• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Und nu? What is your prefered outcome?

• 🟥⬛

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 🟥🟩🟨

Votes: 182 79.5%
  • ⬛🟩🟨

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Neuwahlen

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 27 11.8%

• Total voters
Mar 4, 2021
Berlin, Germany
We are taking the cult like behavior in US politics as the world standard and are pleased because FDP and Greens speak with each other. Great success? No it is how working democratic systems are supposed to function, and in no way a braking right.
Parties are free to talk.
There is no hard rule the biggest party has to supply the chancellor.

All while ignoring that FDP and Greens are not talking to the party with the most votes, at all. They are preparing a list of demands instead, you could call it political black-mailing. Scholz was very quiet during Elefantenrunde because he knows that Greens + FDP are having the power now.
The SPD could have done RRG two times, but instead opted for something different.
Now they don't have the power to threaten with it any more.

Machtgewinn und Erhalt am Wunsch der Wähler vorbei. Wie man das so beschönigen kann wundert mich sehr.
Weder Grüne noch FDP haben gerade Macht, sie wollen welche.
Und eine Beteiligung beider Parteien entspricht den Mehrheitsverhältnissen.
Demnach führt dabei nichts am 'Wunsch der Wähler' vorbei, da damit Scholz Kanzler wird und dass nach den Umfragen der einzig klare 'Wunsch der Wähler' ist.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Demnach führt dabei nichts am 'Wunsch der Wähler' vorbei, da damit Scholz Kanzler wird und dass nach den Umfragen der einzig klare 'Wunsch der Wähler' ist.

Well if you check any survey after election about what and who people (not even party bases) prefer between Scholz and Laschet, or Ampel and Jamaica, there's a clear "Wunsch der Wähler".

And it doesn't involve either Laschet, Söder or Jamaica.

Forget this, i've misread that paragraph. ^^

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Parties are free to talk.
There is no hard rule the biggest party has to supply the chancellor.
Never said anything else. I said we shouldn't take what is happening in the US to celebrate the bare minimum that is expected in democratic systems. Talking.

The SPD could have done RRG two times, but instead opted for something different.
Now they don't have the power to threaten with it any more.
Your point?

On the contrary, because CDU and SPD are excluding each other all the power is concentrated on FDP and Greens currently. Two parties are currently deciding about a three way coalition. That's not how this is supposed to work and is unrepresentative off voter will.
In such a scenario CDU and SPD need to talk to fill the power void that those small parties are taking advantage off.
After all, as you stated above, Parties are free to talk.

I don't see those talks leading to Ample. SPD isn't present. This are talks about a list of demands. Greens and FDP are cutting a cake that belongs to three parties.

Last edited:

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On the contrary, because CDU and SPD are excluding each other all the power is concentrated on FDP and Greens currently. Two parties are currently deciding about a three way coalition. That's not how this is supposed to work and is unrepresentative off voter will.
In such a scenario CDU and SPD need to talk to fill the power void that those small parties are taking advantage off.
After all, as you stated above, Parties are free to talk.

I don't see those talks leading to Ample. SPD isn't present. This are talks about a list of demands. Greens and FDP are cutting a cake that belongs to three parties.

This is the first meeting. Negotiations with SPD come later and SPD is free to not agree to a coalition if they think their program is not properly represented. Nobody is forced or blackmailed into anything here.
Considering the possible coalitions it just makes by far the most sense for Greens and FDP to talk first. Because if they can't agree on a joint program both Ampel and Jamaica are dead.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
Please stop talking about "voter will" (or Wählerwille). A party with 25% of the votes (which represent maybe 70% of voters; which represent maybe 50% of people living here) doesn't have an absolute mandate. Nobody else has. Its abound finding a majority. Any majority works (remember Thüringen and Kemmerich).

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody is forced or blackmailed into anything here.

That's not what is going on here.
They are talking with each other to empower their position and to destabilise the position of both CDU and SPD.
This is politics and not idealistic altruism.

Considering the possible coalitions it just makes by far the most sense for Greens and FDP to talk first. Because if they can't agree on a joint program both Ampel and Jamaica are dead.

