• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
2020 | OT | Please Manage Your Expectations

..... Another multi-plat indie?

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019

Seems like Tuesday's game reveal won't be anything super huge or big.

If it's not as cool & fun to everyone's standards, let's not forget to circle the wagons to harass Geoff into an apology. For the crazy folks out there, preemptively type out your threats. We need to make sure Geoff knows that you can't say anything about games prior to the information releasing. These are GAMES we're talking about here. We are in the middle of a war, people. I will not stand by quietly while people like Geoff have the audacity to let us know that information is on the way. THIS WILL NOT STAND.

Feb 8, 2018
Cool and fun? What the heck does that even mean lol? That would describe most games.

I have a feeling any one-off single game announcements will be small-to-medium. Nothing AAA.

Could mean everything from a Rocket league type of experience or arcade sports similar to that Tsubasa Soccer game to extreme sports. Or something completely different.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Mmmmh...

coollogo_com-1528666.png

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Tennis For 2

This sequel to one of the world's first video games brings Tennis For Two back to the spotlight.

Featuring these brand new and exciting features!

*Oscilloscope screen size increased to 7 inches

*RPG elements considered, then abandoned

*VR implementation
With how they turned Pong into an RPG this past week...

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of a "Tennis for Two" remake.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Difficult times!!
locked in home, with absolute no games in my backlog and zero exciting announcements.
i know that covid slowed everything but with everybody locked in home, I think companies should show their new games.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Don't ignore next month. There is potential for major announcements and reveals.

I really hope so!!
i love see new games being announced.
unfortunately nowadays I like to play only AAA story driven games like Sony, rockstar, cd project and rocksteady produce.
i don't leave my home since end of february and already played all major releases this generation that I care.
its a really hard time...

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Do we know what his show is gonna look like? Are we getting his show a few times a week throughout the summer or is it more like games being revealed here and there?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Cool and fun" strikes me as damning the game with faint praise. It's like getting a 7/10 in Nintendo Power.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I believe when its something big, we will see the companies teasing something or a countdown.

WB wouldnt just annouce a new Batman game without any kind of tease

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So we won't get any big splashes until early June. Sucks, but we wouldn't have had it with E3 happening, so not much changed.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's multiple more events happening this month so hold that thought.
At the rate it's going, those other events are probably still for smaller titles.
Maybe they just want to save the drooling-inducing, blockbuster moments for the Sony and Xbox events, it doesn't look like anybody wants to go before.
I'll be glad to be wrong, though.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Difficult times!!
locked in home, with absolute no games in my backlog and zero exciting announcements.
i know that covid slowed everything but with everybody locked in home, I think companies should show their new games.

The good news is that your backlog isn't just games games you own, it's also every great game you missed. So congrats, you still have hundreds of great games to play that are available right now.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
At the rate it's going, those other events are probably still for smaller titles.
Maybe they just want to save the drooling-inducing, blockbuster moments for the Sony and Xbox events, it doesn't look like anybody wants to go before.
I'll be glad to be wrong, though.
We might be getting something about the PS5 hardware this month. Also, Edge Magazine has a piece about a studio/game on the 21st, and they used the line "the next generation rises" to promote it. Maybe Geoff will spend some time on that as well.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
I think Geoff said that as a joke tbh.

We'll see but in my head it's tongue in cheek. And the only reason it would be is if the game is actually kinda big.

It's hard to say "manage expectations" for just one game. It's kinda like saying "look it's nothing important, really"

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe he's announcing that mass effect hd trilogy that was rumored last week?

Either that or fortnite/apex ps5/series x versions.

If it's either of those then yawn.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We might be getting something about the PS5 hardware this month. Also, Edge Magazine has a piece about a studio/game on the 21st, and they used the line "the next generation rises" to promote it. Maybe Geoff will spend some time on that as well.

Fingers crossed🤞
I hope it's something big.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I hope that Geoff comes through with some Ghost of Tsushima gameplay sometime this month.... That would be one hell of a get for this event roll out

Oct 28, 2017
It's starting to feel like we're never gonna get a PS5 hardware reveal. It feels like I've been reading rumors and "possible " reveal leaks forever now.

I'll probably be reading "possible PS5 reveal happening in 2039" stories in 2038. 😪