• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
IGN, from PAX East, just shared the first gameplay footage of the long teased and long awaited new region, Liyue, inspired by ancient China.
The footage also showcases English voice acting for the very first time:

Liyue was already teased in a short trailer when the Switch version of Genshin Impact was announced:

49386572436_83d7525cd8_o.jpg

Looks so pretty and charming. :3

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is this running on mobile???

EDIT : STUPID I didn't see the key prompts >.<

Yep, that looks like its the mobile version. Really good looking already on there, right?

Just watched the entire video and damn, does this look nice. It's so pretty and charming. The colors, the sights, the little details... Why can't other console JRPGs look like that in an open world? It being a F2P game still worries me though... :(

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
It being a F2P game still worries me though... :(

Same. Unless they go for mmo micro-transactions I can't see them not effecting the gameplay in some way. I'd be down for some type of premium pass you could buy that could let you play it offline and without micro-transactions but I doubt they'd include. It's frustrating because micro-transactions have a high ceiling for potential profits over fixed prices but that means they'll never get a cent from me because I refuse to pay for micro-transactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.