• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Und nu? What is your prefered outcome?

• 🟥⬛

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 🟥🟩🟨

Votes: 182 79.5%
  • ⬛🟩🟨

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Neuwahlen

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 27 11.8%

• Total voters

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Seriously, what is Scholz even doing? Not that the SPD has had a good candidate in ages, but right now they might as well just not be campaigning

Yeah, it sucks.

Everything's just centered around these stupid mini-scandals, Baerbock's cv, Baerbocks's book, Laschet smiling... nothing about actual issues

Honestly i feel like a large portion of the voting populace is much too complacent and uninterested in larger topics and future Problems as to really care for much actual policies right now. As long as the conservative dream of the Mittelstand is kept alive for a few years more, most germans are simply too complacent and/or dont have enough actual problems in their immediate lives (yet) to care for important issues.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Honestly i feel like a large portion of the voting populace is much too complacent and uninterested in larger topics and future Problems as to really care for much actual policies right now. As long as the conservative dream of the Mittelstand is kept alive for a few years more, most germans are simply too complacent and/or dont have enough actual problems in their immediate lives (yet) to care for important issues.

This would also be my guess, but this only confirms again why I raise my eyebrows at society so frequently.

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Seriously, what is Scholz even doing? Not that the SPD has had a good candidate in ages, but right now they might as well just not be campaigning

Yeah, it sucks.

Everything's just centered around these stupid mini-scandals, Baerbock's cv, Baerbocks's book, Laschet smiling... nothing about actual issues

I think the problem right now is that there really wasn't a real Wahlkampf in ages. The CDU always had Merkel and the people knew what they are getting. Laschet tries the same thing. The CDU stands for some "conservative" values (but nobody really knows or cares what they are) and this was enough to win the elections. The SPD has the problem that all their achievments are linked to Merkel and that nobody believed in a possible victory, which left Scholz in a position in which the media made fun of him because he said he wanted to be chancellor. The Grüne really had an head start with their campaign and profited heavly from the climate crisis. Sadly the focus shifted quickly to a smear campaign against Baerbock.

And that's it. Laschet avoids tv shows with all three candidates and tries to hide and this is really the point: the less mistakes you make the more popular you get. Policies don't matter (because every party promise you the moon) for the people because they know in all these years under Merkel nothing really changed (so why should they care and sadly many think why should they even vote because in the end it will always be the same). Scholz isn't really popular but at least the most approved candidate. Baerbock is the smart-ass and Laschet is a clown and I really hope his message "2015 darf sich nicht wiederholen" costs him more votes than he gains. But sadly that is probaly wishful thinking. In the end the elderly and the rich will cost us a change for the better.

MrMysterio

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT!!!

voting Green for more transrights, mental health, drug policies.

coming from Brexit into this I fear the worst.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
the amount of hate for the Greens and especially for Baerbock that I constantly hear from customers is kinda insane to me

the smear campaigns definitely work on some people

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I should know this, but am not sure: how many % would a coalition need to have enough?
because of all those parties that don't reach 5% and won't be part of the Bundestag.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I think the Grüne are more likely to work with the CDU than the SPD this time.

Some of the Grüne are green painted conservatives (like Kretschmann).
I have more faith in the greens than the party that has sold themselves out for close to a decade.

hence why i wrote "usually".
there are minority governments as you pointed out
Those goverments weren't minority goverments. Due to the 5% hurdle and election law you can have a seated majority with 47/48%.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice OT.

Shame the actual election campaign is such a shitshow so far focusing almost entirely on trivial stuff. All while the upcoming challenges will be harder than ever. And this is a problem that gets amplified by everyone right now (parties, media, social).

Looking forward to election day. A two party coalition looks unrealistic right now and every candidate still has a somewhat realistic chance to win. But please no Laschet.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The german green party is truly awful but our only hope of getting rid of the CDU. I hope the current trend continues and Red-Red-Green is able to keep a majortiy tho unfortunately I think we would more likely see a Ampel Coalition instead.

