• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its too bad theres no spanish language option here. I would love to share this with family. Still, 7.50 for Matrix and the other catalog is cool.

Oct 30, 2017
I cancelled my current plan and had to create a new account with a different email since my monthly subbed renews in Oct. but still worth it!

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I signed up for HBO Max 1 week trial last night through hulu. I made an HBO Max account afterwards but it is still being "billed" through Hulu. I canceled the add on through hulu so it's technically not attached to hulu anymore but in my HBO Max account it says it is. Am I going to have to make a new HBO Max account or wait until the 25th for the trial to end to subscribe with this method?

Oct 30, 2017
I signed up for HBO Max 1 week trial last night through hulu. I made an HBO Max account afterwards but it is still being "billed" through Hulu. I canceled the add on through hulu so it's technically not attached to hulu anymore but in my HBO Max account it says it is. Am I going to have to make a new HBO Max account or wait until the 25th for the trial to end to subscribe with this method?

Your current sub has to expire first. I had my sub through Google Play and even cancelled it was still active, since its paid for the month already, so I ended up making a new account since my expiration is past the promotion period.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Neat, I canceled earlier this summer but planned on returning later in the year. Might as well jump in now with this deal.

Nov 2, 2017
I had cancelled during the summer via Prime; I hadn't realized HBO was being pulled from their channels.

I was wanting to watch Cry Macho this weekend and saw this deal. Jumped on it.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well my current subs ends on the 25th, so guess I can take advantage of this lol.

I wonder if I can just use 3 months and then cancel it, unless Young Justice Phantoms starts coming out early next year. I mean it be worth it for horror stuff next month, and then dune and matrix, but I usually only stick around with streaming services for a short time before deciding on another service to look at.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Can I add this to my existing subscription? I got a year free with my AT&T internet like 2 months ago.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
If you are a current subscriber, it looks like they also have a limited time deal until 09/26 for $110/yr ($9.16/mo) if you switch to annual billing.

To get this, just go to Subscription -> Manage Subscription -> Switch Plans -> Yearly

In the end this saves you more:

$7.50 for 6 mos ($45) + $15 for 6mos ($90) = $135
vs $110 paying annual with this deal

For those who are not eligible for this offer and aren't under an existing offer, HBO Max is also offering the ability to pre-pay the next 12 months for the price of $110, just over $9 a month. Just go to 'Manage Subscription' and then 'Change Plan' to see the offer. You may also receive an e-mail for it. This also applies to those who have an existing subscription.

Since I was on the rolling $15 a month plan, I did this.

When society collapses, I will make sure you will be known as messiahs

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is on top of the current six month discount, or it's the same discounted price plus $25 credit?

Bad at math and currently not at home.

You pay the $110, and get $25 statement credit. I got the credit the next day. You're basically paying like $90.

You have to add the HBO offer to your card first.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's weird, I use a DNS service to unblock HBO Max in my region and I never get ads. Maybe I would if I used a VPN? The ad service must not be affected by the unblocking and there aren't any ads for it to pull in my region.

I basically already have a ad free version then. 🤔

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You pay the $110, and get $25 statement credit. I got the credit the next day. You're basically paying like $90.

Crap, I changed the subscription plan first before redeeming the offer on American Express. I already had an AMEX card as my payment method so I forgot this step.

Can I still get it by cancelling the subscription and renewing it?

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crap, I changed the subscription plan first before redeeming the offer on American Express. I already had an AMEX card as my payment method so I forgot this step.

Can I still get it by cancelling the subscription and renewing it?

You can try applying the offer now in hopes it catches it.

I'm not sure if you'll still be able to get the discounted price.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You can try applying the offer now in hopes it catches it.

I'm not sure if you'll still be able to get the discounted price.

I immediately cancelled the subscription, clicked the AMEX offer to open the link and renewed. It still shows the discounted price, so I've got that at least.

How long does it take for the $25 statement credit to show? The AMEX offer link disappeared after I did this, so I'm assuming it went through.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I immediately cancelled the subscription, clicked the AMEX offer to open the link and renewed. It still shows the discounted price, so I've got that at least.

How long does it take for the $25 statement credit to show? The AMEX offer link disappeared after I did this, so I'm assuming it went through.

Not long. Like a day or two

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone else that claimed this, check your email. I just got one saying that they're extending the offer for another 6 months.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
I got so much use out of the first deal so I think I'll let it ride.

Any big shows coming in that timeframe?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Just checked my account. Extended to 12 months. How did they know I was going to cancel but now won't you clever devils.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just got the extension too! I was fine paying $15 for the use I get out of it, but this is awesome.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Wife and I were just talking about how we were going to cancel in March when the price went up. I guess we will ride it out a little longer!

May 14, 2021
Not a fan of a lot of the new stuff, but watched a couple eps of The Mentalist and now I'm in for the whole 7 seasons. Might give Chuck a shot as well.

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
Hmm, I didn't get the email. Does that mean they think I won't cancel, for whatever reason?

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I got the extension email yesterday. Will happily keep my sub going for $7.50. Probably would have cancelled after catching up on Euphoria once the season ends.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I was going to cancel but I got the 6 month extension too. I'll keep it another 6 months. Then just go to buying a month here and there when stuff I care about drops.