• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Und nu? What is your prefered outcome?

• 🟥⬛

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 🟥🟩🟨

Votes: 182 79.5%
  • ⬛🟩🟨

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Neuwahlen

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 27 11.8%

• Total voters

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017

People from Rheinland-Pfalz: "We fail to see the problem here?"

If you think the CDU is scummy now wait until they lost the election, laschet has to resign and the right wing takes over the party

To be honest, i see Söder breaking with the CDU if they start flirting with the AfD. He is a massive populist always saying what's good right now, but his stance on the AfD feels sincere.

FuzzyWuzzy

Prophet of Truth
Apr 7, 2019
Austria
Oh yeah, something I'm a fan of and funny enough is something firends and I discussed a few year back is creating a better european train network
with bullet trains all over the continent only stopping at major cities to standardize the infrastructure, use all that interest free money to invest and
create jobs and strengthen the EU has now somewhat popped up as an proposal by The Grüne.
They wanna create an european wide night train network, to minimize the use of planes which I think is great. Sure it would benefit Germany as the central country in Europe but imagine traveling from one major city to the other without all the check in shit at any airport and arriving at your destination the next morning.

Gonna hope that that map is not the final draft?
But yeah the idea is great and honestly train travel needs to be pushed harder, especially night trains

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
f591b647a2fbf9d1.jpg

Don't trust a statistic that you didn't fake yourself.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
People from Rheinland-Pfalz: "We fail to see the problem here?"

To be honest, i see Söder breaking with the CDU if they start flirting with the AfD. He is a massive populist always saying what's good right now, but his stance on the AfD feels sincere.

CSU is the most right-leaning part of the CDU/CSU coalition and they still have the AFD at double digits in Bavaria, even while they try to out-AFD the AFD in certain policies.
Of course he is anti AFD; because he can't go more to the right and is fishing for the same voters as the AFD.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, i see Söder breaking with the CDU if they start flirting with the AfD.

Like completely brake? End the communion for good?
That would leave the CSU having to fight on their own and against CDU in the rest of the republic.
I really hope this is going to happen one day.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
What's there to doub? They had the chance already and didn't do it. We literally have a CDU-SPD-Green coalition in Saxony(!).
At a local level we get news all the time that they voted together, and we all know that many of their members are just itching to while being whistled back by Berlin. It's not for a lack of trying or lack of desire. I'd wager it's just a matter of time.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

If you want to follow the tweets of Binkowska they are something.

lmao they pushed Scholz for like 5 minutes why he won't kids from 3rd world countries into Germany after saying that many are drowning while trying to come over. "It's unfair they can't come to us"
I don't see Scholz complaining about the Interview being confrontational

Oct 25, 2017
At a local level we get news all the time that they voted together, and we all know that many of their members are just itching to while being whistled back by Berlin. It's not for a lack of trying or lack of desire. I'd wager it's just a matter of time.
Yes, that's kind of my point. If that "Berlin whistle" ceases to exist, we could get conservative/right-wing coalitions in Germany. I do not want that to happen.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know, still very very different than a coalition.

I understand what you are trying to say. CDU is certainly denying AfD votes. A CDU completely gone would mean there is no alternative for "conservatives" and rights. AfD would grow significantly.

But CSU would probably take over the conservative, non AfD voters on Bundesebene (German "global" level).CDU would just loose its role as a Volkspartei (big party, elected by many people). Which would be fair enough.

Also the reason why both CDU and CSU will never split apart tbh.

(Why are parties with "Social" in their names (like CSU) often the most unsocial, right winged parties btw?)

Last edited:

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Is "Öffentlicher Nahverkehr ausbauen" connected to "cheap prices", because if you just add more bus lines or train lines, but its still far more expensive to use them, whats the point?

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Is "Öffentlicher Nahverkehr ausbauen" connected to "cheap prices", because if you just add more bus lines or train lines, but its still far more expensive to use them, whats the point?
It's to make public transit a better option for a lot of people. Offer different lines for more flexibility, increase connectivity of underserved regions etc.

AmFreak

Oct 26, 2017
The interview might have been the final nail in the coffin according to polls.
Union uptrend has stopped and in both polls from today they are back to 20%.
The grand coalition also is close to loosing it's majority, in one it it 46 vs 46 against the rest and in the other 45/44, Sonstige at 8 and 10, including FW at 3.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

That's the problem with those bullet points, isn't it? They are worthless.

afaik:

There are currently pilot projects running in Baden-Württemberg. A couple financed by the green state-government and at least one by the federal-government.
The projects by the green state government concentrates on establishing more connections, for longer parts of the day (05:00 - 24:00) and on holidays. It concentrates on rural areas. They are testing out an on-demand bus system + build new bus stops, and try for better Bus + S-Bahn synchonisation.

