• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Und nu? What is your prefered outcome?

• 🟥⬛

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 🟥🟩🟨

Votes: 182 79.5%
  • ⬛🟩🟨

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Neuwahlen

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 27 11.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dieser Thread ist so seltsam. Germans discussing German politics and elections with each other - in English, all while linking German-language articles and videos which no non-German speaker can understand, and when there's a word that has no English equivalent, it's simply used in the English sentences. It reminds me of a dubbed film on TV, like a Chinese film about Chinese people living in Shanghai speaking dubbed German to each other. I would participate more if this wouldn't feel so weird and unnatural to me. ;P
Well... the idea behind this thread was also that others could participate, ask questions and understand more.
And if the only sources we have are the ones in German... well so be it. Isn't like that great stuff like DeepL doesn't exist and there are just words that only exists in German. We try to somewhat translate it but often there is no way to do it

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
no English equivalent, it's simply used in the English sentences.

And I love that stupid, illogical part. Reminds me of Blade Runner. We need more non-english words, from all languages, to creep into our internet-englisch.
Would be Zeitgeist relevant. 😅

In general: Don't be shy, just participate, ask questions, give your opinion.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Dieser Thread ist so seltsam. Germans discussing German politics and elections with each other - in English, all while linking German-language articles and videos which no non-German speaker can understand, and when there's a word that has no English equivalent, it's simply used in the English sentences. It reminds me of a dubbed film on TV, like a Chinese film about Chinese people living in Shanghai speaking dubbed German to each other. I would participate more if this wouldn't feel so weird and unnatural to me. ;P

Sorry, if there is something you want to know just ask. Sources are tough because we rarely get fast English translations of Someone this stuff if at all. Deutsche Welle is a decent source though.

As for the words, yeah it can be tough. Kostgeld is money for food and possibly rent/utilities. CDU says it's common among kids to pay that so it's ok to fleece kids from the foster system.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Well... the idea behind this thread was also that others could participate, ask questions and understand more.
And if the only sources we have are the ones in German... well so be it. Isn't like that great stuff like DeepL doesn't exist and there are just words that only exists in German. We try to somewhat translate it but often there is no way to do it

And I love that stupid, illogical part. Reminds me of Blade Runner. We need more non-english words, from all languages, to creep into our internet-englisch.
Would be Zeitgeist relevant. 😅

In general: Don't be shy, just participate, ask questions, give your opinion.

Sorry, if there is something you want to know just ask. Sources are tough because we rarely get fast English translations of Someone this stuff if at all. Deutsche Welle is a decent source though.

As for the words, yeah it can be tough. Kostgeld is money for food and possibly rent/utilities. CDU says it's common among kids to pay that so it's ok to fleece kids from the foster system.
I think I may have miscommunicated. I live in Germany, I have no problems understanding anything. I get that the idea is to have non-Germans participate, but I doubt most could follow the discussion here if they don't speak German because all the sources, graphs and the Jargon and Fachtermini (xD) is in German. So I imagine a bunch of Germans speaking English in a room, thinking someone is listening from the outside but no-one is there, so the result is an awkward discussion. As I said, I understand the intention behind it, I just stated what my impression of this thread was lol.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
This is multicultural exchange and a perfect example for inclusion. It offers someone to participate by providing basic information. The offer is there and anyone any time can join in, no one is forced. Integration would be if everyone spoke German and nobody would feel invited to participate except for Germans.

If inclusion feels strange and unnatural to you, you should think about why. Inclusion should be the most natural thing there is.

Code switching is a normal and healthy thing to do fir bilingual and or fluent people of multiple languages.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
This is multicultural exchange and a perfect example for inclusion. It offers someone to participate by providing basic information. The offer is there and anyone any time can join in, no one is forced. Integration would be if everyone spoke German and nobody would feel invited to participate except for Germans.

If inclusion feels strange and unnatural to you, you should think about why. Inclusion should be the most natural thing there is.

