• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Und nu? What is your prefered outcome?

• 🟥⬛

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 🟥🟩🟨

Votes: 182 79.5%
  • ⬛🟩🟨

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Neuwahlen

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 27 11.8%

• Total voters

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All green party members or working for them in Parlament, that I know, agree that Baerbock is better with facts. Know them, gets them right , doers not digherself into a grave.
That is why she was chosen.
And I agree as well that if you heard Habeck live, he tends to go off the rails and starts telling stories, which would not survive a fact check...

Hmm interesting. While Baerbock did a great job in the last two Triells (what an incredibly terrible word btw) and won them, IMO.

Habeck always appeared rational and well prepared on the few political talk shows I've seen him
But that's already the limit of my experience.

Please go on, I care to know why you do not think that the legal agreement of marriage is not beneficial to raising children. Maybe I'm missing something?

Because I like the feeling that my children will get 50% of my wifes and my property immediately after my death and still 25% of my wifes should she remarry.

I like the feeling that my wife will get Witwenrente that will help her a bit to raise our children.

I like that Vaterschaft is immediately clear and set in stone in a marriage. It builds financial stability and certainty for children and a legal ground should somebody try to get out.

I also like that you can take in your partner into your medical plan under certain circumstances.

Last edited:

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Wow so people that are not rich dont matter?
Try again or drop it.

and i explicitely said multiple times that the constitution says that families should be protected.
and i explicitely said multiple times that the constitution says that families should be protected.
That was my point all along. We dont have an alternative yet. its not clearly communicated. Just saying the taxbrackets for married couples should be abolished doesnt help because it would simply mean a tax hike for married couples.
ehegattensplitting does not protect family. Ehegattensplitting does not lead to family. What a stupid argument to make.

before you need alternatives, we need to accept that the current form needs a make over. People like you who insist it doesnt are the proof that any talk about change is a good talk.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Please go on, I care to know why you do not think that the legal agreement of marriage is not beneficial to raising children. Maybe I'm missing something?

Because I like the feeling that my children will get 50% of my wifes and my property immediately after my death and still 25% of my wifes should she remarry.

I like the feeling that my wife will get Witwenrente that will help her a bit to raise our children.

I like that Vaterschaft is immediately clear and set in stone in a marriage. It builds financial stability and certainty for children and a legal ground should somebody try to get out.

I also like that you can take in your partner into your medical plan under certain circumstances.
The whole argument is, that we know this is the way it is today, but I believe what Rory is arguing for is that all these basic protections should apply to children outside of wedlock too.
The law places too much emphasis on "the traditional family".

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
To come back to the actual election ...

It's election week!

Make sure everyone who can either goes to vote, or hurries up to get their vote-per-mail documents.

If you wanna vote per mail, i think you can rest easy as long as you dispatch them before this weeks thursday.

GO VOTE!

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Not every marriage will, must nor should bear a child. What you are saying here is that you benefit marriages in the hope of children being born in it. How does that make sense?

Children are not more or less likely born in families thanks to the concept of marriage. Given the fact that marriage have a pretty high divorce quota, the question remains how beneficial is marriage really in ensuring that families are stable?

The difference between married and not married should not define a relationships stability. I have had a more stable relationship than most of my married acquaintances.

None of this should be exclusive to children of married couples. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Why'd it be relevant whether or not your mother is married that you receive inheritance. It's not, and that's why you can inherit even without marriage.

Vaterschaft is not immediately clear thanks to marriage. It is easier entered when a child is BORN out of that marriage (lets just hope its not a kuckkuckskind 🤷🏻‍♀️). However especially in patchwork families being married means shit.

All this is about relationships and not whether or not someone decided to stick a ring on someone else's finger.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Remember some dumbfuck on twitter who told me, more people should just invest their little money so they could buy a house on the land sometimes.
Heck, that idiot even told me, they should invest the money they got from Hartz IV. Telling me how they have no fucking idea about Hartz IV, without saying that they don't know jack shit.
Was of course a FDP member.

