• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Und nu? What is your prefered outcome?

• 🟥⬛

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 🟥🟩🟨

Votes: 182 79.5%
  • ⬛🟩🟨

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Neuwahlen

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 27 11.8%

• Total voters

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
State elections polls in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern currently project a landslide victory for SPD:

Mostly helped by Manuela Schwesig and a scandal-ridden CDU with a completely faceless candidate in Michael Sack ("CDU sackt ab" OMEGALUL). I still expect the next Government to be a coalition of SPD and CDU.

And yes, AFD ist still way too high.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

New ZDF poll with huge losses for CDU and big gains for SPD. Almost a tie between the three big parties less than 5 weeks before the election.

Even Red-Green (or Green-Red) could be within reach if that CDU momentum holds.

(pls CDU below 20 and AfD below 10 on election day)

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017

New ZDF poll with huge losses for CDU and big gains for SPD. Almost a tie between the three big parties less than 5 weeks before the election.

Even Red-Green (or Green-Red) could be within reach if that CDU momentum holds.

(pls CDU below 20 and AfD below 10 on election day)

Looking at that poll, I wonder if it were actually better if The Left managed to miss the 5% threshold.

A coalition involving them won't happen anyway, so they're basically deadweight for any even slightly left-leaning government.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking at that poll, I wonder if it were actually better if The Left managed to miss the 5% threshold.

A coalition involving them won't happen anyway, so they're basically deadweight for any even slightly left-leaning government.

It's their only chance to govern in any capacity. I'm sure they're willing to compromise to at least get some of their ideas into law. They would be kingmaker. They can get a few nice items into the coalition agreement.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It's their only chance to govern in any capacity. I'm sure they're willing to compromise to at least get some of their ideas into law. They would be kingmaker. They can get a few nice items into the coalition agreement.

Dunno, i feel like the Linke loons are too far gone to be willing to compromise. I see a better chance that the FDP base won't allow Lindner to chicken out again like last time, or he's pretty much gone.

If i was SPD / Gruene, i would target this point massively, should it come to results that have those three end up in coalition talks.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
I'm still on the fence between greens or SPD. I just want the CDU to go away.

My voting card arrived yesterday. I think I will decide it this weekend and vote by mail.

Also, I get stomach pain when I see the AfD numbers.

Oct 25, 2017
The left's foreign policy is pretty much incompatible with those other parties. They just argued (and voted against abstained/voted against it in parliament) that the evacuation from Afghanistan was illegal, because it's not being coordinated with the Taliban and thusly against international law. They're "lost" as the youths say.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't see it yesterday and just catched up a bit on the web, but did anyone of you see how Habeck pretty much destroyed Friedrich Merz at Maybritt Illner yesterday?

Remember, that is the CDU guy that everyone thinks of being an "economy expert". Left the impression that the Greens might actually be more suited for even that.
And you can bet your arse that in the case of a CDU led coalition, this asshole Merz would totally be put in charge of either the ministry of finances or economy and work. *Shudder*

I'm still on the fence between greens or SPD. I just want the CDU to go away.

My voting card arrived yesterday. I think I will decide it this weekend and vote by mail.

Also, I get stomach pain when I see the AfD numbers.

With the current poll numbers, assuming they hold any valid view to the situation right now, you can't go wrong with either.

Support the party you want to be the "coalition" leader who has the highest vote % after the election.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Die Partei Düsseldorf apparently has a poster up which looks like a CDU one with the text:

Im Bund regieren wie in NRW

And then only Die Partei somewhere at the bottom. Genius.

A colleague of mine photographed it but I can no longer find it on MS Teams.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
The left's foreign policy is pretty much incompatible with those other parties. They just argued (and voted against it in parliament) that the evacuation from Afghanistan was illegal, because it's not being coordinated with the Taliban and thusly against international law. They're "lost" as the youths say.
Umm, are you really sure about that?

Oct 25, 2017
Umm, are you really sure about that?

Yes. They are simultaneously for evacuation but do not support the military operation to do so in parliament. This is a viable position for that party.

www.deutschlandfunk.de

Bundestagswahl Union und SPD laut Prognose gleichauf

Bei der Bundestagswahl zeichnet sich ein Kopf-an-Kopf-Rennen zwischen Union und SPD ab. Nach der Prognose von Infratest Dimap kommen sowohl CDU/CSU als auch SPD auf 25 Prozent der Stimmen.

Sevim Dağdelen, Die Linke's chairman of the "Auswärtiger Ausschuss" (foreign committee?) of the parliament is one of those who voted against it and that was her argument.
The leadership of the party recommended abstention from voting.

Last edited:

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
Yes. They are simultaneously for evacuation but do not support the military operation in parliament. This is a viable position for that party.

www.deutschlandfunk.de

Bundestagswahl Union und SPD laut Prognose gleichauf

Bei der Bundestagswahl zeichnet sich ein Kopf-an-Kopf-Rennen zwischen Union und SPD ab. Nach der Prognose von Infratest Dimap kommen sowohl CDU/CSU als auch SPD auf 25 Prozent der Stimmen.