Code switching is a normal and healthy thing to do fir bilingual and or fluent people of multiple languages.
Thank you for the condescending remark. I am multilingual, and I have taught languages for several years, so I have a feeling for when people might not be able to follow a discussion because of language barriers, and that's the impression I get here.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for the condescending remark. I am multilingual, and I have taught languages for several years, so I have a feeling for when people might not be able to follow a discussion because of language barriers, and that's the impression I get here.
Really? Cuz I dont see that at all and i work teaching children Foreign languages by language immersion so I'd expect myself to recognize when people have difficulties due to language barrier(s).

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Really? Cuz I dont see that at all and i work teaching children Foreign languages by language immersion so I'd expect myself to recognize when people have difficulties due to language barrier(s).
Yes really. Read through the last few pages, you will see how well your approach to inclusion is working. Germans talking about exclusively German graphs, images and videos, with no-one from the outside chiming in. But then as a foreign language teacher, you don't even see all the mistakes in your English, both in spelling and grammar, so maybe you're not as all-knowing as you believe yourself to be. ;-)

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Yes really. Read through the last few pages, you will see how well your approach to inclusion is working. Germans talking about exclusively German graphs, images and videos, with no-one from the outside chiming in. But then as a foreign language teacher, you don't even see all the mistakes in your English, both in spelling and grammar, so maybe you're not as all-knowing as you believe yourself to be. ;-)
Or someone chatting informally on an internet board doesn't care whether everything they write is absolutely correct and free of typos. Because nothing says native speaker as much as always being 100% correct when you write or say stuff.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
Please don't derail the thread.

If you have constructive feedback on how we can be more inclusive or provide more information for non-german speakers please contribute :)

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I may have miscommunicated. I live in Germany, I have no problems understanding anything. I get that the idea is to have non-Germans participate, but I doubt most could follow the discussion here if they don't speak German because all the sources, graphs and the Jargon and Fachtermini (xD) is in German. So I imagine a bunch of Germans speaking English in a room, thinking someone is listening from the outside but no-one is there, so the result is an awkward discussion. As I said, I understand the intention behind it, I just stated what my impression of this thread was lol.
Since this is an english speaking message board any my intention behind this thread (again) was to prodive basic information about the upcoming elections of one of the biggest countries in the world in terms of economies and all that guff. Sure I could have said "fuck it" and made a thread in German, but then nobody OUTSIDE had any chance to just give it a try and learn something.
People can always ask and I'm sure we Ze Germans, will gladly provide any help, no matter how many spelling and grammar error we might provide along the information. And if you have constructive feedback, please provide it and not in some smarky matter towards someone teaching children and propably not really double checking their post on a effin message board.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Yea, cut it out, no need to snipe at one another over pedantic details. Feel free to create a new thread to discuss multicultural communication.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Or someone chatting informally on an internet board doesn't care whether everything they write is absolutely correct and free of typos. Because nothing says native speaker as much as always being 100% correct when you write or say stuff.
I was talking about mistakes, not typos, two very different things. Sorry if it was harsh but as the saying goes - Wie man in den Wald hineinruft, so schallt es heraus. I deeply apologize for this derail and letting myself be baited. I genuinely believe that this thread could be improved for non-Germans because, let's be honest, we are talking amongst ourselves here. So, either there is no interest from non-Germans or the content is exclusionary by nature. I feel it might be a bit of both. All discussion is based on German sources, I think that might be the main problem. I'll try to help, and if I find English sources, I will post them. Deutsche Welle has an English section on the election, this could be a good starting point:

German election 2021 – All the news, data and facts you need | DW

Germans vote in a general election. Who will replace Angela Merkel? Will concerns over climate change give a boost to the progressive Green party? Or will the far-right AfD populists come out strong? DW brings you all the news and analysis.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The graph I posted should be self explanatory. It shows election results in numbers . Most videos, articles posted are shortly summarized and introduced.

But that's my inside view, if people say it's not clear enough I'll try to give more detailed summaries.

The biggest problem for me, when following foreign elections is following the complex, accompanying processes and figuring out how things work.
Following domestic politics of one nation is complex and busy work enough. Diving into another system is even more complex as you have to start from zero.

The u.s. system still feels strange and alien to me and I often blacked out when people started throwing around names and "things" around in us election threads. What? Who? How does this work?

