• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Just to set expectations , we are not announcing every event across the entire summer today. The initial schedules events will be going up today with the ability to set reminders. Things will be announced on a rolling basis....a lot of this is being built in real time with the publishers.

I am also going to be doing some pre/post shows for events with guests/etc., just like the old E3 times. More on that soon!
Very cool... looking forward to your shows and interviews. To me that is what will take this from "collection of previously planned announcements" to something that has its own flavor and impact. I have really enjoyed your E3 shows throughout the years :)

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Just to set expectations , we are not announcing every event across the entire summer today. The initial schedules events will be going up today with the ability to set reminders. Things will be announced on a rolling basis....a lot of this is being built in real time with the publishers.

I am also going to be doing some pre/post shows for events with guests/etc., just like the old E3 times. More on that soon!
Cosmic Voyager Told ya lol

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
With it being Wednesday here in only four hours, I do hope the schedule will translate into different timezones, or at least have an option to set timezone. Worst thing about E3 is everything running on Pacific Time and having to work out what miserable hour of the morning 6PM Pacific is here.

I also hope people planning digital events don't schedule everything at fuck Europe o'clock since it's online, but that's out of Keighley's control...

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017

Just chiming to say this is all sounding great and we appreciate the work put into it behind the scenes!

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
But the reveals etc. are all going on in the publisher/developer's usual channels, not at a specific location in the world at a specific time and aren't even mentioning this.

That's what I'm not getting. These reveals aren't hosted at the socials of this, or on a localised stream or in a specific building so what's the point of it?
It seems to have more in common with what was being done with YouTube during E3. Scheduling reactions/interviews and other segments around what publishers have planned this summer. That's why a lot of it is TBD.

Geoff Keighley

The Game Awards Mastermind
Verified
Nov 12, 2017
Very cool... looking forward to your shows and interviews. To me that is what will take this from "collection of previously planned announcements" to something that has its own flavor and impact. I have really enjoyed your E3 shows throughout the years :)

For sure, we have a lot of stuff in the works -- this is somewhat real time given everything going on in the world, so open to suggestions and ideas too.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
If this event evolves to the point where people at home can play/stream the same demos that people normally wait in line for at E3 and other events then I'd be ecstatic.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France

Makes sense.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
If this event evolves to the point where people at home can play/stream the same demos that people normally wait in line for at E3 and other events then I'd be ecstatic.
I think the last priority teams would have with WFH would be doing E3 level demos, but who knows. I don't expect demos for the biggest games, but I'd like to be wrong.

Oct 24, 2019
Lol I love the optimism!

I try!

I mean Geoff is out here replying to people but conspicuously didn't say anything to my question about any more announcements today 🤔. If there isn't anything left, why is he out here chatting and not posting the calendar yet?

fetchimage

Nov 5, 2017
I try!

I mean Geoff is out here replying to people but conspicuously didn't say anything to my question about any more announcements today 🤔. If there isn't anything left, why is he out here chatting and not posting the calendar yet?

fetchimage

He has a team of people working for him (most likely the same people who work on the tech on The Game Awards) who are making last-minute checks before publishing the calendar.

It isn't just him.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I think the last priority teams would have with WFH would be doing E3 level demos, but who knows. I don't expect demos for the biggest games, but I'd like to be wrong.
Oh for sure thats why I mentioned that I hope it evolves to that point :) Now that streaming is a thing then in the future when everything is going smoothly they could just stream any demo's on their respective platforms.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
For sure, we have a lot of stuff in the works -- this is somewhat real time given everything going on in the world, so open to suggestions and ideas too.
I think the things hardcore fans really love are the developer interviews and breakdowns that come with the major marketing beats. Cinematic trailers and the like are great, but we really crave even seeminly minor details about upcoming releases, so longform Q&A sessions with senior devs on upcoming games are always my favorite type of content that comes from E3-like events.

Geoff Keighley

The Game Awards Mastermind
Verified
Nov 12, 2017
I think the things hardcore fans really love are the developer interviews and breakdowns that come with the major marketing beats. Cinematic trailers and the like are great, but we really crave even seeminly minor details about upcoming releases, so longform Q&A sessions with senior devs on upcoming games are always my favorite type of content that comes from E3-like events.
Yep, we're working on stuff in this realm!

Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a schedule to help organize announcements.

Because following the twitter account, it's hard to tell whats actually a part of this and whats something that's just being retweeted.

Edit:

NVM. Doing good Geoff

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Website updated, there's a new game reveal scheduled for Tuesday, May 12th.

Screenshot_20200505-174725_Chrome.jpg

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got a list of rumored, unannounced games? Preferably with developer?

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
To me it just seems like he's created a hub site/twitter account which is no different to IGN, Youtube's E3 hub or any other thing. The developers/publishers aren't mentioning his thing in their reveals, he's just clamping on to them and quote tweeting.

I'm sorry but to me this is pointless

It hasn't really started yet. Once the schedule is up and we know more about how the playable demos etc will work, it's too early to call it a regular hub site.