• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds about right, depending on what the remaining challenges will ask of you. We only know of 3 so far and those can be done in ~45 minutes to an hour. Probably less if you know what you're doing.

It always pays off to wait a couple of days for more challenges to unlock so you can do more of them in one game, saves time in the end.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These kind of extremely specific challenges that people chase instead of concentrating on the battle royale aspect of the game are what chased me away, plus the near impossibility of doing any meaningful progress on the pass without these challenges, as the XP boosts are laughable in comparison. Seems like they're doubling now on them: if you grind hard now, you can grind for free next season. Hmmmmmm...

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
If this is due to apex, I hope apex responds in turn with something cool and free unlike the vday stuff.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
i like fortnite and apex a lot.i hope they battle it out in this way for a long time

hell i was gonna buy the battle pass for season 8 anyway, so this is great

Ghostbound

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
These kind of extremely specific challenges that people chase instead of concentrating on the battle royale aspect of the game are what chased me away, plus the near impossibility of doing any meaningful progress on the pass without these challenges, as the XP boosts are laughable in comparison. Seems like they're doubling now on them: if you grind hard now, you can grind for free next season. Hmmmmmm...

This is the exact reason I've lost interest in completing the weekly challenges.

They've become such a chore to do and it always feels like I'm having to go out of my way to finish them.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Interesting.

Thanks to Apex I was really thinking I might not buy season 8,.

How long do we have to complete these ?

EDIT: Oh, Feb 27th. It's right in the OP.

Last edited:

KelThaFunkee

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm I noticed a week or two ago they had an extra 20 days built in to complete your season challenges. They've given extra days before in previous seasons. They've also allowed more time to complete end of season challenges. It's also cool to see free skins. This was at least semi planned ahead of time

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Even when buying the battlepass, how much would you have to play to earn every unlock in a season?

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even when buying the battlepass, how much would you have to play to earn every unlock in a season?

70 odd hours I would say, I'm sure I clocked that in the John Wick season going for that skin. I think i also bought (in error) the BP with 25 incl levels and ended up using a few hundred of the vbucks from that season pass to buy the last few levels as well.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
If you do not plan on purchasing any levels. A lot. I would imagine you would have to complete pretty much all the weekly challenges and then regularly complete the daily challenges.

So the paid Battle Pass + 25 Tiers gives me all the unlocks from 1-25? Does it come with anything else like exp boosts?

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
So the paid Battle Pass + 25 Tiers gives me all the unlocks from 1-25? Does it come with anything else like exp boosts?
You get the items from 1-25 (which will include some more v-bucks) but Nothing else. the game doesn't have exp boosts at all (EDIT. I'm an idiot. Completely forgot they show them at the bottom of your screen in the lobby).

Last edited:

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
So... both Battle Passes seem like kind of a rip-off unless you play constantly is what I'm finding here.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You get the items from 1-25 (which will include some more v-bucks) but Nothing else. the game doesn't have exp boosts at all.
lol what there's personal xp boost and friend xp boosts ? I'm currently at +120% to myself and something like +50% to friends
So... both Battle Passes seem like kind of a rip-off unless you play constantly is what I'm finding here.
They pay for themselves, how is that a ripoff. And no you don't have to play that much to complete the challenges.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017

I would not say its a rip-off. Its just that it effort if you want to get to Tier 100. I have only ever paid for one battle pass and without to much effort you'll quickly earn enough v-bucks to earn the next battlepass for free.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it's a fantastic deal, even if you don't take it all the way to the end. You don't have to play a ton to get enough money back to pay for the next one and you still get skins and other stuff in the process.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really. You pay for one single pass and can then get every other subsequent pass for free. Doesn't take much effort either, as the threshold to reach the level to get your vbucks back isn't all that high.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I probably shouldn't have used the word ripoff. It's just something that just benefits players who put in the effort.

I love Fortnite from an aesthetic point of view, but I -really- don't like the building aspect. It's something I don't like doing, but I kind of need to force myself to learn it to stay alive.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
A couple hours a week. You just need to do most daily challenges (can hold 3 at a time) and do the weekly challenges.

On average I play like an hour or 2 every 3-4 days (will skip a entire week here and there), do the 3 daily challenges (can usually be done in 1 match) and some weekly ones if I feel like it. Week 10 (final week of weekly challenges) I play a lot more to finish every weekly challenges, I'm done with a couple weeks to spare usually.

Edit: this only applies to the cheap BP option. The $25 one, you don't even need to worry about the daily challenges. Just doing all 10 weeks of challenges gets you to 100.