I get that. Still, I invite everybody to ask. It is an entirely different democratic system. It can be interesting to look in and you have the opportunity to speak to natives here.

For example, us media tends to describe German election and candidates as boring. While I'll argue that there is a wind of change on the streets. But in a calm German way ;)
What we describe as unelectable right, is kind of similar to the Republican Party (from my German us system understanding) etc.
So imagine how left SPD (social Democratic Party) and Die Linke (Party called The left) must look to us voters.

as said, it can be an interesting to look into different systems

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
I think the ;P at the end made it clear, that the post wasn't to serious, so not sure what the fuss is all about.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
In a truly shocking turn of events btw :

Finanzierung von Laschet-Plan "völlig unklar"

CDU-Kanzlerkandidat Laschet plant in einem "Sofortprogramm" zur Bundestagswahl eine Reihe von Mehrausgaben - er will beispielsweise Familien finanziell entlasten. Ökonomen halten das für nicht finanzierbar. Zudem verlangen sie die Abkehr von einem Wahlkampfschlager der CDU.

I honestly can't understand how anyone can vote CDU or FDP at this point. It's just blowing my mind.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Preventing an Anti-NATO, Pro-Russian party of becoming a member of the next government is all the motivation I need to vote for FDP.
Hoping for the Ampel under Scholz.
Although I'm not sure if I'm ready for a man as Frau Bundeskanzlerin.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Preventing an Anti-NATO, Pro-Russian party of becoming a member of the next government is all the motivation I need to vote for FDP.
Die Linke becoming part of the goverment would change nothing about Germany's commitment to the Nato, or their Relationship with Russia.

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Die Linke becoming part of the goverment would change nothing about Germany's commitment to the Nato, or their Relationship with Russia.
Oh, it surely would only strengthen the Germany's commitment to NATO, am I right? /sarcasm

www.interpretermag.com

German Die Linke Delegation Visits Right-Wing Terrorists in Eastern Ukraine

<p>Originally published on February 19, 2015 Just two weeks after the leader of the pro-Russian right-wing terrorist organisation “Donetsk People’s Republic” (DNR) Aleksandr Zakharchenko declared that Ukraine was run by “miserable Jews”, a delegation of the German party Die Linke visited the...

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We can talk about how Lindner is close with Steffen Göpel, the Honorary Consul of Belarus (Lukaschenka) is, the whole debacle in Thueringen and overall how their entire program is only there to make the rich even richer and their program not tackling the climate crisis

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Any coalition with the FDP (and of course the CDU) means four wasted years. Die Linke won't have a meaningful impact to change the stances of SPD & Grüne.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
We can talk about how Lindner is close with Steffen Göpel, the Honorary Consul of Belarus (Lukaschenka) is, the whole debacle in Thueringen and overall how their entire program is only there to make the rich even richer and their program not tackling the climate crisis
Oh, it surely would only strengthen the Germany's commitment to NATO, am I right? /sarcasm

www.interpretermag.com

German Die Linke Delegation Visits Right-Wing Terrorists in Eastern Ukraine

<p>Originally published on February 19, 2015 Just two weeks after the leader of the pro-Russian right-wing terrorist organisation “Donetsk People’s Republic” (DNR) Aleksandr Zakharchenko declared that Ukraine was run by “miserable Jews”, a delegation of the German party Die Linke visited the...
did that do more for Russian then Nord-Stream 2?

and also this.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted to chime in and say that I've been following this thread (and also the Canadian election thread, although obviously no language barrier there) because I want to be informed about the political situation in other countries. So, I can say that I appreciate the English posting, including the English replies to German posts to nudge the conversation back to English.

I've been lurking because I don't really have anything to contribute to the discussion.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Die Linke wont have any sway on the important stuff and won't stand in the way of the stuff we need. I don't trust the party whatsoever, but RRG is vastly better than having CDU or FDP in

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Whenever CDU or FDP talk about closing the gap between the poor and the rich it sounds like some trickle down economics bullshit. I feel like we have had enough of that.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Die Linke wont have any sway on the important stuff and won't stand in the way of the stuff we need. I don't trust the party whatsoever, but RRG is vastly better than having CDU or FDP in

This is also where I am currently at, not sure who to vote for though. FDP just seems at odds with SPD and Grüne on basically every topic.