And the FDP now claims that their "Liberales Bürgergeld" doesn't take away your additional earnings like Hartz IV... only that their program explicitly says, that they will still take away 80% of your additional earnings if you earn something between 100€ and 400€

E_txfDLXsAEOp6w

I feel dirty defending the FDP but you are reading it the wrong way around. They are taking away 20% between 100 and 400€. "Abrechnung" means the amount added from the Bürgergeld or whatever they call it.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Try again or drop it.

ehegattensplitting does not protect family. Ehegattensplitting does not lead to family. What a stupid argument to make.

before you need alternatives, we need to accept that the current form needs a make over. People like you who insist it doesnt are the proof that any talk about change is a good talk.

Well actually ehegattensplitting was introduced as a reaction to a decision of the federal constitutional court that voided a tax that specifically penalized married couples ("Ehestrafsteuer"). So yes, the conception from it is.

DFR - BVerfGE 6, 55 - Steuersplitting

Das Fallrecht (DFR) -- Gerichtsentscheidungen im juristischen Studium
The whole argument is, that we know this is the way it is today, but I believe what Rory is arguing for is that all these basic protections should apply to children outside of wedlock too.
Which is also mandated by constitution for what its worth.

Last edited:

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Well actually ehegattensplitting was introduced as a reaction to a decision of the federal constitutional court that voided a tax that specifically penalized married couples ("Ehestrafsteuer"). So yes, the conception from it is.

DFR - BVerfGE 6, 55 - Steuersplitting

Das Fallrecht (DFR) -- Gerichtsentscheidungen im juristischen Studium

Which is also mandated by constitution for what its worth.

Art 6

(1) Ehe und Familie stehen unter dem besonderen Schutze der staatlichen Ordnung.
(2) Pflege und Erziehung der Kinder sind das natürliche Recht der Eltern und die zuvörderst ihnen obliegende Pflicht. Über ihre Betätigung wacht die staatliche Gemeinschaft.
(3) Gegen den Willen der Erziehungsberechtigten dürfen Kinder nur auf Grund eines Gesetzes von der Familie getrennt werden, wenn die Erziehungsberechtigten versagen oder wenn die Kinder aus anderen Gründen zu verwahrlosen drohen.
(4) Jede Mutter hat Anspruch auf den Schutz und die Fürsorge der Gemeinschaft.
(5) Den unehelichen Kindern sind durch die Gesetzgebung die gleichen Bedingungen für ihre leibliche und seelische Entwicklung und ihre Stellung in der Gesellschaft zu schaffen wie den ehelichen Kindern.
I'd like to know why you think that Ehegattensplitting is benefiting families at all. Why do you think is it good (and protective of the concept of marriage) to make people enter marriage for financial gain?

How do you think does (4) and (5) work well with the fact that unmarried families, mothers and children are treated differently?

Ehegattensplitting is outdated bullshit and should be treated as such.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
To come back to the actual election ...

It's election week!

And BILD does what BILD does best:

www.bild.de

Letzte Umfrage vor der Wahl - Scholz-Vorsprung schmilzt

Lange haben CDU und CSU nur davon gesprochen, jetzt ist sie wirklich da: die Trendwende!Die Union holt im INSA-Meinungstrend für BILD gewaltig auf die SPD auf. Der Vorsprung von Olaf Scholz auf Armin Laschet schmilzt. Wo die Deutschen kurz vor der Wahl ihr Kreuzchen setzen wollen und welche...

[Vorsprung schmilzt gewaltig]

Narrator:
=> CDU +1
=> SPD -1,5

Error margin: >2%....

