• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Und nu? What is your prefered outcome?

• 🟥⬛

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 🟥🟩🟨

Votes: 182 79.5%
  • ⬛🟩🟨

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Neuwahlen

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 27 11.8%

• Total voters

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Always remember, folks. You heard it first from Bitch Budding.

I do 😅👍
and I still do not believe Söder is interested in inheriting Laschet's mess. Söder sees himself as a builder and not cleaning personal. If he plays his cards right, it might be difficult for CDU to reject him in four years and he can start from fresh, with a renewed, "clean-washed" CDU. A perfect starting position.

But it is an exciting and interesting situation. No idea why people are saying this is boring!

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a Gerrman, I prefer our boring politics as well. This election cycle was already a tad too American for my tastes with the brazen lies, character assassination campaigns etc. (mostly coming from the right, obviously)

That would cause a huge public uproar at this point.
well it was an epic fail from both baerbock and laschet.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm afraid that was just the beginning. Just wait until Bild Youtube / TV becomes our Fox News.

I do not know. It is the same shit, but in video form. BILD is influencing this republic since forever and we are still here.
Also their budget and production values are so low, it is hard to take them seriously. I turned it on briefly today to see what is going on there and they were talking about Angelina Jolie dating somebody new. Giving their best to make it sound exciting, but in such an amateurish form that I had tears rolling down my face from laughing.
In the end all they are doing is reaching the same audience that is already buying their daily toilet paper print. No need to worry.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm afraid that was just the beginning. Just wait until Bild Youtube / TV becomes our Fox News.
Definitely a concern I have. SpringerPresse outlets were always right-wing populist garbage but have become ever more similar to Fox News during Corona and during this election cycle. I hope we have regulations strong and thorough enough to not let this happen.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
well it was an epic fail from both baerbock and laschet.
I wouldn't call constant character assassination campaigns on Baerbock an "epic fail". It's laughable that her relatively harmless mistakes are put on the same level as the utterly corrupt and illegal shit Laschet has done.

Also, Greens gained a lot since last election, CDU/CSU crashed and burned.

Last edited:

AmFreak

Oct 26, 2017
»Spannende Tage für Deutschland, schwere Zeiten für die Union«, sagt Parteichef Markus Söder auf einer Pressekonferenz nach dem Treffen der CSU-Landesgruppe. Er gratuliert dem Wahlsieger Scholz. Es sei »wichtig, dass man ein Wahlergebnis respektiert«. Das sei bisher nicht ausreichend passiert – eine deutliche Spitze gegen CDU-Chef Armin Laschet. Er, Söder, tue das jetzt als CSU-Chef.

Scholz habe derzeit die besten Chancen, Kanzler zu werden. Aus dem Wahlergebnis lasse sich kein Regierungsauftrag für die Union legitimieren. Aber die Union sei bereit, Verantwortung zu übernehmen. Für einen Regierungsauftrag brauche es gesellschaftliche und moralische Legitimation. Es reiche nicht aus, allein »auf Mathematik zu setzen«.

Unterstützung für Laschets Jamaika-Hoffnungen sieht anders aus. Auch in der Frage, wann der Fraktionsvorsitzende gewählt werden soll, stellt sich die CSU gegen Laschet.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017

LOL
if the german news media could directly elect a chancellor, söder would get 100%

Last edited:

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
etQMdJg.jpeg

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Foreign Press: German politics is boring.
Germans waiting for CDU Fraktionssitzung:

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Brinkhaus bekräftigt, es könne keine Sondierungsgespräche ohne die Unionsfraktion geben. Konkret müssten Laschet und Söder als Parteichefs sowie Dobrindt als CSU-Landesgruppenchef und hoffentlich er als Fraktionschef dabei sein. Ihm sei sehr an einer harmonischen Sitzung gelegen, sagt Brinkhaus. Damit scheint eine Kampfabstimmung abgewendet – es sieht so aus, als sollte Brinkhaus für 6 Monate zum Fraktionschef gewählt werden.
Fraktionschef für sechs Monate – Laschet und Brinkhaus einigen sich - SPIEGEL.de

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't call constant character assassination campaigns on Baerbock an "epic fail". It's laughable that her relatively harmless mistakes are put on the same level as the utterly corrupt and illegal shit Laschet has done.

Also, Greens gained a lot since last election, CDU/CSU crashed and burned.
True. Very true. still Baerbock was not very convincing. Aside of the minor scandals she just did not come of as a competent candidate (Certainly better than Laschet but not better than Scholz in that regard).

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
Foreign Press: German politics is boring.
Germans waiting for CDU Fraktionssitzung:

Well, you gotta admit that watching the Union tearing itself apart with these intern squabbles, with Laschet's constant fuckups, etc. has been very entertaining and hilarious throughout the entire election season.