I still don't know, who I should vote, since I don't like Scholz and don't trust him to really work towards what he is promising and I am scared of the greens having to choose between RGR and Jamaica and going with the latter.

Iggelich

Aug 31, 2019
The right wing aspect has been brought up already, but I'm going to ask how you justify voting for a party with the second worst climate program of the relevant six parties?

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
The graph I posted should be self explanatory. It shows election results in numbers . Most videos, articles posted are shortly summarized and introduced.

But that's my inside view, if people say it's not clear enough I'll try to give more detailed summaries.

The biggest problem for me, when following foreign elections is following the complex, accompanying processes and figuring out how things work.
Following domestic politics of one nation is complex and busy work enough. Diving into another system is even more complex as you have to start from zero.

The u.s. system still feels strange and alien to me and I often blacked out when people started throwing around names and "things" around in us election threads. What? Who? How does this work?

I get that. Still, I invite everybody to ask. It is an entirely different democratic system. It can be interesting to look in and you have the opportunity to speak to natives here.

For example, us media tends to describe German election and candidates as boring. While I'll argue that there is a wind of change on the streets. But in a calm German way ;)
What we describe as unelectable right, is kind of similar to the Republican Party (from my German us system understanding) etc.
So imagine how left SPD (social Democratic Party) and Die Linke (Party called The left) must look to us voters.

as said, it can be an interesting to look into different systems
I get all that. And it's good that you mentioned US elections. I think the comparison between these two countries is a very interesting one, because it shows the stark differences between a two-party and a multiple party system. US politics often feels like two sports teams, "left" (the understanding of left is different between these countries and would be a whole discussion in itself) and right, Republican and Democrat, North and South, White and non-White, opposing each other. It shows the divide of the country since abolition and the civil war in its political system. It's very different from Germany's multi-party system. You have numerous camps instead of two, and for me the big advantage of this is that parties are forced to compromise and cooperate and form coalitions, as no single party can get a majority on its own (hypothetically it could but not in the reality we're living in now). The system also helps prevent the division of the country into two camps. Another advantage is that no party wants to work with the AfD, the populist right-wing party, so their chances of being a part of the government are non-existent.

Now we just have to hope that the next coalition government will be formed without the CDU/CSU. We need progress and policies that look toward the future. The CDU represents stagnation and regression. 16 years was enough, away with Mutti (a German pet word for "Mutter" = "mother", a nickname people like to use for Merkel) and her lot. This is the main goal. We need the change, and I hope that enough of the Stammwähler (people who vote for the same party out of tradition or principle, no matter how much they mess up - who I believe make up the majority of the CDU's voter base) can be swayed to vote for another party this time. Despite the promising polls, I'm afraid there might still be too many of these people out there.

And yes, German politicians are boring, as the black hole of charisma called Merkel has shown to the world for long enough. But personally, I don't care how entertaining or charming a politician is, I only care about their policies. It's not their job to be entertainers.

(This was an attempt to make this thread a little more understandable for non-Gemans. I thought I'd try at least 🙈)

I think the ;P at the end made it clear, that the post wasn't to serious, so not sure what the fuss is all about.
Yes, I just tried to convey my impression in a joking manner, but clearly I'm not very good at conveying humor, so I'll try to refrain from doing so in the future.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
I am not voting for the Linke because of their foreign policy but to vote FDP instead???
I see no realistic path that would make that switch believable. If you are supportive of the Linke's domestic policies but draw a line at the foreign policy (like me) then you vote for SPD, Greens, or other left-leaning parties, very rarely the FDP.
Unless you wouldn't vote for Linke in the first place and just use the foreign policy to dump on the Linke.

BrokenIcarus

Oct 27, 2017
God I really hope we can keep the FDP out of government, watched the Vierkampf yesterday and the debate around climate change was fucking embarrassing. R2G is the only way out of this mess that I see.
Relevant timestamped video:

Weidel obviously completely nonsensical, but both Dobrindt and Lindner are so clueless and polemic, we really can't afford to have either of them in government.