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
So, looking at the (I guess final) poll of this thread, if Germany Era was to solely decide the election, the CDU/CSU, FDP and AFD would be kicked out of the Bundestag, with Green presumably ending up with an absolute majority (if you ignore the 36% who went Thor 2 or are ineligible) and SPD and Linke being the only remaining, and much smaller opposition parties.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

www.bild.de

Lange haben CDU und CSU nur davon gesprochen, jetzt ist sie wirklich da: die Trendwende!Die Union holt im INSA-Meinungstrend für BILD gewaltig auf die SPD auf. Der Vorsprung von Olaf Scholz auf Armin Laschet schmilzt. Wo die Deutschen kurz vor der Wahl ihr Kreuzchen setzen wollen und welche...

Narrator:
=> CDU +1
=> SPD -1,5

BILD sure love their hyperboles. I wonder what their Era account is.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, looking at the (I guess final) poll of this thread, if Germany Era was to solely decide the election, the CDU/CSU, FDP and AFD would be kicked out of the Bundestag, with Green presumably ending up with an absolute majority (if you ignore the 36% who went Thor 2 or are ineligible) and SPD and Linke being the only remaining, and much smaller opposition parties.

how wonderful that would be :)

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017

www.bild.de

Narrator:
=> CDU +1
=> SPD -1,5

Given how often the BLÖD shoots against Merkel, i wonder why they're staning so hard for who's initially be called "Male Merkel".

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Ah, I get that. I do not even know what traditional family is supposed to mean. Man, Woman, two kids and a dog? Just to make one thing clear: f* that shit. Family is different things to different people.

For basic level of child protection. "Father"hood (and in some cases motherhood) will always be difficult without legal contracts prior (e.g. marriage) or after birth (adoption). You need a formal contract, something legally binding so that partners can be sued for support.
You also need some kind of legal contract between partners regulating heritage. This isn't America where family (children, husband, wife) can be excluded and that's GOOD!

Not every marriage will, must nor should bear a child.

I agree and never claimed it should. I said that it is a private decision that doesn't need my approval and that doesn't need to be discussed.

What you are saying here is that you benefit marriages in the hope of children being born in it.

No, what I'm trying to say is that we married because we wanted children. It's the opposite of what you are saying. It is giving my wife, our children and me a certain level of security that I want for them and wouldn't have without being married.

Given the fact that marriage have a pretty high divorce quota, the question remains how beneficial is marriage really in ensuring that families are stable?

I do not know, but I also never claimed that marriages are making stable families. I said it is giving my children a bit more certainty in the case of a disaster. Independent of my personal stance, I will be forced to support my children in case of a divorce, I will need to take care of my wife etc. Those are good things Rory.

The difference between married and not married should not define a relationships stability. I have had a more stable relationship than most of my married acquaintances.

Please listen to what I am saying and not to what you think I am saying! I'm not talking about love, care or loyalty. I explicitly said that you have to stop thinking about marriage in that romantic, Stone Age christian way.
Marriage is a legal contract, that both my wife and me are using to guarantee certain things.

I'll try to reformulated my thoughts in German.

Du musst zwischen Ehe und "Qualität der Beziehung" unterscheiden. Das sind wirklich zwei ganz unterschiedliche Dinge auf juristischer Ebene. Und da wir hier über Politik reden, reden wir über die juristische Ehe. Auch wenn ich kein Anwalt bin; diese hat nichts mit Liebe zu tun.
Trotzdem will ich die Rechtssicherheit einer amtlichen Ehebeziehung nicht miesen. Sowas ist wichtig, auch für die Versorgungssicherheit von Kindern!
Wenn du sagst das du, unverheiratet glücklicher bist als viele verheiratet Bekannte dann glaube ich dir das sofort. Denn Ehe ist nicht gleichzusetzen mit guter Beziehung, noch sollte es so verstanden werden. Das heißt aber nicht, dass man sie als Rechtsform abschaffen muss oder dass sie schlecht ist.

Last edited:

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Please listen to what I am saying and not to what you think I am saying! I'm not talking about love, care or loyalty. I explicitly said that you have to stop thinking about marriage in that romantic, Stone Age christian way.
Marriage is a legal contract, that both my wife and me are using to guarantee certain things.

I'll try to reformulated my thoughts in German.

