• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geoff Keighley

The Game Awards Mastermind
Verified
Nov 12, 2017
"Tune in tomorrow and I will tell you about a controller!"

We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for SummerGamesFest content, now....
giphy.gif

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Well, since Sony said that most of the features on the Dual Sence were ready for the PS4 Pro but they choose to not added them back then because it was going to be a way bigger leap that they wanted, I wouldn't be surpresed if it works on PS4/Pro with a firmware update.

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
Well, since Sony said that most of the features on the Dual Sence were ready for the PS4 Pro but they choose to not added them back then because it was going to be a way bigger leap that they wanted, I wouldn't be surpresed if it works on PS4/Pro with a firmware update.
The exact quote:
That difference has been a long time coming. Product manager Toshi Aoki says the controller team has been working on haptic feedback since the DualShock 4 was in development. They even could have included it in PS4 Pro, the mid-cycle refresh—though doing so would have created a "split experience" for gamers, so the feature suite was held for the next generation.
www.wired.com

Exclusive: A Deeper Look at the PlayStation 5

Now that the name is official, we've got more details about Sony's next-gen console—from the haptics-packed controller to UI improvements.

Nov 9, 2017
We haven't seen the back of the thing yet have we...I've gotten so fucking used to the back button attachment for the DS4 that going to a controller that doesn't have back button placements is gonna be a little weird....

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
They'll just sell a new attachment.
Sadly I think you might be right with this assessment...

Read thru this thread and keep hope alive. Some of us dont think it has buttons built in. I think they showed enough of the controller to all but confirm it doesnt.

www.resetera.com

Sony patent shows a controller adaptor for wireless charging and backbuttons

The patent was registered yesterday (26) http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=10661161&OS=10661161&RS=10661161 https://patents.google.com/patent/US20200061456A1/en?oq=US+20200061456+A1

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those sharp edges on the grips are going to be perfect for scraping the sweat off my hands.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
We haven't seen the back of the thing yet have we...I've gotten so fucking used to the back button attachment for the DS4 that going to a controller that doesn't have back button placements is gonna be a little weird....
Everyone thinks the back has something hidden and that's why it hasn't been shown. It's going to be nothing in the back and at best, maybe a new adaptor comes out in like two years

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Damn even I haven't gotten my hands on the proper white ones!

Dat influencer/content creator/hype man privilege! ^^

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Advanced haptics always seem cool but for me never reach the hype. First Xbox One had the haptic triggers. Noticed but then quickly got used to it and can't tell the difference between it and the DS4 now. Next came the Switch with the HD rumble that was only really showcased in 1-2 Switch. Cool, but instantly forgotten.

Anyways looking forward to this new controller. Really hope the battery life is at least 2x

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Advanced haptics always seem cool but for me never reach the hype. First Xbox One had the haptic triggers. Noticed but then quickly got used to it and can't tell the difference between it and the DS4 now. Next came the Switch with the HD rumble that was only really showcased in 1-2 Switch. Cool, but instantly forgotten.

Anyways looking forward to this new controller. Really hope the battery life is at least 2x

People seem to confuse the haptics in the controller.

The controller has adaptive triggers.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
They've been inching ever closer to the xbox controller in form factor, which is a great thing. It's probably gonna feel great

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Geoff ask sSony about the back buttons, and when we can expect a back button accessory. Surely Sony won't include one at the end of the generation like they did with Dualshock 4. I still think back buttons would've been so big to include on the controller.