No it doesn't. Three parties were able to grow, but only the two smaller parties are talking.
Maybe there isn't even a need for them to participate in government.
SPD and CDU need to start talking asap.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
No it doesn't. Three parties were able to grow, but only the two smaller parties are talking.
Maybe there isn't even a need for them to participate in government.
SPD and CDU need to start talking asap.
Everyone knows that a coalition between SPD and CDU is incredibly unpopular and would destroy the SPD in 4 years. So what's the point of "talking" with the CDU, when everyone knows that a grand coalition is literally the last option on anyone's table. I'm not saying that SPD and CDU shouldn't meet and discuss things, I am simply saying that I doubt it would make much of a difference.

The Greens and FDP are in a natural position of power, and it's in the interests of either party to first coordinate on their respective red lines, and get realistic ideas of what each party can expect. I'm pretty sure the Greens will also have talks with SPD and CDU/CSU too, even if those will likely get less attention then this first meeting with the FDP.

I also don't agree that this is somehow against the "will of the people". That term is complete bullshit anyway, usually used by populists and demagogues. No one can speak for an entire people, and each voting group only represents their own view. It's natural that now that the people have cast their votes, their representatives, the parties, see how they can form a working government, while staying true to their own ideological believes (which were the reasons they receives votes in the first place). This is all a completely normal, democratic process.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone knows that a coalition between SPD and CDU is incredibly unpopular and would destroy the SPD in 4 years. So what's the point of "talking" with the CDU, when everyone knows that a grand coalition is literally the last option on anyone's table.

It doesn't matter that it's the last option. What matters during the talks with Green and FDP is that there is another option at all.

If there isn't another option, Greens and FDP could basically write a program on their own and then tell SPD and Union they just have to sign it if they want to supply the chancellor.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
It doesn't matter that it's the last option. What matters during the talks with Green and FDP is that there is another option at all.

If there isn't another option, Greens and FDP could basically write a program on their own and then tell SPD and Union they just have to sign it if they want to supply the chancellor.
Neither SPD oder CDU have any interest right now to talk with each other. That's simply not going to happen.

In a couple of days SPD, Grüne and FDP will meet. I don't see the problem. Greens and FDP are not writing a complete coalition agreement at the moment.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

But they can't? Jamaika is dead at this point which means the only option Greens and FDP have to put pressure on the SPD is Neuwahlen in which case everyone loses.
There is no alternative to Ampel anymore and all of them know it, maybe a red-green minority government under Chancellor Scholz but that's about it.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SPD and CDU is incredibly unpopular and would destroy the SPD in 4 years

A coalition involving CDU in general is unpopular, but it is an option for the greens. Primitively excluding certain coalitions is a mistake in general it seems.
Their natural position of power is not natural, it is because CDU and SPD are excluding themselves. This needs to be rebalanced and counteracted imo.

one can speak for an entire people, and each voting group only represents their own view.

Nobody can, and still in a democratic system majorities set the rules. This is not happening with the greens and fdp talking exclusively with each other.
Two parties setting the rules and demands for the larger ones ain't good.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody can, and still in a democratic system majorities set the rules. This is not happening with the greens and fdp talking exclusively with each other.
Two parties setting the rules and demands for the larger ones ain't good.
They are not setting any rules, except what conditions they want to agree to a coalition. That is their natural right. If they overplay their position, the SPD can simply walk away. No one is forced to anything, it's just about weighing all the options and deciding what's the best one.
I really do not understand your negative views about what are ultimately completely harmless talks between parties.

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yes, just as there wasn't any alternative to Jamaica in 2017.

Completely different situation a minority government or Neuwahlen are way more likely then another great coalition at this point.
How should it even work? CDU/CSU is in complete chaos but even under these circumstances they will not be junior partner to the SPD under a chancellor Scholz not to mention the other way around is practically impossible besides the base of both party's will never stand for it.