Du musst zwischen Ehe und "Qualität der Beziehung" unterscheiden. Das sind wirklich zwei ganz unterschiedliche Dinge auf juristischer Ebene. Und da wir hier über Politik reden, reden wir über die juristische Ehe. Auch wenn ich kein Anwalt bin: Ehe hat nichts mit Liebe zu tun.
Trotzdem will ich die Rechtssicherheit einer amtlichen Ehebeziehung nicht miesen. Sowas ist wichtig, auch für die Versorgungssicherheit von Kindern!
Wenn du sagst dass du, unverheiratet glücklicher bist als viele verheiratet Bekannte dann glaube ich dir das sofort. Denn Ehe ist nicht gleichzusetzen mit guter Beziehung, noch sollte es so verstanden werden. Das heißt aber nicht, dass man sie als Rechtsform abschaffen muss oder dass sie schlecht ist.
I do not think the discussion was about whether marriage should be abolished, merely about tax benefits.

Such tax benefits could be motivated by two things, I believe. One is that the state wants more people to be married, regardless of them having kids. This feels silly to me, and only justifiable with a highly conservative worldview. The other is that the state wants to help people have kids. So aside from direct financial benefits (Kindergeld) you also reduce the amount of taxes they pay.
However, if that's the sole justification, then I agree with Rory that those tax benefits should not be linked to marital status, but merely to raising children, regardless of parents being married or not.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever, if that's the sole justification, then I agree with @Rory that those tax benefits should not linked to marital status, but merely to raising children, regardless of parents being married or not.

I agree to that since the beginning of the discussion. Yes this is 100% true and what some of us hope will happen with Kinderssicherung and the proposed removal of the couple-splitting tax haven that mostly benefits married couples without children.
Still marriage is also bringing more legal benefits.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
I do not think the discussion was about whether marriage should be abolished, merely about tax benefits.

Such tax benefits could be motivated by two things, I believe. One is that the state wants more people to be married, regardless of them having kids. This feels silly to me, and only justifiable with a highly conservative worldview. The other is that the state wants to help people have kids. So aside from direct financial benefits (Kindergeld) you also reduce the amount of taxes they pay.
However, if that's the sole justification, then I agree with Rory that those tax benefits should not be linked to marital status, but merely to raising children, regardless of parents being married or not.
Exactly this.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Being pro-nuclear energy is basically political suicide here in Germany. Everyone wants CHEAP energy, but no one wants new nuclear plants within a 300km radius around their backyard.
Abandoning nuclear power this fast was the dumbest thing this country has done in the past 20 years and it continues to baffle me how any party is talking about abandoning coal energy by 2030 without nuclear power. As you said the topic is toxic in germany so it is what it is but as i said it's utterly bizarre with all the talk about transforming the economy because of climate change.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jetzt hat die CDU eine Twitter Kampagne am Laufen bei der Laschet irgendwelche Ferkeleien mit ET machen soll.
Oder er macht Werbung für eine Machete.
Irgendwie nicht so ganz ersichtlich.

Ehrlich wer sich LaschetMachEt ausgedacht hat war ein Idiot.

Frankfurter

Oct 27, 2017
Abandoning nuclear power this fast was the dumbest thing this country has done in the past 20 years and it continues to baffle me how any party is talking about abandoning coal energy by 2030 without nuclear power. As you said the topic is toxic in germany so it is what it is but as i said it's utterly bizarre with all the talk about transforming the economy because of climate change.

These parties are the ones that actually wanna build up lots of green energy. And then it all makes total sense.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
These parties are the ones that actually wanna build up lots of green energy. And then it all makes total sense.
Which is totally what i'm on board with but completely delusional when you factor in political and economic reality of germany by 2030.

Instead of nuclear + renewables we'll just have renewables and coal until atleast 2035.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Which is totally what i'm on board with but completely delusional when you factor in political and economic reality of germany by 2030.

