• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
"I think quite honestly this week went real well other than a couple of virtual photos," Gov. Brian Kemp said at a news conference with the U.S. surgeon general.

In nearby Cherokee County, 12 students and two staff members from a dozen schools tested positive for the virus during their first week back at school. The Cherokee County school system reported that more than 250 students with potential exposure had been sent home to quarantine for two weeks.

Kemp and U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams both said that Georgians can expect to see newly reported cases as schools and businesses reopen.

"I want the people of Georgia to know that we don't have to wait until we get a vaccine, we don't have to hide until we get a miracle therapeutic," Adams said.

"We need the Atlanta Falcons, we need the Atlanta Hawks, we need all the influencers out there who these teens look toward to be out promoting mask wearing, to have masks with cool designs on them, to make it a cool, a fun and exciting thing to do," he said. "And if we do that we'll see a lot more kids wearing masks than not wearing masks."

www.politico.com

Georgia governor: School openings going well except photos of crowded hallways

Photos shared widely on social media last week showed hallways packed shoulder to shoulder at a school northwest of Atlanta.

Instead of influencer... just do the government job of making it require?

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
www.politico.com

Georgia governor: School openings going well except photos of crowded hallways

Photos shared widely on social media last week showed hallways packed shoulder to shoulder at a school northwest of Atlanta.

Instead of influencer... just do the government job of making it require?

I think you both missed the point. Kids will be stupid. The issue is the gas lighting they did regarding masks for 3-4 months and have so many parents not giving a shit about it and just a ton of people think it's infringing on their rights / makes them breathe carbon monoxide, etc.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
God this is my State too. Should be illegal to be in positions like this and be so stupid.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Those sports teams should do the responsible thing and respond by telling him its HIS job to keep his states citizens safe and make masks mandatory through an executive order.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think you both missed the point. Kids will be stupid. The issue is the gas lighting they did regarding masks for 3-4 months and have so many parents not giving a shit about it and just a ton of people think it's infringing on their rights / makes them breathe carbon monoxide, etc.
Yep it's 100% this.

In a sane, responsible society, his point re: "influencers" would be vitally important for convincing teens and preteens to do the right thing. Because in that same society, parents would already be in board and pushing masks to their kids, too, as would all politicians and news media. And our only collective battle would be against youthful rebelliousness or laxity, which isn't a commentary on any particular generation, as its every generation at that age.

We don't live in that society.

The adults in our society are, on the whole, a fucking failure. The kids aren't the cause of the problem.

Oct 29, 2017
Those numbers for Cherokee County are old. That County is up to 50 positive cases and 826 quarantined kids as of Monday afternoon.

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
Kemp is 56 so not that old. Should know the difference between viral and "virtual".

Yo, I know he didn't grow up with horse drawn carriages. Maybe he associates paper photos in his mind as the "real thing" since that's how it was when he was growing up and the ones on your phone are now virtual in his head. Sounds weird and out of touch enough to make sense to me.