• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
This was expected, I'm more interested in it getting cross save alongside PC/mobile so I can finally play the game on console. :(

looprider

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. Great reason to jump back in. I got to rank 15 ish on PS4, but the framerate drops were way too distracting to me.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Fck yes. How in the hell did it run like ass on PS4Pro in the first place? It's a fcking phone game.

Kierric

Teyvat Traveler
May 3, 2020
The load times are so long, especially starting the thing up. Ah well, someone gifted me a sudoku book as a joke recently - I've found it's a useful time-waster while loading domains and teleporting across the map... hoping I can gain a few brain cells in between mindlessly hitting those leylines.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Awesome news since I expect to keep playing this game with every update. Hopefully the console does shoter load times as well since fast travelling can get a little boring when you already know the map.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Isn't it assumed to be broken on PS5 due to it using the PS4's web browser for signing in? Unless they fixed that.

The interesting thing about the browser is it does exist on the console. I've seen UI screenshots of options for it. So it could just be only available for games and not available for general browsing at launch? There are quite a few games that use it after all.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Holy shit. Megaton for me.

Edit: Mihoyo better give PS users the ability to redeem codes too. Thats ridiculous.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
They are never going to do anything more for the PS4 version in terms of performance/load times are they? That really sucks.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
They are never going to do anything more for the PS4 version in terms of performance/load times are they? That really sucks.
The game is apparently very CPU heavy to be able to run fine on mobile. And you know how old the Jaguar in the PS4 is... Not excusing anything, I'm sure they could do further improvements if they really wanted to, but as this is their first console game, they might struggle getting anything more out of the PS4. I'm personally not really expecting changes anytime soon. They are also still working on a Switch version on the side.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Hard to say. I'd probably wait and see what happens with the Switch version first.
I would love to see a switch version as well as right now my girlfriend is stuck playing the mobile version. But I'm not holding my breath for it coming anytime soon. Probably no earlier than midway through next year.

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
Not to derail too much but is this game pretty playable for free or does it really apply pressure to spend?

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
Not to derail too much but is this game pretty playable for free or does it really apply pressure to spend?
Doesn't pressure you to spend at all honestly. The wish system pops up at AR5 during a story quest just to make you do your free pulls. It won't pop up again after that unless you open the wish menu yourself. They even made Barbara(Hydro/Healer) a permanent get at AR18 with this update so that's one more free character to obtain just by playing.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't pressure you to spend at all honestly. The wish system pops up at AR5 during a story quest just to make you do your free pulls. It won't pop up again after that unless you open the wish menu yourself. They even made Barbara(Hydro/Healer) a permanent get at AR18 with this update so that's one more free character to obtain just by playing.

I am so happy they made her free to get for those who couldn't reach AR level 20 before this update.

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome I will check it out on Thursday (hopefully)

Expel

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I havent been paying attention to the details as much -- how do we go about redeeming the codes on PS after patch? Ingame or through the website like other platforms?
Apparently in setting then under the account tab
image0.jpg

Wyatt+

Jan 15, 2020
That's great. I booted it up on my base PS4 and noticed it was a little choppy. Figured I'd wait to see PS5 performance. Looking forward to it.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 footage after the patch:

Seems to be 60 fps but with lots of hickups, load times are halved and the LOD and pop in is still garbage.
*sighs*
They are honestly not even trying on Playstation platforms.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

Seems to be 60 fps but with lots of hickups, load times are halved and the LOD and pop in is still garbage.
*sighs*

They said proper next-gen support will come to PS5 down the line. I hope they will also supprot all DS features too.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ive only played a little bit of the game before dropping it. so this will definitely play more on PS5

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018

*sighs*

buckle your seat belts for the switch version, people!!! if you thought the LOD is low here.......

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
Embrace yourselves for a XC2 Portable tier experience in the Switch. It's weird Mihoyo it's having optimization problems with consoles.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Embrace yourselves for a XC2 Portable tier experience in the Switch. It's weird Mihoyo it's having optimization problems with consoles.

i think it's just distribution of effort in accordance to the size of its audience. objectively and evidently, the mobile version is where they spent the most time & effort as that's where their biggest customer base is.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
i think it's just distribution of effort in accordance to the size of its audience. objectively and evidently, the mobile version is where they spent the most time & effort as that's where their biggest customer base is.
Genshin is successful on PS4 though. They probably didn't expected that. But with this, we may get more console support in the future.

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That Mondstadt loading time is nice though, and the interface is a lot snappier than on base PS4. Can only get better from here.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Really cool update!

I've been holding off playing it this month since the PS5 was so close. Looking forward to diving back into it.

Honestly, the PS4 BC with my PS5 is what's going to make the time between anticipated PS5 releases (like Ratchet and Returnal), so much more bearable. I have a huge backlog, and many of them look to run better on the PS5 compared to the PS4. I'm thinking I'm going to do some streaming this weekend, playing each of my launch titles for about an hour, just to showcase them, then popping in some BC titles and streaming those as well.

I still haven't touched Ghost of Tsushima Legends. Me and my friends have been waiting to play it on the PS5. It's nuts to me to have a launch with so much damn quality, on top of breathing genuine new life into previous generation games in terms of performance for the titles either getting patched, or having unlocked framerates on the PS4 Pro that enable them to run at 60 on the PS5.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal

*sighs*

Not good, but better than it is on PS4 for sure. I dont think these devs will do much better with a native PS5 version. They are a mobile phone dev, and managed to do a good job with the PC version. Seems low effort or lack of experience when it comes to optimization on consoles.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not good, but better than it is on PS4 for sure. I dont think these devs will do much better with a native PS5 version. They are a mobile phone dev, and managed to do a good job with the PC version. Seems low effort or lack of experience when it comes to optimization on consoles.

Honestly, I would've prefered a locked and stable 30fps on PS5 and a few graphical updates. Better than this very unstable framerate up to 60fps and the extremely unsightly LOD and pop in.