Instead of nuclear + renewables we'll just have renewables and coal until atleast 2035.
Delusional is, to rescue earth from climate change just to poison it with radioactive waste we can't dispose of.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody wants nuclear energy or a plant nearby. Nobody wants a repository and those operating these plants don't want to insure their plants.
Especially after Fukushima with the "Rücktritt vom Rücktritt" which cost us billions, nobody really wants to reactivate this.

But yeah, given the technology, how many people died indirectly to nuclear energy compared to coal, the scientific way shoudl have been to close coal plants way earlier and first. But Germany always had a string anti-nuclear movement, which manifested into the Green Party and there is a big cultural tradition in mining especially in NRW, Saarland and Sachsen.

Then again, we don't know how the waste will poison our planet, there is always that lingering danger of a GAU and studies showed that we can run entirely on renewable energy if we want to. And that was always the biggest problem: The politics not wanting to or actually hindering having more energy by solar and wind.

Frankfurter

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody wants nuclear energy or a plant nearby. Nobody wants a repository and those operating these plants don't want to insure their plants.
Especially after Fukushima with the "Rücktritt vom Rücktritt" which cost us billions, nobody really wants to reactivate this.

But yeah, given the technology, how many people died indirectly to nuclear energy compared to coal, the scientific way shoudl have been to close coal plants way earlier and first. But Germany always had a string anti-nuclear movement, which manifested into the Green Party and there is a big cultural tradition in mining especially in NRW, Saarland and Sachsen.

Then again, we don't know how the waste will poison our planet, there is always that lingering danger of a GAU and studies showed that we can run entirely on renewable energy if we want to. And that was always the biggest problem: The politics not wanting to or actually hindering having more energy by solar and wind.

I really don't know if you are quoting the right person/post, as your answer doesn't seem to be connected to my question.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
https://www.welt.de/politik/bundest...-Live-Habeck-SPD-war-haeufig-Problembaer.html

Grünen-Co-Chef Robert Habeck will sich vor der Bundestagswahl nicht auf die Union oder die SPD als möglichen Koalitionspartner festlegen. Im Interview mit WELT Fernsehen bejahte Habeck eine größere inhaltliche Nähe zur SPD. "Es gibt eine politische Nähe aus der Geschichte heraus", sagte Habeck. "Aber die SPD war auch häufig Problembär, bei all den politischen Diskussionen für die Zukunft und gerade beim Klimaschutz."

Gleichzeitig wisse man auch, wie man mit der Union klarkomme, sagte Habeck. "Wir reden mit allen und da, wo wir am meisten grüne Inhalte, und das ist eben am meisten Klimaschutz, umsetzen werden, da werden wir dann in die Regierung gehen."

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at what happened at Idar-Oberstein ... that constant fearmongering of the CDU about the "Linksrutsch" is both, even more pathetic yet dangerous than i previously thought.

This is one strange statement. Mention how the SPD has been a downer on climate protection, yet they somehow know how to deal with the CDU? I really wanna know how they think they can deal with the CDU about climate protection when said party is probably the no. 1 downer on the topic (among all parties that aren't brown faschist assholes).

Same with the Greens firing a lot against Scholz right now, dunno about this.

Even the most optimistic in the party should know that there's like no chance to end up the strongest party in the election, trying to steal votes from the SPD might backfire if this ends up making the CDU the election winner.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
This is one strange statement. Mention how the SPD has been a downer on climate protection, yet they somehow know how to deal with the CDU? I really wanna know how they think they can deal with the CDU about climate protection when said party is probably the no. 1 downer on the topic (among all parties that aren't brown faschist assholes).

Same with the Greens firing a lot against Scholz right now, dunno about this.

Even the most optimistic in the party should know that there's like no chance to end up the strongest party in the election, trying to steal votes from the SPD might backfire if this ends up making the CDU the election winner.
to be fair i support spd, but i just don't get the strategy here, they risk losing voters to spd who want to prevent laschet/union.
could have just said they prefer spd, but don't rule coalition with union out.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Baebock is going to get axed once the election is over. Habeck may be more keen to work with laschet.
I doubt it. The Greens have a pretty strong women mandate and need high profile women in all places. She may be in a weaker position, but I expect her to become a minister.