Sevim Dağdelen, member of the "Auswärtiger Ausschuss" (foreign committee?) of the parliament is one of those who voted against it.
There are two things here. One: The left didn't tell their MdBs how to vote, everyone could decide for themselves, some voted for, some against.
The other is of course on how you evacuate. Not to get into the details (there are other threads for that) but from their position I can see that when you say that you never wanted this war in the first place and are very much against using your military somewhre else in the world, that the way how you would approach evacuating people could differ from the proposed soultion that you have to vote for/against. Essentially: Is it the right way to have your military do an operation and can you help everyone that needs help this way or will it make things possibly worse for the people that can not be helped this way and you should try a different approach.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
The left's foreign policy is pretty much incompatible with those other parties. They just argued (and voted against mostly voted against it in parliament) that the evacuation from Afghanistan was illegal, because it's not being coordinated with the Taliban and thusly against international law. They're "lost" as the youths say.

Yeah, The left could be a 15+% party if they just concentrate on social domestic issues and shut the fuck up about foreign policy.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes it is not about people caring about foreign policy, its more like people see them as a bit looney due to the foreign policy faux-paus and not someone you can trust your vote on, so even if people are not focused on the foreign policy it affects them.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
84EVh1Y.png

994306c9b4ccc064b4b9276c329e0520.gif

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty hard year for me to vote. CDU is unvotable but most other parties want the fucking "Bürgerversicherung" which would actively put my very good Job in danger....

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
It's still mind boggling that it was clear 6 months ago, that Söder and Habeck would be the better candidates, yet still both parties went with the worse option anyways. At least both "sides" were weakened equally, maybe the CDU even more.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
there is no way SPD would do another große koalition with CDU again right? there can't be it almost killed them last time

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty hard year for me to vote. CDU is unvotable but most other parties want the fucking "Bürgerversicherung" which would actively put my very good Job in danger....
How exactly? I'm curious. Will you lose your job or maybe just don't get as much of a raise in the future?

Also, while I can understand the sentiment of having a hard time voting against immediate self-interest, this is in my opinion not the time to solely vote for selfish reasons (too many people will anyway). There is just too much at stake on bigger, more existential levels. I mean, all of us who vote Green Party fully unterstand that certain things will likely become more expensive - because they have to.

Last edited:

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
They only goal of SPD is to govern. No matter what.
Lol, there is no way they'll do it again. Last time was because of shitshow Lindner and the political crisis in general that led to the Große Koalition. This time it's either Jamaika because Lindner can't chicken out again or it's Ampel.

There is literally no way in hell the SPD will work together with the CDU again.

AmFreak

Oct 26, 2017
Incredibly dumb that both TV-Truells happen after postal voting has already begun when up to 50% are expected to vote like this.

AmFreak

Oct 26, 2017
That's cool for you, but there are people that aren't you and whoever can get the most of these people on to their side at the right time will win this election.

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
How exactly? I'm curious. Will you lose your job or maybe just don't get as much of a raise in the future?

Also, while I can understand the sentiment of having a hard time voting against immediate self-interest, this is in my opinion not the time to solely vote for selfish reasons (too many people will anyway). There is just too much at stake on bigger, more existential levels. I mean, all of us who vote Green Party fully unterstand that certain things will likely become more expensive - because they have to.
Well private insurance is my companies main income factor. Especially in times where Life Insurance and "Bausparen" have trouble with 0 interest rates.
So a full blown Bürgerversicherung would be very bad for my company and maybe in the long run me. It would be like saying VW stop producing your 4 best selling cars.
Since CDU is not votable I am thinking between FDP and Grüne (Grüne don't want a "full" Bürgerversicherung like Linke and SPD)

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
Well private insurance is my companies main income factor. Especially in times where Life Insurance and "Bausparen" have trouble with 0 interest rates.
So a full blown Bürgerversicherung would be very bad for my company and maybe in the long run me. It would be like saying VW stop producing your 4 best selling cars.
Since CDU is not votable I am thinking between FDP and Grüne (Grüne don't want a "full" Bürgerversicherung like Linke and SPD)
since neither of them will get 51% and theyll need to form a coalition with another party who isnt in favor chances are very high there wont be one.

Voted by mail for the first time this year.

+1 for laziness but also social distancing!
Just ordered my docs online to vote via mail.
I can see the school's playground from my balcony, so it wouldn't be that far away. But dressing up and leaving my house on a Sunday? Madness!
Or maybe I can make a paper plane and throw it across the streets to them. :D

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
finally got my letter today. i guess i have to "order" the mail vote documents via qr code? first time doing the mail voting thing.

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
Which ist probably the reason why it should be abolished. Get that money into the Health System instead.
You will see mass closures of smaller doctors offices if Bürgerversicherung comes. They only can maintain because the privately insured people pay 2x - 3x the amount. The only money "laying around" is the law enforced backup every private insurance has to build. Everything else goes back into the Health System.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
You will see mass closures of smaller doctors offices if Bürgerversicherung comes. They only can maintain because the privately insured people pay 2x - 3x the amount. The only money "laying around" is the law enforced backup every private insurance has to build. Everything else goes back into the Health System.

I live in a city where unless it's a GP it's is impossible to get appointments. Want to see the eye doctor? Maybe in 6 months. Now if I had private insurance…

Yeah fuck that 2 class system.