The federal program is being used in a SPD lead city and mainly tries to find out if "city emissions" can be lowered by making ÖPVN (public transportation) more attractive. They are subsidising ticket prices a bit and introducing new lines, renovating stations, old tracks are being replaced and redesigned with significantly more green spaces and trees. Street level "Downtown" parking spaces for cars are being reduced as well. The city plans to make its ÖPVN emission free by 2030 and feels like a gigantic construction site currently.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just my personal Twitter trends, or has #CDUGate started trending for someone else?

Are you telling me the FIU investigation is blowing up in CDU's face?
I guess the self sacrifice by Scholz's state-secretary was worth it.

so much for:
e_agqnfwyaysb_p07kl4.jpeg

"In an emergency situation; let's force it!"
- leaked, internal CDU video. They used a scene from "the wolf of wall street" with fake subtitles to fire up their campaign workers.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Are you telling me the FIU investigation is blowing up in CDU's face?
I guess the self sacrifice by Scholz's state-secretary was worth it.

Well it's getting some movement on twitter, blowing up dunno. At least not yet.

Also depends on the mass media to actually report about it. I'm surprised the Tagesthemen did it already.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
It's to make public transit a better option for a lot of people. Offer different lines for more flexibility, increase connectivity of underserved regions etc.

But if prices wont change, whats the use of it? I can guess it might make sense for people in underserved regions, but e.g. its still far cheaper to drive to Cologne or Düsseldorf with a car, pay parking there, pay gas, pay car taxes than to drive to those cities with a train. And those cities are just 20km-30km away from where I live.
If we talk about even less distances like driving to my downtown, 6km, a bus ticket there and back with my wife, I would pay around 10€. Checking gas prices its 1.30€ to drive there and come back home.

This is something that I feel needs to be tackled in the same debate.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ich habe das Gefühl, dass nicht mal die meisten Leute die #CDUgate auf Twitter nutzen verstehen um was es geht.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
CDU is getting closer and closer to GOP/Trump level election campaigns.

Kinda expecting them to coalesce with the AFD in a few years if they are struggle to get in power.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
But if prices wont change, whats the use of it? I can guess it might make sense for people in underserved regions, but e.g. its still far cheaper to drive to Cologne or Düsseldorf with a car, pay parking there, pay gas, pay car taxes than to drive to those cities with a train. And those cities are just 20km-30km away from where I live.
If we talk about even less distances like driving to my downtown, 6km, a bus ticket there and back with my wife, I would pay around 10€. Checking gas prices its 1.30€ to drive there and come back home.

This is something that I feel needs to be tackled in the same debate.

A monthly bus ticket to the next smaller city, little over 10km away, costs 90€. 20-22 workdays a month brings it to 400-440km. This is about as much as driving car at 7-8l/100 km. But even the earliest Bus is too late for most shift workers so it's not an option.

I get that single ticket prices can get ridiculous, but "Nahverkehr ausbauen" could do much in many of the more remote locations, that don't even offer the option to go to work by bus or train. Every family here needs two cars right now.

AmFreak

Oct 26, 2017
CDU is getting closer and closer to GOP/Trump level election campaigns.

Kinda expecting them to coalesce with the AFD in a few years if they are struggle to get in power.
Don't see that, because the harm would far outweigh whatever gain you can expect.
They would loose core voters and a huge chunk of their potential voters from that taboo break, while at the same time legitimizing/creating a direct competitor for their remaining voters.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

You know, sometimes, it isn't a question about money, but a question about availability.
Ask someone who lives near a line that gets a bus/train every 10 to 30 minutes if they want more ÖNV or better prices, most will say better prices.

But someone on the outskirts who is on the lesser driven lines?
Or the poor saps in the villages who only get busses into the city because of school kids, and don't have any way to get into the city on weekends or when school is out. They would gladly pay the prices if the bus would just come more often.
The village of my mother has 400 people or so (halved in the last 20 years), the bus comes 3 times a day, in the morning when the kids are getting carted to school, at noon when the first kids get out of school and at 3 pm when the last kids get out of school. There are no shops in the village (anymore) and the elderly need to ask neighbors or their kids to get groceries when there are school holidays.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Dude, come on. No need to delete your post.
YES it was a different Laschet yesterday in the Arena: Less aggressive, at least trying to be sympathetic (though I'd argue that he wasn't good at it).
Always feel free to express your thoughts and feelings regarding Baerbock, Scholz and Laschet here.

Niemand wird dir den Kopf abreißen.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Dude, come on. No need to delete your post.
YES it was a different Laschet yesterday in the Arena: Less aggressive, at least trying to be sympathetic (though I'd argue that he wasn't good at it).
Always feel free to express your thoughts and feelings regarding Baerbock, Scholz and Laschet here.

Niemand wird dir den Kopf abreißen.