Oct 30, 2017
FDP still prefers Jamaica-coalition and wants to talk to CDU first

FDP will erst mit der Union, dann mit der SPD sprechen

Die FDP und die Grünen wollen am Freitag weitere Beratungen zur Bildung einer Regierung abhalten. Das sagte FDP-Generalsekretär Volker Wissing am Mittwoch in Berlin. Danach werde es auch Gespräche mit der Union und der SPD geben. Eine Jamaikakoalition sei weiterhin die bevorzugte Regierungsoption. Das liege an den Inhalten, an denen sich nichts geändert habe.
www.spiegel.de

Nach einem ersten Gespräch mit den Grünen hat Volker Wissing mitgeteilt, dass sich beide Parteien Freitag erneut treffen wollen. Danach stünden Treffen mit Union und SPD an. Jamaika sei die bevorzugte Option.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus ... i mean, be my guest, and do it.

But don't come complaining in 4 years when neither of you manage a double digit election result.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
FDP still prefers Jamaica-coalition and wants to talk to CDU first

www.spiegel.de

Nach einem ersten Gespräch mit den Grünen hat Volker Wissing mitgeteilt, dass sich beide Parteien Freitag erneut treffen wollen. Danach stünden Treffen mit Union und SPD an. Jamaika sei die bevorzugte Option.

I´d say its 30:70 "actually wanting to form a coalition" : "Putting pressure on the SPD by showing them Ampel isn´t set yet"

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich

Well, that won't happen, because the hard thing to reconcile is Greens and FDP. They are on many issues diametrically opposed, mostly so on economic policies. While the greens want the state to invest in technological transformation, the FDP wants to lower taxes to incentivize private investment, a plan that according to all the science we have is not going to work when it comes to decarbonization and technological transformation. So I don't see the Greens compromising on this one.

Greens and SPD on the other hand have virtually identical programs. Even though the SPD was part of the coalition that wrote the debt-brake into our constitution, there is strong opposition against the debt-brake in the SPD now. (SPD ThinkTank DezernatZukunft has been producing a lot of anti-debt-brake research, in favor of the so-called "supply-side progressivism" that is also making the rounds in US academic econ cycles. (NYT recently had a piece on it)

I think this will the key issue of all the talks: What are we going to do with the debt-brake and are we going to combat climate change via public investment and directed technological transformation, or are we going to gamble on the market fixing climate change for us hoping that if we just lower taxes enough and do away with regulations, the problem will magically sort itself out.

And Greens absolutely do not want Jamaica, while the FDP would prefer it.

I don't think FDP will be able to force its economic gamble on the magical powers of the market into an "Ampel"-coalition, but in a Jamaica one, the Greens would be unable to introduce their more state-driven approach.

I am very convinced that this question of public vs. private investments, relying on governance or relying on the market to combat climate change, is the crucial question that needs answering now.

Because to me, this doesn't seem like a topic we can flip flop on with the successive governments. The route we take now will inform our policies for decades to come and I really hope that FDP and Union will have to bury their "free market" mysticism because it's suicidal and remarkably naive.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Completely different situation a minority government or Neuwahlen are way more likely then another great coalition at this point.
How should it even work? CDU/CSU is in complete chaos but even under these circumstances they will not be junior partner to the SPD under a chancellor Scholz not to mention the other way around is practically impossible besides the base of both party's will never stand for it.

Jamaika or another great coalition are way more likely than Neuwahlen.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They are not setting any rules, except what conditions they want to agree to a coalition. That is their natural right. If they overplay their position, the SPD can simply walk away. No one is forced to anything, it's just about weighing all the options and deciding what's the best one.
I really do not understand your negative views about what are ultimately completely harmless talks between parties.

It is not as simple as you make it out to be and you know it very well.
We are in a unique situation here, one that is more complex than you seem to want to admit: This isn't just two parties having a friendly talk. This is politics, calculation and power. You need to take a look at the whole picture.

We have CDU and SPD not talking with each other, that alone is weakening their position as Jamaica or Ampel appear to be the only solution. Huge mistake imo.
But this strange unbalance of power gets worse because of what is happening with CDU right now. We have a candidate that is holding on for dear life.
Laschet needs Jamaika to happen or he is out of the political spectrum for forever. He is extremely vulnerable right now and in sheer panic mode. From a power perspective he is the perfect, influenceable "partner" for FDP and Greens. CDU has not set one line that they won't give up during coalition talks, while SPD, FDP and Greens have done so (Mindestlohn 12€, keine Stuererhöhung und Kohleausstieg 2030). It would be interesting to watch, if it wasn't that serious.

