• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
i doubt it, but i really hope that may 12 announcement is Harry Potter. unless it's at inside xbox, in which case even better

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
People are expecting the first surprise reveal to be a huge AAA game?

Magnet

Oct 29, 2017
Is there a major difference between subscribing to the calendar and signing up for email notifications? (It says calendar covers all events, does email do the same? It just mentions "key events" under the email section.)

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Hm, I feel like we were led on a little bit...Only two things on the schedule so far. 1 that we knew about.

EDIT: Ah, I see I can select different months.

I'm wondering if the majority are just gunna be little drops like the new game announcement on the 12th. Already a little bummed if that is the case. I would prefer if they just waited and collected a number of game announcements first.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
So what are we expecting for the 12th?

Geoff Keighley

The Game Awards Mastermind
Verified
Nov 12, 2017
Correct,
Is there a major difference between subscribing to the calendar and signing up for email notifications? (It says calendar covers all events, does email do the same? It just mentions "key events" under the email section.)

The calendar will give you all events (or you can select individual ones). The email notifications will be less frequent just to not spam your inbox.

larryfox

Apr 27, 2020
Something mid sized like a No Man's Sky game. I wouldn't expect a publisher to so casually reveal a AAA game like that.
Isn't that what E3 has done since it inception Since this show is part of the replay for E3 shouldn't we expect AAA game reveals? I could see a CGI reveal of a AAA game and save the gameplay for their event if they have it.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Could be Call of Duty.

Activision is one of the partners. And they don't have the NBA playoffs to debut the trailer on like they usually like to.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I want this new game reveal to be either Batman or Harry Potter but it's probably not gonna be. It'll probably be COD.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Correct,

The calendar will give you all events (or you can select individual ones). The email notifications will be less frequent just to not spam your inbox.
Hi Geoff,
Are the new trailers that are dropping tomorrow part of the fest? If so, why aren't they added to the calendar? Is the calendar still being updated today?
Thanks

Geoff Keighley

The Game Awards Mastermind
Verified
Nov 12, 2017
Hi Geoff,
Are the new trailers that are dropping tomorrow part of the fest? If so, why aren't they added to the calendar? Is the calendar still being updated today?
Thanks

That's a good question, as of now we weren't going to put every trailer as an "event" per se, but if you guys think it's valuable we can of course consider adding. We might add sort of a secondary tab? Agree there is value there, just don't want to spam people with too many things.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
It's a different approach -- things weren't going to line up into one week. In fact you'll see some publishers do multiple events/touch points across the summer. It's not just about one 2 hour "press conference" anymore, think about playable content, extended looks at games, and so on. And we're certainly not programming things every day, there will be breaks. And in-game events and content too.

When you look back across the summer at Labor Day, I hope you'll say "I got all the news I wanted, and played a bunch of cool things too." This is a container for all that, and we have some big surprises coming too. Today is just the initial announcement, the schedule on the website will launch next week.

Thanks. Appreciate what you do for the industry.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
An excellent idea for sure!
This may have been suggested already, but will there be events that are similar to the E3 Coliseum?
One of my favorite parts of E3 was watching panels from industry professionals that ranged in a variety of topics.
I would enjoy seeing something similar throughout the Summer Game Fest.

Oct 24, 2019
Anyone got a list of rumored, unannounced games? Preferably with developer?

Only gonna list multiplats since Sony/Xbox/Nintendo games would obviously be revealed at their events.

1. Batman Court Of Owls from WB Montreal

2. Suicide Squad from Rocksteady

3. Harry Potter from Avalanche

4. Hitman 3 from IOI

5. Crash Bandicoot from Vicarious Visions

6. Resident Evil 8 from Capcom

7. Prince of Persia from Ubisoft

8. Far Cry 6 from Ubisoft

9. Platinum's 5th announcement from the "Platinum 5"

10. New Kingdom Hearts from Square Enix

11. Dead Island 2 from Deep Silver

12. Saints Row 5 from Deep Silver

13. Back 4 Blood from WB

14. Avatar from Ubisoft

15. New IP from Creative Assembly

16. Mafia 4/New IP from Hanger 13

17. Mass Effect trilogy remaster from EA

18. Skate Mobile from EA

19. New Tony Hawk from Activision

20. Star Wars Project Maverick from EA

That's what I got off the top of my head, I'm sure there's plenty I'm missing

Edit:

Added things I missed initially and tightened up the formatting a bit. If you see anything else I forgot, let me know and I'll add it!