I am very surprised to see that 1.1% of all voters here are going to vote for the right extremist party AfD.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
to be fair i support spd, but i just don't get the strategy here, they risk losing voters to spd who want to prevent laschet/union.
could have just said they prefer spd, but don't rule coalition with union out.

I mean, yeah that's what i'm saying. At this point, it's not a good idea to attack the party you're most likely want to govern with. The attacks should go against CDU, FDP (and of course, and always, AfD).

I also feel like trying to position your party as "we're not automatically RRG or Ampel or Linksrutsch", what i think they might be trying here, is basically giving the CDU "Linksrutsch" fearmongering some validity, implying that this bullshit actually works outside of some loonheads.

They should focus on mobilizing their whole voter base or what they can potentially reach, some slight flirting with the CDU will do the opposite.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
So what do people think about the reform of tax brackets (So called splitting). SPD, linke and green want to end the tax bracket for married couples/ families. Since probably no spouses will make exactly the same amount of money this will mean a huge tax increase for married couples/ families.
One of the few points of policy where I disagree with the Greens. It will not be a tax hike for existing families, but it will make the classical family structure basically unviable for a pretty huge part of the society in the future. I feel this is not an improvement. I am all for giving people a choice, but the splitting system does just that, it allows couples to get into a single economical entity relationship and to dsitribute work between the couple liberally. Since marriage also comes with quite a few responsibilities (e.g. if you split up, the retirement payments will be split up 50:50 and the monetary gain over the time of the marriage will be split up 50:50) that are consistent with treating married couples as a unit, I think this should not be changed. I guess it is a misunderstood interpretation for feminism, where the freedom to choose a career or to spend most of the time with family care is being exchanged with strong push towards carreer. But it just is not what everyone wants. My wife, for instance, is pretty furious about this and feels quite a bit disrespected by the left wing parties (even though she herself is voting The Left) basically wanting to invalidate her life choice.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
A marriage does not keep people together, it's up to whether you truly want to be with your partner or not. But the idea as marriage as shackle in eternity is so outdated, ...
Maybe to you, but when I gave my wife the promise to stay with her until I die, I meant it. There are very very very few reasons under which I would deem divorce acceptable and it's basically limited to violence against the partner or children.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Maybe to you, but when I gave my wife the promise to stay with her until I die, I meant it. There are very very very few reasons under which I would deem divorce acceptable and it's basically limited to violence against the partner or children.
The point Rory is making is that there shouldn't be the concept of a "marriage" to do this. The same rules should be applicable to any partnership in an official, contractual way, without the concept of a church behind it, if all partners agree to it.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The point Rory is making is that there shouldn't be the concept of a "marriage" to do this. The same rules should be applicable to any partnership in an official, contractual way, without the concept of a church behind it, if all partners agree to it.
There is no concept of a church behind marriage we are talking about here. It is a civil law institution and doesnt require any blessing from any church. It is customary in germany that you have a marriage in a church as well but thats no requirement for the legal effect.

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It's clear to me that Habeck favors a Jamaika coalition. Anne Will was the final proof. False attacking Esken / Scholz so that at the end of the show his statement "Das ist nicht die Position von Herr Scholz / das steht nicht im Wahlprogramm der SPD" stands, though it is just false and untrue. And then we had the bromance between him and Lindner. It was kinda grotesque seeing Habeck defending Lindner.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's clear to me that Habeck favors a Jamaika coalition. Anne Will was the final proof. False attacking Esken / Scholz so that at the end of the show his statement "Das ist nicht die Position von Herr Scholz / das steht nicht im Wahlprogramm der SPD" stands, though it is just false and untrue. And then we had the bromance between him and Lindner. It was kinda grotesque seeing Habeck defending Lindner.
But will they legalize it?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Delusional is, to rescue earth from climate change just to poison it with radioactive waste we can't dispose of.
Nobody here in this thread at least is suggesting to keep the current kind of nuclear plants around forever. Fact is, coal energy extraction is far more deadly than nuclear is per TWh. It would have made a lot more sense to get rid of more coal plants first and nuclear plants afterwards once renewables and new battery tech can ensure a certain baseload. Would help the fight against climate change as well.

