• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Und nu? What is your prefered outcome?

• 🟥⬛

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 🟥🟩🟨

Votes: 182 79.5%
  • ⬛🟩🟨

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Neuwahlen

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 27 11.8%

• Total voters

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Switching to Anne Will and it's more energetic than the Triell right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Especially Scholz is doing a terrible job rn. Super robotic, doesn't actually say anything and says a lot of things that the regular population don't like to hear (like 3g in trains).
I don't know, I think he's doing Merkel's style better than Laschet.

edit: Audience poll on who won the debate.
e5FrhQ7.png

Last edited:

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
I've more problems with Laschets attitude. His condescending manner is ….Damn I want to hit him in the face.
What's wrong with assuming nobody understands what Baerbock said, him mansplaining basically the entire audience and the adultism at the end?

I thought this is basic CDU tools...?

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Listening to Laschet is barely bearable, but he is the loudest one of the three, so his numbers will probably go up after this.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel this was a good debate for baerbock. She was perceived as incompetent and she was actually very active. since scholz was the most popular candidate at this point, he did sub par. laschet did as expected.

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of amazing how badly this is going for Laschet.
I also think he made a strategic mistake by focusing in Baerbock so much. Scholz is his bigger problem.

AmFreak

Oct 26, 2017
If this poll is to be trusted i don't see how Laschet can still win on his own.
This was a normal performance meaning far better than what he did the last weeks and he still seems dead.

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It's really fascinating that the next Triells will be in two / three weeks. Like whats the point for them this late? You can already vote via mail and many people will or already have. So stupid for those events and then we have weak topics / questions which the candidates can answer with their memorized answers. There won't be any real new info from those shows.

But it seems that Laschet lost this one. I didn't watch it but it makes me hopeful that there is a chance for a RG coalition without much bullshit from Lindner.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
It's kind of amazing how badly this is going for Laschet.
I also think he made a strategic mistake by focusing in Baerbock so much. Scholz is his bigger problem.
Is it, though? CDU could very easily join a coalition with SPD if the numbers add up, and SPD after the last few years doesn't seem to have any issues with it either if push comes to shove. Selling a coalition to actual left acting parties like Greens seems to be much more difficult. If the CDU already conceded they're not gonna be the clear winner this time, hugging SPD and getting rid of the danger of Greens getting too loud seems like their best way of ending up with a say in things in the end, especially since SPD only barely has an identity at this point.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Is it, though? CDU could very easily join a coalition with SPD if the numbers add up, and SPD after the last few years doesn't seem to have any issues with it either if push comes to shove. Selling a coalition to actual left acting parties like Greens seems to be much more difficult. If the CDU already conceded they're not gonna be the clear winner this time, hugging SPD and getting rid of the danger of Greens getting too loud seems like their best way of ending up with a say in things in the end, especially since SPD only barely has an identity at this point.

With every other party leader(s) maybe, but i have doubts that there's any real chance for another SPD/CDU/X coalition under Esken and Walter-Borjans. (*Hopes this sentence doesn't backfire bigtime*)

Last time it even took pleas from the federal president to Schulz to reconsider another CDU/SPD coalition.

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Can we please stop the narrative that the SPD is fine with another coalition with the CDU?

Last time already was suicide for the SPD and only possible because Lindner was a dick and coward and nobody wanted a new election. It's a miracle the SPD has a shot again to form a coalition so they just can't work with the CDU again this time.

And it really doesn't matter because it won't happen. Grüne are fine with either a Jamaika or Ampel coalition. Lindner prefers Jamaika too, so even if the SPD will be the strongest party a Jamaika coalition is more likely right now because of Lindner again. The only option would be that RRG is possible and SPD and Grüne can force Lindner to a coalition because otherwise they'll do a RRG.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017

Nicht der Postillon.

I love how they continue to try to cater to the right wing AFD voters while bleeding votes to SPD and Grüne. Keep this up for another month and we might actually get a non CDU goverment.

I never understood why they are so hellbent for the AFD votes when they lose 2% to the left for every 1% they get from the right

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They really do have nothig left...

Imagine painting Olaf Scholz of all people as the leader of a leftist revolution (not related to this particular picture but the general messaging these last days)
But when you vote Scholz you also get far-left extremists like Esken and Kühnert! (Yes this is really their fearmonger strategy since a few days)

Also repeated yesterday by Paul Ziemiak on Anne Will and in their latest Twitter spot.
CDU is really scared. :)

EDIT:
Fact-check of yesterdays Triell
Der Faktencheck – wer hat wo geschummelt? - SPIEGEL.de

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Da war die CDU wohl wirklich nicht viel mehr als Merkel's Partei?

Imo, it's a mix of the person Merkel who carried the sympathy of the people, coupled with her moving the CDU more into positions that are usually SPD territory and finally the fact that she reliably was able to cut short any upcoming party personality, either by "promoting" them into other positions outside of the federal government (think Wulff) or other means.

Now with Merkel dropping out, they're left without favourable heads to fill her spot and the party itself is moving back into the "regular" positions, which are in our modern times less than favourable. We're not in the 90s fresh of the unification anymore.