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
At least Scholz has a certain appeal in that people can actually imagine him doing the role as chancellor. But when I try thinking about Laschet sitting at a table next to Biden or Putin I start laughing.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Not gonna lie, I´m pissed off to no end about the greens and Baerbock making so many mistakes.
They had a really good headstart but are making one unforced error after the other and have seemingly zero idea of how to deal with the smear campaign against her (which also implies they were naive didn´t see that one coming from miles away).

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Not gonna lie, I´m pissed off to no end about the greens and Baerbock making so many mistakes.
They had a really good headstart but are making one unforced error after the other and have seemingly zero idea of how to deal with the smear campaign against her (which also implies they were naive didn´t see that one coming from miles away).
Honestly it's more the press making an elephant out of every mosquito....

MrMysterio

Oct 25, 2017
Laschet laughing in the background of a somber interview about the ongoing flooding crisis I thought for sure is footage that would sink him.
but yeah…

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Laschet laughing in the background of a somber interview about the ongoing flooding crisis I thought for sure is footage that would sink him.
but yeah…
The guy has like a 10% approval rating but the boogeyman spun by the right and Springer will basically keep the CDU in power for the next decade due to old people.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Missed this yesterday.
New poll by "Wahlkreisprognose.de".

This poll only consist of your secondary vote
Also a map of the federal states with the given color of the party with the most secondary votes

Over at http://www.wahlkreisprognose.de/ (if it works again) you can also seepredictions for each
constituency so you can make tactical choices there a month down the road

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And this just came in (great timing lol):

Focus poll by Kantar.
Poll by phone from August 11 to August 17
1920 people got asked

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want more info on the "Sonstige" tab!
Can't tell at what threhold they (Emnid) start listing a party seperate, but my guess is, that "Freie Wähler" the even more conservative coalition partner of the CSU in Bayern is around 3-4% while parties like "Volt" or "Die PARTEI" are around 1-1.5%. The rest is everything else

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Is Scholz more popular than his party? Seems strange that he's 8pc more popular than the overall SDP primary vote

He has been a farily popular mayor of Hamburg before he became the Minister of Finance, arguably the most important Ministry .
Compared to Laschet and Baerbock (lol) he has the appropriate CV to be a chancellor, also had by far the least fuck ups in his campaign so far.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
all the parties are dogshit these last 10 years in particular and I'm not looking forward to vote. i'm a lifelong SPD voter

anyone who votes CDU/CSU this election is a lost cause and I feel SPD is nowadays basically a CDU-lite so i can barely vote for them because it's like voting for CDU

The greens have some OK policies but overall represent a lot of my frustrations with the left in germany. a green party that has dumb as fuck energy policies.

might not vote at all for the first time in my life this election so gonna give my vote to Die Partei

I like Scholz, I liked him as mayor, but I don't know if I can vote SPD *again* even if he's in leadership position atm

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
If the silly linke voters would swallow their fantasies of getting anywhere with that vote just once, and vote green instead, we'd be rid of both cdu and SPD.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
all the parties are dogshit these last 10 years in particular and I'm not looking forward to vote. i'm a lifelong SPD voter

anyone who votes CDU/CSU this election is a lost cause and I feel SPD is nowadays basically a CDU-lite so i can barely vote for them because it's like voting for CDU

The greens have some OK policies but overall represent a lot of my frustrations with the left in germany. a green party that has dumb as fuck energy policies.

might not vote at all for the first time in my life this election so gonna give my vote to Die Partei

I like Scholz, I liked him as mayor, but I don't know if I can vote SPD *again* even if he's in leadership position atm
Do the wahl-o-mat with some of the Splitterparteien.
That's how I found that Volt is a perfect fit for me.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Do the wahl-o-mat with some of the Splitterparteien.
That's how I found that Volt is a perfect fit for me.
I know next to nothing about Volt but I think they've been there the last round of elections too.

Isn't that basically throwing your vote away?

I feel like it's too important for CDU not to be in power under Laschet but I'm also not sure what to vote - green is basically black when it comes to coalition. They've more or less chosen CDU as their alignment.
SPD doesn't have a chance - neither do Linke.
FDP would be as bad as I could vote next to something like AFD which is an obvious no.

If Die Partei would be likely to get over 5% I would protest-vote for them just for their ability stirr some shit up with minimal % of the Bundestag. They don't make policy but they have a pretty loud voice.