My negative view is because, from a pure tactical perspective I fully understand why FDP and Greens are only talking with each other. And it "scares" me. It means they are preparing for Jamaika. It is the most logical approach, that gives them the most say.
A terrible perspective if you ask me and I already feel sorry to have voted green. Jamaika is very likely to happen.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
jamaika is a much better ideological fit than ampel. at least fdp has been very consistent about their coalition preference from the start, you can't really blame them for it.
the debt brake isn't even up for debate because you need a two third majority to change/abolish it, which does not exist.
my only hope is that scholz's negotiation experience can help him achieve the impossible.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
My negative view is because, from a pure tactical perspective I fully understand why FDP and Greens are only talking with each other. And it "scares" me. It means they are preparing for Jamaika. It is the most logical approach, that gives them the most say.
A terrible perspective if you ask me and I already feel sorry to have voted green. Jamaika is very likely to happen.
I don't think it's that simple. The Greens know that Jamaica is not very popular with their voting base. You might sell it if they get really big consessions on their environmental policies, but it doesn't seem at all clear to me that the CDU is willing to cave on their policies here. I also doubt Laschet will be a factor for much longer, his position is not at all secure.

Politics is always about calculation and power, it's never anything else. If you are a Green voter who believes 2021 is the last moment to change your countries enviromental policies, then a Jamaica coalition with a very weak CDU might be a better option than one led by the SPD, with Scholz being very vocal against things like taxing C02, one of the most critical tools to reducing emissions.

My point isn't that the parties are all nice, it's that they all play exactly the role that they should be in a democratic country. Nothing is set in stone, and of course the weakness of one party will be the strength of others. Even getting a majority isn't all that useful if you need to get two other parties to agree to form a coalition with you. That's not "against the will of the people." It's just how democracy works if no party gets more than 30% of the vote.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
We are taking the cult like behavior in US politics as the world standard and are pleased because FDP and Greens speak with each other. Great success? No it is how working democratic systems are supposed to function, and in no way a braking right.

All while ignoring that FDP and Greens are not talking to the party with the most votes, at all. They are preparing a list of demands instead, you could call it political black-mailing. Scholz was very quiet during Elefantenrunde because he knows that Greens + FDP are having the power now.

It is only possible because Laschet and CDU are the worst losers in the political history of this republic.
2005 Schröder was laughable, but the party at least talked sense into him quickly. AKK said yesterday that Laschet was the right candidate. CDU left the Republic and moved to the twilight zone. Nothing is unlawful here, but it is as politically corrupt as it gets. Both from Greens, FDP and CDU.

Machtgewinn und Erhalt am Wunsch der Wähler vorbei. Wie man das so beschönigen kann wundert mich sehr.
What? All parties have been voted, and while I am still confused what the fdps appeal (i dont think fdp can do digitalisierung, they have had the chance even together with the cdu, they failed) is, the green party clearly represents the wish for a more climate friendly politic.

It is exactly what the voters wished for.

AmFreak

Oct 26, 2017
That the FDP first talks with the Union is not a sign for Jamaica, but the most logical thing to do from a negotiation standpoint.
You first go to the weaker one aka the Union, which has to give you more or less everything you want due to their weak position, and then you go to the SPD with these concessions from the Union in your pocket to put pressure on them.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
but it doesn't seem at all clear to me that the CDU is willing to cave on their policies here

If FDP and Greens come to an understanding CDU doesn't need to cave in on anything mayor anymore. The biggest differences between CDU and Greens are of social justice and economical nature. The same things that set FDP and Greens apart. Once those are solved between FDP and the Green Party, the jump to CDU is minimal. All that is needed are a couple of extra positions, wishes and extra demands that Laschet will be very happy to fulfil.

It is exactly what the voters wished for.