I will also not vote for Laschet but I just find some of the bashing of him here and on Twitter a bit problematic. I think much worse right-wing could be coming after him and I'm with Habeck that we need a somewhat stable CDU/CSU also against the AfD. I'm very disappointed in how Laschet always circumvents his Maaßen problem and I'm not a fan of his Scholz attacks, but I do think this is somewhat of a strategy he was forced upon also by his party given his waning popularity and the party just being unable to state why in hell they need to stay in power even longer after 16 years of Merkel. While Laschet is not free of mistakes, I do appreciate his ability to govern a state with a majority of just one seat, he does seem to listen to other opinions and was much more relatable as a human being yesterday (which is rare these days) and I think for CDU/CSU standards he's pretty good about integration topics and even contradicted his official party line on quite a few occasions yesterday. As I said, my fear is for the future party system with a right-wing CDU/CSU and I'm not sure I want that either.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I will also not vote for Laschet but I just find some of the bashing of him here and on Twitter a bit problematic. I think much worse right-wing could be coming after him and I'm with Habeck that we need a somewhat stable CDU/CSU also against the AfD. I'm very disappointed in how Laschet always circumvents his Maaßen problem and I'm not a fan of his Scholz attacks, but I do think this is somewhat of a strategy he was forced upon also by his party given his waning popularity and the party just being unable to state why in hell they need to stay in power even longer after 16 years of Merkel. While Laschet is not free of mistakes, I do appreciate his ability to govern a state with a majority of just one seat, he does seem to listen to other opinions (which is rare these days) and I think for CDU/CSU standards he's pretty good about integration topics and even contradicted his official party line on quite a few occasions yesterday. As I said, my fear is much worse is coming and I'm not sure I want that either.

The thing is, the CDU (and Laschet) are currently HYPERSPEEDING their way to copying the US Republicans and Trump in how they act in this election campaign. Lying en masse, discrediting other parties, constant fearmongering of "the left". Today is a new low point, CDU and their "allied" media are doxxing some 15 year old girls because they were prepared for an interview where "regular" people can ask their questions.

Then you have the CDUGate now with some problematic stuff around the raid on Scholz' ministry, because it more and more looks like this was some planned "scandal" by them.
That is btw. utilizing state authorities against political opponents ... you know stuff you see in Russia, Belarus and Hungary.

If there's anything, it's that the CDU is imploding faster the closer the election gets. And all because they're desperately trying to cling on the power they had for 16 years.

I say the bashing is well deserved, and the CDU needs some legislatures in opposition to recover itself, if they even can after reaching so many lows.

That of course still doesn't mean that you should "censor" your own opinion here. Feel free to post what you want.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will also not vote for Laschet but I just find some of the bashing of him here and on Twitter a bit problematic. I think much worse right-wing could be coming after him and I'm with Habeck that we need a somewhat stable CDU/CSU also against the AfD. I'm very disappointed in how Laschet always circumvents his Maaßen problem and I'm not a fan of his Scholz attacks, but I do think this is somewhat of a strategy he was forced upon also by his party given his waning popularity and the party just being unable to state why in hell they need to stay in power even longer after 16 years of Merkel. While Laschet is not free of mistakes, I do appreciate his ability to govern a state with a majority of just one seat, he does seem to listen to other opinions and was much more relatable as a human being yesterday (which is rare these days) and I think for CDU/CSU standards he's pretty good about integration topics and even contradicted his official party line on quite a few occasions yesterday. As I said, my fear is for the future party system with a right-wing CDU/CSU and I'm not sure I want that either.

Yes, social media seems to be much more involved during this election then even last time. Though I'm certain that some SPD members would say that how Martin Schulz was treated on social media four years ago was unfair as well. Is somebody like Paul Ziemiak involved in the campaign and able to steer it? Certainly, it's not all on Laschet and I also think that the aggressiveness we saw during the Triell was mandated from above and didn't fit Laschet.
Believe it or not, it's also not just about Laschet. He is the frontman, the one getting all the heat and all the frustration that people feel towards the party. Fair enough, I'm certain he is able to handle it and knew what was coming.

Is a more right-wing CDU in the future a possibility? Yes, it is.

CDU is starting that path themselves by calling everything "Left" that isn't AfD. Even the FDP is suddenly left!
It is a path they are actively choosing. CDU and SPD were too close to each other, the time of the big Volksparteien is over. I've talked about it on another page, but a single party getting 40%+ in the future is unrealistic. CDU needs as much of a new identity as SPD and I think that identity will be more right. But I do not think they are going to cooperate with AfD nor would I go as far as comparing them to MAGA/Trump. I'm not in the slightest afraid that CDU will try to initiate a coup, start building walls, try to leave the EU, deny covid etc.

For what Laschet believes or not is a hard question for me to answer. You are saying he is pro integration? But he also said he is pro same-sex marriage, while saying the opposite, even calling it anti-constitutional not that long ago. He is claiming to have protected the Hambacher Forest, while there is an videofile available where he clearly and loudly says:
"The reason was made up, I needed to get them out of there."

"Wer einmal lügt, dem glaubt man nicht, auch wenn er dann die Wahrheit spricht"
(Lie once and never be trusted again).

And yes, every single politician lies. But Laschet managed to make it his standout trait and because of that nobody knows how his moral compass is calibrated.