I still remember when they had that CDU party meeting earlier when they formally nominated Laschet as their candidate. It was online (or at least partly online) due to Covid, it ran on until well past midnight due to numerous technical issues and fuck-ups with the voting procedure, there was Schäuble who had at least one meltdown, there was Söder who seemed to find the entire thing quite amusing, and journalists were able to live tweet the entire shitshow, because whatever happened in that meeting was leaked in real time. Great stuff!

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
CDU-Chef Armin Laschet (60) hält ein Scheitern von Olaf Scholz' Koalitionsverhandlungen offenbar weiter für wahrscheinlich und spricht ihm ab, sich zum Wahlsieger erklären zu können.

In der Fraktionssitzung von CDU und CSU sagte er am Dienstagabend nach BILD-Informationen: "Niemand hat das Recht, sich zum Hauptwahlsieger zu erklären. Das gilt allerdings auch für uns."

Und: Es gebe "starke Signale aus der FDP, dass sie keine Ampel wollen – aber auch relevante Wünsche von Grünen nach Jamaika".

Der CDU-Chef: "Es ist nicht unmoralisch, auf Platz 2 eine Regierung zu bilden – das kam in der Bundesrepublik schon 28 Mal vor."

from bild (shitty tabloid, i know, but good sources within union).
laschet is morally bankrupt, even söder congratulated scholz. also like that he researched the 28 times.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Armin "The weasel" Laschet seems to survive another night. Incredible how he is able to wrap the CDU around his little finger. In this regard he is the anti-trump. The basis and voters hate him, but the party loves him for whatever unknown reason.
He is selling CDU the story that Scholz won't be able to lead coalitions talk, because of how he ruled Hamburg.
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he is negotiating with individual FDP members privately to sabotage Ampel.

CDU, power-hungry till the bitter end. Or as some people started calling them: Politiker mit Koruptionshintergrund.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
from bild (shitty tabloid, i know, but good sources within union).
laschet is morally bankrupt, even söder congratulated scholz. also like that he researched the 28 times.

Unbelievable how he manages to extend the embarrassment of Schröder 2005 to several days and Schröder at least had the excuse that he was drunk as a skunk at the the time.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
R7MJ2bc_d.webp

Just take the L already, Laschi.
The "... auch wir nicht." bit afterwards was even better. lol
No shit, Armin! No one in the Union is trying to do that, except maybe you.

The whole party is basically just facepalming and thinking about how to get rid of him already and maybe with a bit grace (if Armin can help himself).

Last edited:

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Thing is: Scholz was one of the big adversaries in the CO2 price legislation. Kretschmann apparently was very unhappy with him. It's a myth that only CDU/CSU were blocking tigher regulations, actually the so-called grand coalition aligned very well in this regard. The conversatives came from "but we need to protect the economy" standpoints (ignoring that companies were already much further) while social democrats feared surging costs for poorer parts of society with a steep CO2 price. Scholz in the election campaign time and time again tried to sell climate change as an industrial change-only program, which is something that the Greens will never accept IMO.

If Laschet really is as weak as people say, Greens and FDP might be able to push through a lot more than with Scholz.

I still find Scholz to be the likely chancellor but I wouldn't underestimate that Laschet and Lindner trust each other a lot. That's why despite the result I find CDU/CSU quite stupid to tear apart themselves all too soon. But if it leads to Ampel, then we'll take it.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing beats Schröder after he lost to Merkel though. That extra vanity and chauvinism

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

FDP and Greens already discussing how they can wring out SPD and CDU. (Photo was posted on all four accounts with the same caption)

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

FDP and Greens already discussing how they can wring out SPD and CDU. (Photo was posted on all four accounts with the same caption)

Well if anything I am pleased that it is possible in our country for parties that actually pursue very different interests to talk to each other constructively like that. That's a good thing and the difference between us and other countries.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We are taking the cult like behavior in US politics as the world standard and are pleased because FDP and Greens speak with each other. Great success? No it is how working democratic systems are supposed to function, and in no way a braking right.

All while ignoring that FDP and Greens are not talking to the party with the most votes, at all. They are preparing a list of demands instead, you could call it political black-mailing. Scholz was very quiet during Elefantenrunde because he knows that Greens + FDP are having the power now.

It is only possible because Laschet and CDU are the worst losers in the political history of this republic.
2005 Schröder was laughable, but the party at least talked sense into him quickly. AKK said yesterday that Laschet was the right candidate. CDU left the Republic and moved to the twilight zone. Nothing is unlawful here, but it is as politically corrupt as it gets. Both from Greens, FDP and CDU.

Machtgewinn und Erhalt am Wunsch der Wähler vorbei. Wie man das so beschönigen kann wundert mich sehr.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Simply not possible. FDP and Greens are not talking with SPD. Those two are creating the political program for the next government. The two parties that were not elected by around 90% of the people each.

I think you're a bit too doom here. Even if Greens and FDP talk to present the other two optional coalition partners their demands, they should well know that neither SPD and even CDU won't just say yes to every demand.

