• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
This is such a fitting cap to the semi-regular discussion about how the Conway's stay married to each other.

people.com

Trump Aide Kellyanne Conway's Husband Endorses Joe Biden in 2020 Presidential Race

"Publicly supporting a Democratic nominee for president is a first for all of us," George Conway wrote with other Republicans

George made those feelings even more clear this week by co-writing a column for The Washington Post with fellow anti-Trump Republicans supporting Democratic candidate Joe Biden in the 2020 presidential race.

George, along with other members of the conservative group The Lincoln Project — which was formed in December with the mission of getting Trump out of office — announced in their Post op-ed on Wednesday that they would be backing Biden in his presidential run.

"Today, the United States is beset with a president who was unprepared for the burden of the presidency and who has made plain his deficits in leadership, management, intelligence and morality," the group, including George, wrote.

They continued: "Publicly supporting a Democratic nominee for president is a first for all of us. We are in extraordinary times, and we have chosen to put country over party — and former vice president Joe Biden is the candidate who we believe will do the same."

Reading that really highlights how serious George is about removing Trump.

This was an ad the Lincoln Project released recently.

Never Trumpers do exist and are finally putting their money where their mouth pieces are.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can only hope there is enough of them to make up for those who refuse to vote out Trump because Biden is too "moderate".

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think this is a fetish between the Conways now? Like they curse each other out with their politics and then the hate sex is amazing?

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Has he said what he did last time? I'm guessing he just abstained from voting rather than voting for Hillary?

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I really don't know what to think about Conway. If you truly believe Trump has blood on his hands, why are still in a relationship with someone who not only had a huge hand in his rise to power but also continues to defend him?

Honestly I don't care enough about of them to research it, but it's hard to believe they aren't cynically playing both sides. They both seem old, I can't imagine it's something like a "Stay together for the kids" situation. I guess maybe their finances are entangled enough that they stay married out of convenience?

The ad seems well done, hopefully stuff like this can convince people of the truth, though who the fuck could possibly be on the fence at this point?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
This just makes me sad we'll never get Tim Conway's endorsement.

Deleted member 65068

User requested account closure
Apr 2, 2020
apparently, each other. so it kind of works out?
they must love each other very much.

giphy.gif

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I had to Google who that was. Anyone who can remain married to someone like that should get no recognition as anything approaching liberal/left.
He's not liberal. His wife is in it for the money, he recognizes that fact, and he simply voices the opinions in a manner she's not able to because she's in it for the money.

There's no way in hell they'd be able to maintain a relationship if this wasn't the case, IMO.

Erimriv

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Ableist Rhetoric
Who's DNC replacement for Biden? Cause the man is obviuosly affected by dementia... just watched his yesterday's interview on CNN, he's lost it.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Can we stop giving this guy attention? He is a grifter.

Has anyone grilled him live about his wife supporting trump? I'd like for a QnA about wtf is going on with them. Else it's just a game they are playing like to release a book about "their struggles ". Fuck outta here.

OP
OP
mutantmagnet

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Dude cried of joy when Trump became president.
Nah. As a Republican it's not surprising he was initially supportive but unlike the overwhelming majority he was quick to criticize this president when noone else from that party (aside from those with clear grudges from the primary election) would. It is a good thing that he and similar conservatives are raising money and using it to try and whittle away at Trump's chances of winning the election.

At this point it doesn't matter if this is a grift or not because he and other conservatives are taking direct action against Trump which just benefits us.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
Someone on Reddit argued that the Conway's were just playing both sides.

Kellyanne is just gaining from Trump right now, and when he gets taken down, then George will gain by being anti-Trump.

I don't know enough about the Conway's to say whether it's true, but it made some kind of sense I thought.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
The conways are 100% pulling a doublesided grift so fuck them.

At the same time Conway does shit all over Trump on twitter and in public, which surely bugs the hell out of Trump so, I'll allow it. Fuck them both still, but any shitting on of trump is for a good cause.