Last edited:

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Geoff, you are an amazing person, thanks for being part and making better of this industry.

Will be hyped about this events.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Only gonna list multiplats since Sony/Xbox/Nintendo games would obviously be revealed at their events.

Batman Court Of Owls from WB Montreal

Suicide Squad from Rocksteady

Harry Potter from Avalanche

Hitman 3 from IOI

Crash Bandicoot from Vicarious Visions

Resident Evil 8 from Capcom

Prince of Persia from Ubisoft

Far Cry 6 from Ubisoft

Platinum's 5th announcement from the "Platinum 5"

New Kingdom Hearts from Square Enix

Thanks for this!

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
I see a lot of people hyped up about the 12th May announcement, but the description just reads like it will be some Indie, AA small game.
I dont see an AAA game being announced like that, specially any WB Game, since they will, supposedly, have their own direct this year.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Hitman 3 from IOI

Far Cry 6 from Ubisoft

New Tony Hawk game from Activision

Project Maverick Star Wars flight sim from EA

Humam

Oct 25, 2017

Hitman 3 from IOI

Far Cry 6 from Ubisoft

Dead Island 2 from Deep Silver

Saints Row 5 from Deep Silver

Back 4 Blood from WB

New IP from Creative Assembly

Mafia 4/New IP from Hanger 13

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
I would really like to see a Dead Island 2 re-reveal. However, as these type of events go, regardless of which company it is, I go in with zero expectations and just enjoy the ride. Then laugh at all the crushed expectations ;)

Deleted member 64666

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
I honestly would love to see Tomb Raider, although, I don't think we will see anything until next year for Tomb Raider.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
That's a good question, as of now we weren't going to put every trailer as an "event" per se, but if you guys think it's valuable we can of course consider adding. We might add sort of a secondary tab? Agree there is value there, just don't want to spam people with too many things.
I think it would add a lot, specially with trailers for smaller titles that could be overshadowed by bigger titles.

Oct 24, 2019
Dead Island 2 from Deep Silver

Saints Row 5 from Deep Silver

Back 4 Blood from WB

New IP from Creative Assembly

Mafia 4/New IP from Hanger 13

Good picks, thanks!

Cosmic Voyager you should add these and just keep one long list on tab. That way as Summer Fest goes on and announcements happen, we can keep track of what is left.

That's a solid idea, thanks! I've added the things others have reminded me about and will update the list as needed. Also tidied it up a little and made it into a list so it's not just a formless wall of text lol

PetyrBaeless

Apr 3, 2019
The reveal on the 12th will probably be one of the following:

- A new indie from a prominent indie dev team

- a cool looking AA title

- a yearly AAA title (not new, not too surprising)

NotUS

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely, one hub for key dates for events, interviews, trailers etc would be awesome. This way we can choose what to be reminded about, but are not missing out on anything of significance.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I see a lot of people hyped up about the 12th May announcement, but the description just reads like it will be some Indie, AA small game.
I dont see an AAA game being announced like that, specially any WB Game, since they will, supposedly, have their own direct this year.

Not sure how you draw "Well actually it can't be AAA, maybe AA or A because of the wording!" from it stating "Surprise game announcement"

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
So, there will surely be more things than what is scheduled right now, right? I imagine there's a lot of things that once have at least a day will feature on the calendar, but right now have not a clear planned day. Because that sounds like mostly nothing right now, considering the Xbox thing got announced outside/before this afaik. I see this is a mix of compilation of individual events/streams/announcements and proper collaborations or own hostings (like Gamescom opening night or the sunshine things, of which there's only one but it is numbered so I assume more will come later).

And yeah Geoff Keighley as long as Sony doesn't oppose to it (which I don't see why they would, or even if they would have a say on that), I'd put today's TLOU2 trailer on the calendar. That way in retrospect we can get a view of all the summer's major news once it's finished. It goes with the "compilation" thing I mentioned plus it has been announced in advance (yesterday) and it's a major release.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I have to say, the font is atrocious. It's not very readable and numbers like 8 and 9 look the same. At first I thought there was a mistake and both Inside Xbox and Sunrise event started at 8A PT.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt this request will be fulfilled, but is there anyway to go old-school and add an RSS feed to the webpage?

Yup, I still rock with Live bookmarks (or "Livemarks" now that Mozilla officially removed support and you need plugins).