Greens have positioned themselves against CDU during Wahlkampf. Not just from a green perspective but social justice was also big for them and a key factor to set them appart. Just green politics is not what they promised their voters. You couldn't be more wrong, Greens had two, very clear pillars during Wahlkampf.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
If FDP and Greens come to an understanding CDU doesn't need to cave in on anything mayor anymore. The biggest differences between CDU and Greens are of social justice and economical nature. The same things that set FDP and Greens apart. Once those are solved between FDP and the Green Party, the jump to CDU is minimal. All that is needed are a couple of extra positions, wishes and extra demands that Laschet will be very happy to fulfil.

Greens have positioned themselves against CDU during Wahlkampf. Not just from a green perspective but social justice was also big for them and a key factor to set them appart. Just green politics is not what they promised their voters. You couldn't be more wrong, Greens had two, very clear pillars during Wahlkampf.
Did you even read what i wrote? Cuz you talk about something entirely different. This is about representation. And all parties represent the Waehlerwille, not only the party with the highest vote.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
If FDP and Grüne can come to a consensus on how to finance all the changes we need, we will get an Ampel coalition. If the green base can accept it, the SPD can as well. SPD can get their 12€ Mindestlohn and probably tax reductions on small and medium companies/earners. Taxing american companies seems like something all three want so we will also get something there.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is about representation.

You were talking about the greens representing their voters by going for a more climate friendly politic.
My objection was the question if that is enough, when their Wahlkampf had two pillars: Greener politic and social justice. Are they still representing their voters should they drop one of those pillars for Jamaica? I do not think so.

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Green Party base to vote on coalition agreement and allocation of posts

Green Party members are to have the final say on a coalition agreement and ministerial posts in the event of government participation. The Greens' state council on Saturday has before it a leading proposal from the party's leadership that provides for this. "All party members will decide on a coalition agreement and the personnel tableau envisaged by the Greens in an online-supported ballot," the motion says. A "small or large party congress" should decide on the start of coalition negotiations. This should also set up a Green negotiating group, the motion continues.
Source: Welt

This means that Jamaika is officially a thing of the past. So ppl can now stop bringing it up it's over.

Last edited:

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
Wissing: Gibt noch keinen Gesprächstermin mit Union
Anders als zunächst von der FDP angekündigt ist noch nicht klar, ob es am Samstag ein erstes Gespräch der Spitzen von FDP und Union über die Regierungsbildung gibt. "Noch hat die CDU keinen festen Gesprächstermin mit uns vereinbart", sagte FDP-Generalsekretär Volker Wissing im ZDF. Die FDP habe einen Termin am Samstag angeboten, der aber bei der Union wohl nicht stattfinden könne. "Jetzt muss man schauen, wann das genau sein wird", sagte Wissing.

https://www.welt.de/politik/bundest...m-Samstag-laut-Wissing-noch-nicht-sicher.html

update:

Last edited:

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
You were talking about the greens representing their voters by going for a more climate friendly politic.
My objection was the question if that is enough, when their Wahlkampf had two pillars: Greener politic and social justice. Are they still representing their voters should they drop one of those pillars for Jamaica? I do not think so.
You said Waehlerwille is not represented, i gave examples of representation.

And yes, greens climate policies is one of the main reasons why people voted green. If you go through this thread you can see it as well. People did not vote actively against spd, but wanted the best representation of green/spd goals (which to be fair are VERY similar in content) the spd alone wouldnt have achieved, therefore many voted green to emphasize green politics more.

That green and fdp discuss first IS waehlerwille. Because we want green politics to be represented. Without "zitruskoalition" we wont have spd/green. Why'd you discuss spd/green or spd/fdp if the bigger clashes are among fdp/green and these parties are way more significant for the coalition to even form: without this coalition we only have groko.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017

I dont get it. Yes, the looks might be a factor and the freedom promise might be as well christian Lindner can talk, but other than that? Content of fdp is simply horrible.

WHY do people believe FDP can do Digitalisierung?! I dont get it!

Bundesministerium für digitale Transformation

- no explanation how they want to manage the conversation from paper to data.