Last edited:

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I hope it is as good as Fortnite's. I need that extra incentive to keep playing (even though I'm loving APEX).
Absolutely. Apex has really given me the best of both worlds. With blackout i felt the hit reg and sound was fucked, and it fortnite the building skill gap got so divided that it's hard to enjoy.
In apex, the audio is gorgeous, when I shoot first I win, and I don't need to worry about someone building the empire state building around them when I hit them with one shot.
Really looking forward to seeing what they bring forth.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played Fortnite BR since September since I realized I stopped playing to get better and only played the battle pass. If I can get the next one for free I might give it a go.

Just do what I did, download the game on your phone and create a 'friend' to join. Let the phone player drop wherever and die and get top 15 yourself. (I tried doing it solo and it doesn't register unless you duo with someone on your friends list.

OK, glad to see that works. I will probably use my switch and PS4 to get than done.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The complete list of challenges are available now. It's hilariously easy to complete enough for the Battle Pass. You can probably do the required 13 challenges in about 2/3 hours.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Honestly, I hope it is as good as Fortnite's. I need that extra incentive to keep playing (even though I'm loving APEX).

For me it, can't be. In FPS games I only care about weapon skins since you barely see your character. But that lets me save for other legends that might interest me. If you get the legend as part of the battle pass, then I might as well, otherwise I'm skipping it.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
They should just go ahead and be upfront with a new challenge.. "Challenge: Delete Apex Legends, Unfollow Respawn".

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
It depends. Just completing the weekly challenges only nets you 55 tiers/100 and early on you get levels quite quickly (especially if you play with friends who boost your exp, even easier if you win regularly with said friends). Weekly challenges probably won't take more than 2-3 hours per week if you really focus on them. I'd say 65-70 levels can come somewhat efficiently if you just do the weekly challenges & get some levels in the progress. Past that leveling up even a single level becomes much more of a grind (you have to win, like, 7-15 games for a single level even if you have friend EXP boosts helping you out). So you're left with having to get about 30 levels past the battle pass challenges & the levels that you can probably get going for them. Daily challenges give you 0.5 levels per day and you can have up to 3 daily challenges queued up at once, so that's 1.5 levels every 3 days. 3 levels every 6 dailies, so 30 levels in about 60 days/daily challenges. Since you can queue them up, you don't have to play every day but you DO have to log in on 60 days. This can be done on your phone or Switch if you don't want to boot up PS4BonePC every day, if you really want to spare time. :P

If you want to be as efficient as possible, early on in the season you could just focus on doing daily challenges every 3 days, since if you let 3 dailies queue up, it's likely that you'll get something done towards completing every one of those 3 daily challenges in every round if you focus on the challenges (like, instead of playing & completing them daily, you can get shotgun kills, open chests & ammo boxes and outlive opponents all within a single game vs. opening chests one day, outliving opponents for 2-3 games another & killing people with shotguns the next). After a few weeks, you'll probably have some of the more generic weekly challenges done even without trying to do them. Once you've got a few weeks of weekly challenges stored up, you can start doing the more specific ones and finish challenges more efficiently within single rounds of BR, much like the dailies. So that can cut down on time needed for weeklies dramatically.

Ultimately the most important thing to get to battle pass tier 100 is to do enough daily challenges. You can tidy up whatever weekly challenges you are missing within the last week or two quite efficiently but you have to do about 60 daily challenges if you don't spend a lot of time grinding for levels. If you do them as efficiently as possible, you have to play maybe an hour or hour and a half every 3 days to empty the queue for the next few daily challenges, so that's maybe 20--30 hours of playing just for dailies. Weekly challenges can depend on your skill level, how aggressively you go for them in each game and a bit on luck (i.e. if there are some "kill people in X location" challenges, whether you ever confront enemies in some of the less crowded landing/visiting spots). A "Kill 5 opponents with a shotgun" challenge can be achievable within a single game if you luck out on and/or are skilled enough OR it can take 5-8+ games. But, again, it's not as time-consuming if you have weeklies & dailies queued up, so even if you don't get a shotgun kill in every game, you'll probably get SOMETHING done (especially if you go out of your way to visit a target location or do some more specific tasks).

2-3 hours of playtime for weekly challenges (or less) x 10 and about 20-30 hours doing 60 or so dailies through the season. I'd say 40-50 hours of playtime within the 2,5-3 months that these seasons usually last is probably the bare minimum if you want to do everything as efficiently as possible & focus on getting something done in every game & don't play any more than necessary. But it can balloon up to a lot higher a number if you don't focus on them and do them inefficiently.