• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
It's either Assassins Creed Japan, a new trailer for BOTW2 on SwitchPro, Mass Effect 4, brand new Blizzard IP or a new trailer for Obsidians Rust game showing off new emotes.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I mean, looking at that guy's schedule, he also has 'Mel Gibson Picture' and 'Xboxing Day.' I don't know if we should be looking super close at that May 12th listing lol

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of a bummer that every single announcement is already getting painted as a disappointment whenver it's not the next, big Triple AAA Blockbuster. It's so great that so many fascinating indie titles by smaller teams get so much exposure these days. I could just really do without the negativity surrounding them whenver they turn out not to be GTA 6.
They've left us frothing at the mouth for too long and people's hype has got the better of them. Can't get mad when the industry created this beast themselves.

Zones

Oct 28, 2017
Okey, so this could potentially be Spider-Man PS5.

A few days ago, Edge Magazine had this red cover teaser with a caption that said "The next generation rises". Red to me indicates either Switch or Spider-Man, and in this next-gen context, the former makes zero sense.

Moreover, Sony has been very relentless on using Spider-Man as a mean to showcase the advantages of their blazing fast SSD, and it makes sense to use a game like Spider-Man to be the first tease into the next-generation PlayStation, because when it comes to next-gen exclusives, this particular IP has the widest reach amongst both the mainstream and enthusiast gamers.

Oh and Spider-Man is certainly "cool and fun".

est1992

Oct 27, 2017

A few days ago, Edge Magazine had this red cover teaser with a caption that said "The next generation rises". Red to me indicates either Switch or Spider-Man, and in this next-gen context, the former makes zero sense.

Moreover, Sony has been very relentless on using Spider-Man as a mean to showcase the advantages of their blazing fast SSD, and it makes sense to use a game like Spider-Man to be the first tease into the next-generation PlayStation, because when it comes to next-gen exclusives, this particular IP has the widest reach amongst both the mainstream and enthusiast gamers.

I love the hype, but ain't no way Spider-Man's getting revealed outside a Sony event.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017

There's no way it's Spider-Man.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

If I had the scoop on announcing a new Spider-Man game, I wouldn't describe it as "cool and fun". I'd hype the fuck out of that announcement if I were Geoff. It's definitely not SM.

Also, a new Spider-Man game would 100% be announced at a Sony event.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Geoff has already told people temper exceptions twice, I don't think he'd do that if it was something that big.

Nov 23, 2019
RRT4 ▶︎▶︎▶︎
Does this look like "fun"?

tumblr_npch01Y7oQ1t0co30o1_400.gif

Feb 8, 2018

That's interesting. I'm not a comic guy, but it might as well be next-gen avengers then?