Flächendeckende und hochleistungsfähige Mobilfunkabdeckung

- der offene markt regelt nicht wifi an tante emmas milchkanne!! Und es nervt mich immense das dieses mindset verteilt wird. Er schafft es nicht mal den internet ausbau in reichen vierteln von grossstaedten voran zu bringen. Das ganze wird dann zu kosten der nutzer gemacht, ich bezweifele sehr stark das neuwaehler 100-300 euro monatlich ausgeben wollen fuer LTE & internet festanschluss nachdem sie 1.000 euro fuer das mobile device hingeblaettert haben.

Glasfaserausbau: Der Markt regelt das. Der Betriebskindergarten der direkt neben der grossen, bekannten und einflussreichen Firma liegt hat eine 16k Verbindung. 2022 wird aber Glasfaser gelegt. Bis zur Firma. Der Kindergarten dahinter? Fahrt mal weiter mit 16k.

Wie man da digitale Elternabende fuehren soll, Elterngespraeche ueber Video, Einstellungsgespraeche von Auslaendischen Praktikanten oder einfach nur Speichern von Dokumentationen. Unsere komplette Verwaltung wird digitalisiert, mit 16k. Selbst das, was wir haben erreicht nicht den kompletten Kindergarten. Digitale Angebote sind in einigen Bereichen nicht moeglich.

DAS kriegen wir unter FDP Fuehrung, im Klartext: Nichts. Die Telekom hat keinen Bock den Ausbau zu bezahlen, andere Anbieter haben null Ambitionen dafuer. Wozu auch? Die telekom macht's doch.

dann haben wir orte wo das netz wechselt, andere anbieter uebernehmen und dann auf einmal anwohner informiert werden: ja ihre 25k, die haben wir jetzt nicht mehr. Aber sie haben die wahl zwischen 16k und nichts.

Digitale Verwaltung als Dienstleister

Many of our data collection is laendersache. Do they want to take that responsibility from state? The bund cant decide that. They cant collect all data in one center for OBVIOUS reasons.

Lets assume they could. How do they want to manage all this with germanys infrastructure?! It's simply not possible. Even if so, that will result in less freedom in the end.

Fdp promises digitalen fortschritt, and every time they do not deliver, not because what they promise isnt done. Their approach just does not work. I dont get it why people vote them for it.

Last edited:

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
397fc73eab7be2d1.jpg

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Because a lot was talked about voter will here these past few days and that CDU and SPD should get into talks asap.

The Politbarometer from today:

211001-koalition-ampel-jamaika-100~1920x1080

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Maybe someone should project this into the Konrad-Adenauer-Haus, because that looks like a definitive "Wählerwille" to me.

I wonder how these curves would look like with Söder though. I genuinely think Germans these days only care if they somewhat trust that person who is a candidate, der den Laden zusammenhalten kann. The "Wählerwille" seems to be "no Laschet" and a tentative "we trust Scholz to do it", but not much more. Also, we still elect parties not coalitions, no matter how much politicans want to spin it or how tactical people get. Maybe I'm cynical and still somewhat disappointed about the lack of topics in this election campaign, too.

I'm pretty convinced we'll get the Ampel either way.

Last edited:

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how these curves would look like with Söder though. I genuinely think Germans these days only care if they somewhat trust that person who is a candidate, der den Laden zusammenhalten kann. The "Wählerwille" seems to be "no Laschet" and a tentative "we trust Scholz to do it", but not much more. Maybe I'm cynical and still somewhat disappointed about the lack of topics in this election campaign here.

I'm pretty convinced we'll get the Ampel either way.

Pretty sure it's going to be an Ampel at this point too. According to the poll posted above, even a majority of FDP voters now favor an Ampel over Jamaica (53%).

I also wouldn't worry about Söder, because he wouldn't want to become Chancellor in a hypothetical Jamaica coaltion if he could. He's not interested in picking up the mess that Laschet left behind. He probably wants an Ampel too, because that will allow him to do a Stoiber and oppose the federal government from Bavaria at every corner. And that, he probably hopes, will put him in a strong position for the Bavarian state elections in 2023. And if that works out as planned, he's in the pole position for the next Bundestagswahl. Söder can bid his time, while Laschet can't. In fact, Laschet's time was up on Sunday evening, he just hasn't realised it...