I do not understand why nuclear should go first when coal is actively poisoning a lot more people. And in safe storage of radioactive waste there is at least motivation to innovate on safer measures or even reuse it, because though it will take long, at some point there will be viable reactors where waste is reused or waste with a lot smaller half life is generated. Air pollution reduction from coal plants we wont deal with anymore in a few years/decades? Not so much.

Last edited:

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Jetzt hat die CDU eine Twitter Kampagne am Laufen bei der Laschet irgendwelche Ferkeleien mit ET machen soll.
Oder er macht Werbung für eine Machete.
Irgendwie nicht so ganz ersichtlich.

Ehrlich wer sich LaschetMachEt ausgedacht hat war ein Idiot.
"et" is a local way of saying "es" in northrhine westfalia, where Laschet is coming from. So what this is supposed to say is "Lachet, do it!"

Marriage is independent of the church. I, for instance, am married, by state (which is the only relevant thing for taxes) and the German Humanists. That being said, marriage is open to any pair of people who love each other (though that part is hard to check formally) and are willing to take the responsibilities for each other that a marriage entails. Marriage gives certain securities to the children and to the partner that is the economically weaker of the two and puts certain burdens on splitting (it is possible, but it is not as easy as without a marriage, for a good reason). I do not see how it is discriminatory to any LGBT person, the only thing that is tough with that is polyamory, or certain versions of it (where there does not exist a primary partner). But the legal consequences of marriage would be pretty difficult to extend to multi person partnerships.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
"et" is a local way of saying "es" in northrhine westfalia, where Laschet is coming from. So what this is supposed to say is "Lachet, do it!"

he knows that. he was making fun of the hashtag.
Marriage is independent of the church. I, for instance, am married, by state (which is the only relevant thing for taxes) and the German Humanists. That being said, marriage is open to any pair of people who love each other (though that part is hard to check formally) and are willing to take the responsibilities for each other that a marriage entails. Marriage gives certain securities to the children and to the partner that is the economically weaker of the two and puts certain burdens on splitting (it is possible, but it is not as easy as without a marriage, for a good reason). I do not see how it is discriminatory to any LGBT person, the only thing that is tough with that is polyamory, or certain versions of it (where there does not exist a primary partner). But the legal consequences of marriage would be pretty difficult to extend to multi person partnerships.
why can't it be and why is it good, that it is the way it is?

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
why can't it be and why is it good, that it is the way it is?
So just to make this more readable, you are asking me whx it is good that it is difficult to split up in a marriage. My answer has many facettes.

• The marriage is guaranteed to be protected by the constitution, I understand this as also protecting it against rash decision making
  • The marriage makes an economical unit out of the married pair, which comes with privileges and responsibilities. Splitting up because the responsibilities come into play more prominently (e.g. when one partner gets sick or gains a new handicap) should therefore be discouraged.
  • Marriage also supports certain life models which hinge on both partners being faithful to the promise of sticking together until the end of their lives, e.g. unequal distribution between economical work and family care work. There are systems in place to ensure that a split (in a marriage) does not become entirely lopsided in such a case, but it will always be a bad situation for the partner who chose to predominantly or exclusively work for family care. This, in particular, is, why the spousal tax splitting is limited to marriage: It, together with adjacent systems such as widow retirement pay enables a choice in life that is only advisable if both partners reliably stay in a relationship for the rest of their lives.
If marriage makes any sense as a legal status (and I think it does) it only does so with some hurdles to breaking the oath.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
welt.de, t-online, bild all say that the trendwende is here. nothing will stop the laschet train.