After all, an Ampel coalition has to okay'd by the SPD base, too. And if Laschet basically gives everything to Greens/FDP, the party will tear him a new one.

Given that more and more higher-ups in both Greens and FDP call say about the CDU that they're not in the condition to negotiate coalitions at all, i'm pretty convinced that they're pretty much already set about an Ampel and are just playing shy to not give the SPD a better position in talks.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think you're a bit too doom here. Even if Greens and FDP talk to present the other two optional coalition partners their demands, they should well know that neither SPD and even CDU won't just say yes to every demand.

After all, an Ampel coalition has to okay'd by the SPD base, too. And if Laschet basically gives everything to Greens/FDP, the party will tear him a new one.

Given that more and more higher-ups in both Greens and FDP call say about the CDU that they're not in the condition to negotiate coalitions at all, i'm pretty convinced that they're pretty much already set about an Ampel and are just playing shy to not give the SPD a better position in talks.

I'm a pessimist at heart, yes. But to my defense: I'm so used to hearing one thing from politicians only to see other results over and over again. First big waking up time was the 3% Mehrwertsteuer Erhöhung under Merkel.
CDU wanted 2% during Wahlkampf, SPD 0% and so naturally they both agreed on 3%. And everybody was fine with it, because they did it two years after Wahlkampf.
What politicians say on TV doesn't matter. You can vote, hope for the best and as a result grow your inner pessimist.
I'm preaching that there is no idealism in real politics and I stand by that.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
Simply not possible. FDP and Greens are not talking with SPD. Those two are creating the political program for the next government. The two parties that were not elected by around 90% of the people each.
It makes sense though. They know that any government has to be with these two parties. So they'll have to find common ground either way. Of course they won't commit to any of the big partners yet as that would weaken their hand in any talks with SPD (or CDU).

Still, it's weird to see Greens and FDP play the "lets happily work together" part.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All while ignoring that FDP and Greens are not talking to the party with the most votes, at all. They are preparing a list of demands instead, you could call it political black-mailing. Scholz was very quiet during Elefantenrunde because he knows that Greens + FDP are having the power now.
SPD and CDU both have sub 30% of the vote. They still got the most seats but they hardly represent a big part of the overall voter base. Greens + FDP together represent just as many people so of course they have more power than a small junior partner under a 40% party.

There are no Volksparteien anymore.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense though. They know that any government has to be with these two parties. So they'll have to find common ground either way. Of course they won't commit to any of the big partners yet as that would weaken their hand in any talks with SPD (or CDU).

Still, it's weird to see Greens and FDP play the "lets happily work together" part.

SPD and CDU both have sub 30% of the vote. They still got the most seats but they hardly represent a big part of the overall voter base. Greens + FDP together represent just as many people so of course they have more power than a small junior partner under a 40% party.

There are no Volksparteien anymore.

In this case CDU and SPD need to start talking with each other asap. This is coming from somebody who hates GroKo, but when the argument is that greens and fdp represent as many people as CDU and S alone than imagine how many people a GroKo can represent.
Just democrats talking with democrats, what's the big deal. I'm sure that is also representing voter will.

No it is not, but when we argue that talking with each other is great in general and Jamaika is a clear and worthwhile option for the Greens. While their positions could not have been more apart from CDU and FDP during Wahlkampf. Than GroKo should start talking too. Because voter will and expression doesn't matter anyway.

Pheonix Will

Sep 6, 2021

Well, it's a tactically smart decision. If they can provide a unified front (I have doubts they can) it will allow them to present that list of demands to both sides, inevitably both sides will agree with different items.

Then the Grune-FDP grouping can split them piece by piece.

"Oh..but, the Union are offering that. Why aren't you?"

"Oh…but the SPD are giving us that. Don't you want to become Chancellor?"

It's the correct tactical decision to make. They go in seperately the bigger parties can split them. They go in unified they can attempt to play the big parties against each other.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, and this is exactly why SPD and Union will also talk with each other. Not because they (or anyone else) want to, but because they are forced to do so in order to enhance their bargaining power.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In this case CDU and SPD need to start talking with each other asap. This is coming from somebody who hates GroKo, but when the argument is that greens and fdp represent as many people as CDU and S alone than imagine how many people a GroKo can represent.
Just democrats talking with democrats, what's the big deal. I'm sure that is also representing voter will.

No it is not, but when we argue that talking with each other is great in general and Jamaika is a clear and worthwhile option for the Greens. While their positions could not have been more apart from CDU and FDP during Wahlkampf. Than GroKo should start talking too. Because voter will and expression doesn't matter anyway.
Of course they are free to talk, but none of the parties actually want that right now as long as other options are available. CDU doesn't want to be junior partner and SPD doesn't want another GroKo. That coalition option is also more unpopular compared to Ampel in polls.