• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Nice quote from a councilman for this town as well:
"I'm a Christian and my Christian beliefs are you don't do interracial marriage. That's the way I was brought up and that's the way I believe," he said. "I have black friends, I hired black people. But when it comes to all this stuff you see on TV, when you see blacks and whites together, it makes my blood boil because that's just not the way a Christian is supposed to live."
How ironic that he is literally unwilling to let Christ into his life.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
as a life time Georgian, you stay on the highway unless you are close to Atlanta, Svannah, Athens, Stateboros, or Augusta. Sundown towns still very much a thing
No lies detected.

Sometimes Google will take me all manner of back roads from my job to mitigate the effect of traffic. Doesn't take much to find a confederate flag in some of these parts on stores and things.

I keep driving. I wanna trend on Twitter for something positive one day.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Ah, my home state doing humanity proud once again. I wish I could get out of this fucking backwards state someday. Smdh

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
When everything is burning, being under fire isn't all that unique.

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OK, what can we do about this? I live in Georgia, I don't want this sort of shit to continue, and I want to do more about this than just be angry.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
as a life time Georgian, you stay on the highway unless you are close to Atlanta, Svannah, Athens, Stateboros, or Augusta. Sundown towns still very much a thing

Yep.

People forget how big GA is relatively speaking for an East coast state. There is a lot of wide open space between the big cities ie where all of the old school southern white racists people still think it's the 1800s.

Oct 27, 2017
"I'm a Christian and my Christian beliefs are you don't do interracial marriage. That's the way I was brought up and that's the way I believe," he said. "I have black friends, I hired black people. But when it comes to all this stuff you see on TV, when you see blacks and whites together, it makes my blood boil because that's just not the way a Christian is supposed to live."

I didn't know there was a Jim Crow version of the Bible

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I didn't know there was a Jim Crow version of the Bible
The Southern interpretation of the Bible is a major factor in why Africans were treated like animals during slavery and why we're still suffering from the remnants of that system today. The Bible specifically spells out that slavery is wrong so to get around that in their minds the Southerners decided to call African slaves beasts which the Bible grants men dominion over. We had to be stripped of our humanity in order for these hipocrits to go to church every Sunday and their descendants haven't abandoned much of those beliefs as you can see.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Sometimes i really hate my skin color. It gets really tiring knowing you are not wanted.
I'm white, and I'd much rather have you around than these racist dipshits. They make me ashamed to be white.

Also, how much cognitive dissonance could someone possibly have to use the phrase "I have black friends" and immediately follow it with "when you see blacks and whites together, it makes my blood boil because that's just not the way a Christian is supposed to live." I mean, obviously this person doesn't have black friends, but if they did, does that mean that whenever they're hanging out they're just seething mad at themselves? "Oh, I'm really letting down Jesus today." Dumbass racists.

It's a good thing the Supreme Court decided that we didn't need the voting rights act anymore because racism got eradicated on November 4, 2008. This fucking country....

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
The Southern interpretation of the Bible is a major factor in why Africans were treated like animals during slavery and why we're still suffering from the remnants of that system today. The Bible specifically spells out that slavery is wrong so to get around that in their minds the Southerners decided to call African slaves beasts which the Bible grants men dominion over. We had to be stripped of our humanity in order for these hipocrits to go to church every Sunday and their descendants haven't abandoned much of those beliefs as you can see.

Yep, African slaves were said to be cursed by God and only suitable for physical labor. As you said there were reduced to animals that were meant to be exploited for profit.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
This is why I laugh when people say this state is going blue. This place gets bad once you leave Atlanta.