• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Probably a remake

Activision released the Crash Trilogy and Spiro Trilogy in the past few years and they sold very well. I think another trilogy remake for Tony Hawk will do the same.

They tried this with Tony Hawk HD and the results were less then optimal. If you're gonna remaster THPS1-3 you need to really make sure you don't fuck it up.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would die if this were a THPS/2/3 remake with all of the original music. Day fucking one.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
So when is this happening?
It would be so nice if we could have a summary thread with all the announcements over this summer pinned, since it's going to be so fragmented without E3 happening.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A good Tony Hawk announcement would be sweet.

A good Tony Hawk announcement with the game coming out this week would be sweeter!

Oct 29, 2017
Tony Hawk 1 and 2 remake with original maps, skaters, and supposedly soundtrack. More features as well. Just got a text from aN official Tony Hawk mailing list number

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
So I just got a text from tony hawk
I thought you were joking then I remembered I signed up for his text thing and sure enough I got one too lol.

"Hey I have a surprise and wanted to tell you first: we are bringing back Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2! Original maps, original skaters and songs from the original soundtrack, plus new features! The game looks awesome and will be officially announced soon."

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
My point is that the IP's stock couldn't possibly be lower if they tried. The studio with a good track record with the series is gone, and Activision have made a series of terrible Tony Hawk games since, regardless of who they enlisted to make them.

I'm completely open to the idea of someone making a good, new Tony Hawk game. But they've done nothing with the series in years to deserve anything approaching hype or anticipation at the prospect of a new Tony Hawk game.
No, of course not. I'm just saying the fact that Robomodo isn't around anymore is reason enough for me to not write this off immediately.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
If it is Tony Hawk then I wish in hindsight Keighley responded to the Batman guesses with "No, think Superman."

Oct 27, 2017
Tweet broken, what did it say?
it was the ps1 "Playstation" intro screen.
HCaQXOA.png