Last edited:

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
People really need to chill with the idea that a Linke as the weakest party in a three-party-coalition will have any relevant say in foreign policy.
As someone else said, they'll back the important stuff and not get any if their more weird ideas through.
If anything, being part of the government and in the best case surpassing the people's expectations could drive more middle-left people to the party and mellow out their more stupid policies.

eisschollee

Oct 25, 2018
God I really hope we can keep the FDP out of government, watched the Vierkampf yesterday and the debate around climate change was fucking embarrassing. R2G is the only way out of this mess that I see.
Relevant timestamped video:

Weidel obviously completely nonsensical, but both Dobrindt and Lindner are so clueless and polemic, we really can't afford to have either of them in government.

God damn , Lindner and Dobrindt are making me furious.
Throw away your car keys if you vote left or green, what the hell.
And the attack on the women for just statting a true fact on green hydrogen being too expensive, was low even for Lindner.
'Flatterstrom' was funny and then came the lies.

So if you want change to need to vote 'Linke' to force RRG is my understanding now?
To completly avoid a participation of CDU/CSU or FDP

Carvel

Nov 6, 2017
Mainz, Germany
So if you want change to need to vote 'Linke' to force RRG is my understanding now?
To completly avoid a participation of CDU/CSU or FDP

It's not a safe bet. But there are signs that Die Linke is willing to accept a lot of compromise to make RRG a reality. Wissler, Kipping and Bartsch have recently been underlining the similarities between the three parties, while all of them seem to have distanced themselves from the foreign policy concepts they have been bringing up in the past. And, following their own arguments, they have to: they are holding the other two accountable and remind them that their voters would be displeased if they were to bend the knee to the policy of FDP or CxU. But that is also the case with voters of Die Linke – would they accept forgoing their whole election platform that they share with SPD and Grüne (Mindestlohn, Energiewende, Bürgerversicherung, ...) for abstract foreign policy?
My gut feeling tells me the probability of RRG has increased in recent days.

ss1

Oct 27, 2017

There is a middle ground. Those of us who have English as our primary language but can understand some level of German. We can understand the high level themes in the German linked sources if not the specifics due our limited vocabulary. Having these conversations is very useful as we can get to see a perspective of German political thought that we wouldn't get from just looking at English only new sources.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And like with those Rezo videos, the one group of voters who most urgent should see this (and the Rezo videos), won't...

Here's hoping such content will at least sway some undecided voters into actually voting.
And how is it that these kids are way waaaay better in asking questions than those two at the last Triell?
I would be ashamed of myself if I would be Illner or Köhr

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Did someone do a test of what the current voting landscape would look like if we allowed 16 year olds to vote. I would love to see those predictions.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You have numerous camps instead of two, and for me the big advantage of this is that parties are forced to compromise and cooperate and form coalitions

While certainly an advantage, it is also turning into a Problem for the same reasons you are describing .

For most of the time the political system in modern Germany was kind of similar to the u.s. two Party system.
SPD (Social Democrats, left) and CDU (conservatives) were dominating the political landscape, clearly opposing each other. Getting ~40% of the votes each wasn't unheard off, leaving only scrapes for the smaller parties and allowing those two parties to color and dominate politics.
This is changing significantly. Coalitions will need three, maybe even four parties in the Future. The next coalition leader will probably stay under 30% of votes. This gives a lot of power to the, still so called, smaller parties. Compromise will be the defining keyword for coalitions, even more so then before. This could lead to a stagnating politics of the lowest common denominator and ultimately unstable governments.

Sounds like scare talk, but this already happened during Germany's first democratic "try". The Weimarer Republic (1918-1933).
An overflow of parties led to unstable coalitions, compromises between political rivals were broken sooner then later —> constant re-elections
Today, there are systems in place to prevent that kind of chaos like the 5%-Hürde (you only get sits in the parliament if you get at least 5% of the total votes) but a multiple Party system can also have downsides.

