

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm 6'5" and 320. Would this be suggested?

No. The headerest as mentioned abov sucks ass for tall people. I wouldn't bother with any chair from Staples if you're over 300 anyway, their build quality is not great in general.

I had one of these, was a solid chair but only last a couple years and the headrest was an issue and I'm only like 5'10.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
No. The headerest as mentioned abov sucks ass for tall people. I wouldn't bother with any chair from Staples if you're over 300 anyway, their build quality is not great in general.

I had one of these, was a solid chair but only last a couple years and the headrest was an issue and I'm only like 5'10.
Ah ok. Thanks for the reply!

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Is there an equivalent for the UK, that isn't exorbitantly expensive like the Herman Miller levels of chairs?

I have this chair at work and home, and love it. It runs a little less than an Aeron though still quite expensive (£794 in UK store vs £875 for the Aeron). I was able to get it through my work for about $500 USD because it doubles for my home office and we get some discount, any chance you can do something like that?

Zody » Haworth Store EU & ASIA

logan_cadfgs

Oct 28, 2017
Just got a Herman Miller Aeron for the better half. After spending all that, I'll probably have to settle on the Target chair for my own sitting needs, LOL

jamsy

Oct 27, 2017
I got this coming on Friday and I can't wait.
This actually looks really nice.

I just ordered the Staples chair but I'd love to hear your thoughts on this thing when you get it.

BTW Office Depot is having a sale on their WorkPro 1000 for $125. Haven't tried it out before but it also looks pretty nice?

www.officedepot.com

WorkPro 1000 Series Ergonomic MeshMesh Mid Back Task Chair BlackBlack BIFMA Compliant - Office Depot

Create a custom seating option in your workplace with this WorkPro 1000 Series ergonomic mesh task chair. The adjustable height and armrests deliver personalized support while the mesh back allows for air flow to keep you cool. This WorkPro 1000 Series ergonomic mesh task chair features rolling...

Last edited:

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I need to buy one of those stupid ass modular chairs for
bisexuals
people who sit fucking weird all the time

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
If these go on sale in Canada I'll probably get one. My current chair is fucked, the weld cracked so every time I sit I know there's a chance I'll fall over and be on the floor

Not really sure where to find used but like new Herman Miller or steelcase in the Edmonton area. I've seen people claim to get them for $200 or less but where?!

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Save for a Herman Miller and never buy another chair again. You can often find them slightly used from failed startups for cheap.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I have this chair at work and home, and love it. It runs a little less than an Aeron though still quite expensive (£794 in UK store vs £875 for the Aeron). I was able to get it through my work for about $500 USD because it doubles for my home office and we get some discount, any chance you can do something like that?

Zody » Haworth Store EU & ASIA
Haha still way out of my price range but thanks!

Rurunaki

Oct 27, 2017
It's not like I have a choice. Secret Lab won'tbship to Hawaii and I can only fame on a hammock for so long.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
There's always people who pop in and say something along the lines of "Herman Miller or bust" and then there's the somewhat price aware who says to pick one up used for cheap.

I looked for fun and the cheapest used Aeron I could find in Sweden is $980. I might not be poor, but there is no way I am spending that on a chair.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
*Unless you're somewhat tall

The lumbar and headrest on this thing was literally killing me until I modded it.
I'm a tall person with a hyken and I came here to complain about the headrest. May I ask how you addressed the problem? A real solution would be amazing.

Also, toANYONE with a hyken, how the fuck do I find replacement bolts for it. I snapped two of the bolts that hold on the armrests and when I went to find a replacement at my hardware store that was same length, depth, threadcount, it didn't work at all.

Deleted member 40953

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
I've got this IKEA Millberget but the bum padding is pretty much non-existant now and leaves me with a bit of an achey arse after I've finished work

Any UK recommendations for what to replace it with?