That being said this is a pretty great thread! Great and informative OP too!

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I know next to nothing about Volt but I think they've been there the last round of elections too.

Isn't that basically throwing your vote away?

I feel like it's too important for CDU not to be in power under Laschet but I'm also not sure what to vote - green is basically black when it comes to coalition. They've more or less chosen CDU as their alignment.
SPD doesn't have a chance - neither do Linke.
FDP would be as bad as I could vote next to something like AFD which is an obvious no.

If Die Partei would be likely to get over 5% I would protest-vote for them just for their ability stirr some shit up with minimal % of the Bundestag. They don't make policy but they have a pretty loud voice.

That being said this is a pretty great thread! Great and informative OP too!

They have not been around the last Bundestagswahl, nope.
They formed in 2016. Now they have a seat in the Europaparlament, the dutch government and more than 5% in several cities in Germany.
So for me that is not throwing my vote away, no.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
Honestly it's more the press making an elephant out of every mosquito....
True.

Still, with Habeck, the greens would had a slam dunk vs L(auch)schet.

On the other hand, CDU would have won with Söder so it's not all so bad.

Not happy with the Greens where I live (Hessen) and how they handled some NSU stuff lately + the BW greens with Kretschmann in coalition with the CDU is as already been said a CDU-light and nothing more.

Gonna be interesting to see if CDU loses, if Merz is gonna try it in 4 years (and win, and then we're fucked).

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda like the Volt party, feels like they could be a party to look for in future elections, but they're currently just too small.

Which was expected, especially from Springer. To not be prepared for that is just naive

Look, i don't have any good opinion or thing to say about CDU/CSU, and very often i just think of them doing the worst.

But even i didn't expect the CDU to go full on GOP with smear campaigns and what it feels like an election campaign that was purely based on "The other candidate do bad/shitty things, the greens eat children" while keeping their own candidate and plans in the back.

That is straight up AfD level.

E:

But, funny thing, i've read, i think on t-online.de, that the current campaign manager of Armin Laschet is a former editor-in-chief of Bild "Zeitung" and RTL.

Just if you're asking yourself why the "scandals" of Baerbock were treated way with way more spotlight than the shit Armin Laschet did so far.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get this.
How will any small party ever get bigger if people think that way?

They will get bigger with more young people hitting the age requirement to vote.

Heck, i might even give them my vote(s) in the future, but for this election it's (for me) more important to support the parties whose "win" will prevent Chancellor Armin Laschet or a CDU-led coalition in general.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
would like to have more insight on this. gathering from what I read here, it seems this election is SPD's to lose (considering their sudden rise in popularity). is it gonna be a likely coalition govt? and with who would SPD form with if they do have plurality?

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
would like to have more insight on this. gathering from what I read here, it seems this election is SPD's to lose (considering their sudden rise in popularity). is it gonna be a likely coalition govt? and with who would SPD form with if they do have plurality?

At the moment the election basically seems to be this gif (again) with Scholz 'Luigi-ing' his campaign Biden-style and Laschet and Baerbock doing all the work for him:

MeanFatCommongonolek-max-1mb.gif

Kind of clever, actually. Scholz seems to be running a Merkel-style campaign and with Merkel no longer a factor, this might actually work out it in the end. I mean, it was only a few months ago where everyone had Scholz and the SPD firmly in third place... and then Laschet and Baerbock started fucking up, Scholz just kept on doing nothing and then the polls started to slowly shift.

IF this isn't a fluke and the SPD does decently on election night (= ahead of the Greens and not too far behind the CDU/CSU), then I guess an 'Ampel' coaltion (SPD + Greens + FDP) is gonna be the likeliest outcome. This would still suck, of course, because the FDP is terrible and to say that Lindner is a prick is putting it lightly. But it would still suck less compared to anything that involves Laschet as Chancellor.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
There is only one big party I can vote for right now, even though there is stuff I'm not ok with. But "Die Grünen" is the the only party that wants change. And even if they can only push parts of it through, it would be a start. Coal power plants until '38? Fuck off.

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
An important point should be that the FDP refused to form a government in the last period under Lindner.