I still prefer it over a two Party system, but not pointing at its flaws and how it dramatically failed in Germany's past wouldn't be fair either.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
And how is it that these kids are way waaaay better in asking questions than those two at the last Triell?

For the same reason Elton was funnier when he had Stefan Raab in his ear and Christian was more eloquent with Cyrano's help, probably. Plus being kids affords them liberties adult journalists wouldn't dare take because they're considered impolite or unprofessional.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Political Talkshows invite scientists alongside politicians to discuss the COVID-pandemic. Makes sense, because listening to explanations and professional opinions has value.

But when it comes to any other topic, even something just as serious like climate change and the restructuring of our entire industrial and in large parts social structures? They allow politicians to throw around buzzwords. But for the AfD (extreme right party), which is naturally denying climate change in the first place.

I swear, if I hear "the solution is innovative technology" again I'll go nuts. The greens are as guilty of this as the other parties btw.

My highlight was "Lanz" yesterday (political late night talk show) and guest Star Friedrich Merz (Rich CDU politician, entangled with Black Rock. The largest high risk asset management company out there. Has 9 trillion dollars in assets !)
The amount of trash and empty stuff that left Merz's mouth uncontested was disgusting.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017

Well, we can see on the upcoming sunday if it's a case of which TV station being responsible for the organization given the last one on sunday is being done by Pro7/Sat1 with Linda Zervakis and Claudia von Brauchitsch as the hosts.

I expect Zervakis to do pretty fucking good, but worried about the other one as she seems to be personally aligned with the CDU.

Oh well, it's not that the last Triell will have much impact on the election anymore. I think we're past the point where anything but a massive scandal by anyone would impact the current survey % ranges.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
I never thought I'd do this but I was still holding out in my vote and going Linke to boost RGR. Everything else isn't an option. I've been Grüne for the better part of my life and even worked with them on a local level, but even the thought about Ampel makes me throw up.

Die Linke minus the foreign stuff and some of the crazies would be something and them being in the coalition could absolutely help them getting there.

Ronghar

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I never thought I'd do this but I was still holding out in my vote and going Linke to boost RGR. Everything else isn't an option. I've been Grüne for the better part of my life and even worked with them on a local level, but even the thought about Ampel makes me throw up.

Die Linke minus the foreign stuff and some of the crazies would be something and them being in the coalition could absolutely help them getting there.
I am doing the same. I am optimistic that something good will come out of this.

AmFreak

Oct 26, 2017
Did someone do a test of what the current voting landscape would look like if we allowed 16 year olds to vote. I would love to see those predictions.
Greens, FDP and small parties would profit from it, but it would only be about 2-2.5% of total votes, so even if you get about half of them you would only crawl 1% in the polls.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, we can see on the upcoming sunday if it's a case of which TV station being responsible for the organization given the last one on sunday is being done by Pro7/Sat1 with Linda Zervakis and Claudia von Brauchitsch as the hosts.

I expect Zervakis to do pretty fucking good, but worried about the other one as she seems to be personally aligned with the CDU.

Oh well, it's not that the last Triell will have much impact on the election anymore. I think we're past the point where anything but a massive scandal by anyone would impact the current survey % ranges.
I'm still kinda baffled that these debates are/were scheduled so late into the whole campaign. I mean we knew that absentee ballots would take a huge part this year thanks to covid and that most are able to vote for ~2 weeks now.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm still kinda baffled that these debates are/were scheduled so late into the whole campaign. I mean we knew that absentee ballots would take a huge part this year thanks to covid and that most are able to vote for ~2 weeks now.

The debates are mostly for undecided people. Folks who sent in their absentee ballots 6 weeks in advance, won't have their minds changed by some debates.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
but even the thought about Ampel makes me throw up.

Me too.

Nothing points to Greens and CDU being compatible. The political agenda is different, the idea of the social state is different, the urgency in climate change is different, tax ideas are different, reformation ideas are different. EVERYTHING is incompatible. I do not even understand why Ampel is being talked about as a logical possibility by our media.
I voted green, I'd feel betrayed by Ampel (Coalition of Greens, conservative CDU, economically liberal FDP)