• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
If sitting a lot in front of a computer one really should invest in getting a proper chair.

Your back is going to thank you years from now.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
My chair is starting to fall apart, too bad this costs AU$370 just in shipping, found a place that has free shipping...$2000+.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the christmas gift idea for my SO! He's been dangerously close to purchasing one of those gaudy gamer chairs way too many times now.

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
These chairs are great when it comes to work, hence the task chair part. But for those that sometimes want to just rest or lean back for a moment I'd still recommend a High/tall executive chair. I'm 6' ft by the way

Gangrel

Oct 25, 2017
The arm rests on mine are wearing out after two years. Called in the warranty to get replacements and they only sent me the left one. Apparently the right one is on back order. So now i'm stuck with 1 good arm rest and one bad one.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah these chairs are great, I've had mine for 3 years and I love it as much as one can love a cheap but good chair

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone have recommendations for a chair that would be suitable for someone weighing close to 300 lb?

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
This chair is only okay if you're short. While it's better than a GAMER chair, you're better off getting a used "real" office chair from a used office furniture store.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Make sure to sit in it before you buy, if possible. Shit depends on height and weight, for any chair.

Still better than dxracer shit though.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
It's a fantastic chair if you sit normal. I sit criss cross style. 1 leg up, half-laying sideways etc so i prefer the big and tall wide chairs.

Sitting normal for more than 30-60 minutes irks me.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I have this chair arriving soon

www.posturite.co.uk

RH Logic 400 (high back) Ergonomic Office Chair

The RH Logic 400 is perfect for both remedial and preventative back care solutions, as well as 24/7 use in control rooms.Based on the unique 'two-point principle' of upright posture and active sitting, the chair improves breathing and circulation, and stimulates the muscles. The one to one tilt...

I had an ergonomic assessment recently since I moved to working from home rather than in-office. So this chair will be my work and gaming chair. Hoping it's super comfortable! I wasn't able to sit in it because of the pandemic.

Also getting a $1000 electronically height adjustable desk. Hoping that it makes for a very comfortable gaming experience between the two of them. I might play some games standing from time to time (it's adjustable so that you can stand or sit).

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Naw.. Company was looking to change chairs at some point and brought the Hyken for tests. It's barely ok. Quality feels cheap. Not that i recommend a "gaming" chair either.

Best thing is to look out for refurbished office furnitures from local places where they hunt for office closures to get good prices. I scored an Humanscale freedom with headrest for 350$ Canadian and it looked brand fucking new. I've never sit on a more comfortable chair in all my life.

Don't buy new. With a bit of patience, calls, visits, you should be scoring top of the line chairs that are >1000$ at 200$ territory. Especially nowadays, i mean, it sucks to say this but, there's many offices closing down, the furniture stocks should be very high. It's better to recycle a chair that has been used than buying brand new too.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
any good UK alternatives for similar price?

Is there something similar for Europe?
Ikea Markus:

www.ikea.com

MARKUS Vissle dark grey, Office chair - IKEA

MARKUS Vissle dark grey, Office chair. Adjust the height and angle of this chair so your workday feels comfortable – the mesh backrest lets air through so you keep cool even when the workload rises. Built to outlast years of ups and downs.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I recently picked up the MyoChair. My advice would be to pick it up with the headrest and legrest. I game on PC and also watch movies and stuff on it, so being able to recline and kick my feet up is amazing. It's slightly more than the Hyken, but way lower than those $300 uncomfortable ass racing chairs.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
I've used the Hyken for the last, like, 6 years or so. It's a great chair.

But its time is almost up as my new job has a generous wfh stipend that I used to get a Steelcase Gesture.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Was my 2nd option, though I went with another HON chair for me which I super love so far. Hyken seems to be top-notch stuff.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I just got my wife one of these and she really likes it. I got the version of this that's bigger (the name escapes me) as I'm too tall/big for the Hyken.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've owned this chair for a few months and love it.

Gaming chairs are ugly and uncomfortable.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
What chair do you own and is it comfy?

There's a leather swivel chair in the home office but no I wouldn't say it's particularly comfy.

I was more lamenting that any time one of these chairs is recommended the aesthetics are terrible. No way my wife would agree to that if I wanted it.

Edit: as above says, they're either ugly and comfortable or nice looking and not.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Very well against both, if you mean the Ikea Markus (or Marcus?).

My company supplied me with a Herman Miller Aeron in the office, and it's great, but we went WFH a few weeks ago. I planned on going back to the Ikea Markus I've had a few years as my gaming chair and have been very good with. But - my daughter had all but staked claim on the Ikea chair, so I ordered a Hyken - and it's really good. Maybe not as good as the Herman Miller, but it's very supportive and comfortable for hours of working on my computer.
Interesting thanks for the info and yeah you're right it's Ikea Markus haha
I was planning to get Aeron Miller secondhand for good price but I hear you can't really sit on it cross legged which is what I do a lot at home
So I guess it's either the Hyken or the Markus need to do more research, probably going to just choose the cheaper out of the two

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Had something like this at previous job, it's pretty comfy and adjustable.

Ikea Markus:

www.ikea.com

MARKUS Vissle dark grey, Office chair - IKEA

MARKUS Vissle dark grey, Office chair. Adjust the height and angle of this chair so your workday feels comfortable – the mesh backrest lets air through so you keep cool even when the workload rises. Built to outlast years of ups and downs.

I have this at home currently (took it from the office) and while it's pretty good for work (or PC gaming for that matter), it's not ideal for gaming if you're on gamepad, the armrest is very solid and can easily make your arms go numb or even hurt a little bit if you're in for long sessions.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Had something like this at previous job, it's pretty comfy and adjustable.

I have this at home currently (took it from the office) and while it's pretty good for work (or PC gaming for that matter), it's not ideal for gaming if you're on gamepad, the armrest is very solid and can easily make your arms go numb or even hurt a little bit if you're in for long sessions.
It's perfect for gaming with a game pad. I use it myself for thst very thing.

You can put a pillow on the arm rest or remove it if it's an issuse for you, though.

Nov 1, 2017
Weirdly enough, that's the one I have. Didn't get it for "gaming" specifically, it was just within the budget and had good enough reviews. I like it for the most part but if you're on the taller side it can leave you wishing the lumbar support and head rest have a bit more range.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
It's perfect for gaming with a game pad. I use it myself for thst very thing.

Guess we have different experiences, that armrest is way to tough for my liking and I actively need to avoid letting my elbows rest on it for too long. No issues while I'm working though.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Guess we have different experiences, that armrest is way to tough for my liking and I actively need to avoid letting my elbows rest on it for too long. No issues while I'm working though.
The chair is still a very good deal for the price. This is the first I've heard this issue, which could be overcome with placing a pillow there.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to post this one too lol

heard good things about it
No chair is perfect. Even chairs thst sell for thousands have low reviews here and there for perosonal issues.

There is a good reason this chair is brought up a lot, though, and why it has such good overall reviews.

For the price point it's easily one of the best.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
No chair is perfect. Even chairs thst sell for thousands have low reviews here and there for perosonal issues.

There is a good reason this chair is brought up a lot, though, and why it has such good overall reviews.

For the price point it's easily one of the best.
Fuck, it looks more aesthetically pleasing than the one in the OP but I understand what Bansai is saying. I currently use a leather wooden chair with arm rests like that and my arms go numb if I keep them their for awhile. Damn

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
I'd recommend the Jarvfjallet with a seat cusion over the Markus if you're looking at ikea alternatives. Jarvfjallet has adjustable lumbar support and headrest and optional armrests. Just has a much firmer seat.