TLDR: They reap what Merkel sowed. ^^

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017

AmFreak

Oct 26, 2017
It's Laschet together with the SPD nominating a CDU guy.
Made it possible for CDU voters to switch to SPD.
Laschet seems to be a completely dead horse now and so it's risky for the right-wing media and the Wirtschaftslobby to try to save him by attacking Scholz (and there is a lot you could attack), because that could backfire heavily by voters turning to Green instead.
I don't see a Söder ever reaching 20%.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
It's Laschet together with the SPD nominating a CDU guy.
Made it possible for CDU voters to switch to SPD.
Laschet seems to be a completely dead horse now and so it's risky for the right-wing media and the Wirtschaftslobby to try to save him by attacking Scholz (and there is a lot you could attack), because that could backfire heavily by voters turning to Green instead.
I don't see a Söder ever reaching 20%.
> and there is a lot you could attack
yeah, they don't attack him over his skeletons (so to speak), and he has A LOT of them!

They are just trying to paint him as some Communist 🤣

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely insane - especially compared to just a few weeks ago.
So lets say it's gonna go like this, a majority government would need about 47%, correct? (considering no Sonstige will get to 5%)
So SPD / Grüne alone still wouldn't work out atm without die Linke.
If Linke loses over 2% to SPD or Greens and doesn't make it into Bundestag Red/Green could barely be possible.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Leave it to the Linke to sabotage themselves

As much flack as Laschet, Baerbock and Scholz are getting for being terrible candidates, they can't hold a candle to Susanne Hennig-Wellsow. Absolutely fucking terrible. Just one of many reasons why The Linke isn't getting the votes they deserve
how is Henning-Wellsow standing by her Party's principles making her a terrible politician?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
how is Henning-Wellsow standing by her Party's principles making her a terrible politician?
Because it's one of the most outlandish principles Die Linke have. Not wanting to go to war like in Afghanistan is a fine stance to have - wanting to leave Nato, a mostly defensive alliance, in favor of cooperating with Russia (big LOL) only 7 years after the Krim was annexed is mind-numbingly stupid. It's not like Russias government has changed a bit since then.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

I wasn't critizing Hennig (like König) Wellsow because of that article. That's on the Linke in general. But Wellsow regardless of that stance is just bad
Reasons why Linke are so low in the polls? For having terrible foreign policy like wanting to leave the NATO and having terrible candidates like Hennig Wellsow

Case in point
www.youtube.com

Die neue Parteivorsitzende der Linken, Susanne Hennig-Wellsow - Jung & Naiv: Folge 500

Unterstützt unsere Arbeit ► http://www.paypal.me/JungNaivDiskutiert im Jung & Naiv Forum ► http://forum.jungundnaiv.de/Zu Gast im Studio: Susanne Hennig-Well...

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Because it's one of the most outlandish principles Die Linke have. Not wanting to go to war like in Afghanistan is a fine stance to have - wanting to leave Nato, a mostly defensive alliance, in favor of cooperating with Russia (big LOL) only 7 years after the Krim was annexed is mind-numbingly stupid. It's not like Russias government has changed a bit since then.
to be exact:
they don't want to leave the Nato to join Russia.
they want to dissolve the Nato and form a new collectiv safty alliance. (in which Russia would also be a part.)

I wasn't critizing Hennig (like König) Wellsow because of that article. That's on the Linke in general. But Wellsow regardless of that stance is just bad
Reasons why Linke are so low in the polls? For having terrible foreign policy like wanting to leave the NATO and having terrible candidates like Hennig Wellsow

Case in point
www.youtube.com

Die neue Parteivorsitzende der Linken, Susanne Hennig-Wellsow - Jung & Naiv: Folge 500

Unterstützt unsere Arbeit ► http://www.paypal.me/JungNaivDiskutiert im Jung & Naiv Forum ► http://forum.jungundnaiv.de/Zu Gast im Studio: Susanne Hennig-Well...

first: Hennig-Wellsow isn't their Candidate. those are Janine Wissler and Dietmar Bartsch.

about the Interview: she shouldn't have done that interview not even one week after being elected co-chairperson of the party.
her not being able to name combat operations of the Bundeswehr.. so what. they want to review them all and end most if not all. that is pretty clear imo.

Last edited:

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
I love how they continue to try to cater to the right wing AFD voters while bleeding votes to SPD and Grüne. Keep this up for another month and we might actually get a non CDU goverment.

I never understood why they are so hellbent for the AFD votes when they lose 2% to the left for every 1% they get from the right

Are these even AFD positions? I thought those nutjobs in the AFD were against big state and surveilance?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
they don't want to leave the Nato to join Russia.
they want to dissolve the NAto and form a new collectiv safty alliance. (in which Russia would also be a part.)
Yeah, what I meant. They want to replace Nato and instead make something else including Russia. Good luck with the current Russia on that one. And dissolving and replacing Nato isn't something Germany could even do alone, it's mostly something the US has control over. Dissolving didn't even happen under Trump who apparently considered leaving. It's not going to happen.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

I despise the CDU but it is no secret that she killed off some of the "Talent" of the CDU (where they mostly killed themselves with stupid ploigts and maneuvers against Merkel) and mostly idiots are left in the CDU whose only competence is trying to cling to their power through populism or just don't give a fuck anymore and be as corrupt as possible.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
The center-right party accusing the centre-left party's centrist candidate of being a Trojan Horse for the radical left and a televised debate framed by horse-race analysis from news anchors.

Am I following US or German election coverage?