• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
All the JP and CN VAs were revealed.
Meanwhile, EN has to remain silent.

J Michael Tatum is huge, so him having to stay in a bunker for years is just sad.

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil
p5-persona5.gif

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
As a Eula enjoyer, Arlecchino is looking great.

FXXMuraUcAIkCRg

Gonna start foolishly saving for her even though she most likely won't be playable.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm shocked they would reveal this right now? Was it due to leaks? this trailer was insane spoilers.... and I watched it.

Mar 30, 2019
I'm shocked they would reveal this right now? Was it due to leaks? this trailer was insane spoilers.... and I watched it.
It fit's storywise, so I don't think it was because of leaks. It was the burial of La Signoria who just died in the story, so.... looks pretty planned to me. Also the Fatui were not leaked, just the Sumeru characters

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
As a Eula enjoyer, Arlecchino is looking great.

FXXMuraUcAIkCRg

Gonna start foolishly saving for her even though she most likely won't be playable.
They already didn't make Signora playable so surely a female character looking to have the normal Raiden, Jean etc. woman body type will actually be playable

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
I mean, we're pals with three of them now lol.
I mean...
It's very much implied that the elemental gods like Barbatos and Rex Lapis are more or less lesser gods that serve some higher power in Celestia, and so far all three we have met so far have abandoned their post or not really cared that the fatui are stealing all the Gnosis.
Rex Lapis gave his Gnosis up willingly so I doubt the Cryo Archon is talking about the other elemental gods with all that "kill the gods" talk.
I'll bet that very late into the story we join the fight against Celestia.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I mean...
It's very much implied that the elemental gods like Barbatos and Rex Lapis are more or less lesser gods that serve some higher power in Celestia, and so far all three we have met so far have abandoned their post or not really cared that the fatui are stealing all the Gnosis.
Rex Lapis gave his Gnosis up willingly so I doubt the Cryo Archon is talking about the other elemental gods with all that "kill the gods" talk.
I'll bet that very late into the story we join the fight against Celestia.

Sure, but the line in the trailer, "We will seize authority from the gods" feels like a direct line about the archons and the gnosis imo.

Generally, I feel we really don't have enough(or much of any really) information in regards to the gnosis or what use they actually have, so dunno what it means that the archons seem somewhat willing to part with them given the right circumstances.

Not like the archons tell us much anyhow though. We have Raiden be like "lol dunno" or have zhongli be like "lol, can't tell you."

I would bet that we team up with all the archons, including the tsarista, at some point though. Likely to fight Celestia as you say.

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
Sure, but the line in the trailer, "We will seize authority from the gods" feels like a direct line about the archons and the gnosis imo.

Generally, I feel we really don't have enough(or much of any really) information in regards to the gnosis or what use they actually have, so dunno what it means that the archons seem somewhat willing to part with them given the right circumstances.

Not like the archons tell us much anyhow though. We have Raiden be like "lol dunno" or have zhongli be like "lol, can't tell you."

I would bet that we team up with all the archons, including the tsarista, at some point though. Likely to fight Celestia as you say.
Yeah, they did take Venti's Gnosis by force so it's probably just convenient that Zhongli and Ei didn't really care, They'll get all the Gnosis one way or another.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they did take Venti's Gnosis by force so it's probably just convenient that Zhongli and Ei didn't really care, They'll get all the Gnosis one way or another.

Well,
Didn't zhongli basically trade his for the safety of Liyue harbor iirc(EDIT: NVM we don't actually know the benefits he got out of trading away his gnosis yet), and I thought Ei gave it to Yae for safe keeping, which she then traded for your life.

So like, they definitely willingly parted with them, but they were generally for solid reasons. Hard to know how worth it was without knowing what the things do though lol.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017

Maybe it's like Dragon Balls, but with as spin that you need all 7 to make Baddie God appear so you can bonk him. Or you need all 7 to be able to go to/challenge Celestia.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Would be immensely more exciting if I was still under the illusion that we would be able to pull/play all the Harbringers, alas Signora happened.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Their rigidity in sticking to the same few body types is definitely disappointing and makes stuff like this incredibly obvious who will be playable and who will not

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
Maybe it's like Dragon Balls, but with as spin that you need all 7 to make Baddie God appear so you can bonk him. Or you need all 7 to be able to go to/challenge Celestia.
Venti said the Gnosis connect them to Celestia, whatever that means.
I'm guessing the archons can't just go there at will and the Tsaritsa needs all of them so she can invade and become a true god/free the world from any godly powers etc.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mihoyo are masters at making good looking trailers. I'm so glad they're finally incorporating some of the manhwa characters as well.

unknown.png

unknown.png

The GLOW UP

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
Mihoyo are masters at making good looking trailers. I'm so glad they're finally incorporating some of the manhwa characters as well.

unknown.png

unknown.png

The GLOW UP
I always thought like the manga felt just a little bit off visually and it's been a lot more apparent after they started doing more of these 2d animations, did they ever improve on that?

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
In regards to Dottore's glow up:
Leaks suggest that he has several clones from different stages of his life age wise, so there are various different "versions" of him

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany

Nothing in this was spoilery if you are up to date storywise in the game tbh. It was Signoras burial and them exchanging some quips. The stuff at the end is a tease for Sumero story most likely.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Feels kinda random, especially with Snezhnaya being so far away, which makes me wonder if they are trying to show new stuff that hasn't been leaked yet.

The trailer itself was good, but with us just getting into Sumeru, it's difficult to get excited about characters (and storylines) that we probably won't see until a couple of more years.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
Feels kinda random, especially with Snezhnaya being so far away, which makes me wonder if they are trying to show new stuff that hasn't been leaked yet.

The trailer itself was good, but with us just getting into Sumeru, it's difficult to get excited about characters (and storylines) that we probably won't see until a couple of more years.
Seems pretty clear that we're going to be seeing (and stopping) these characters and their schemes in Sumeru, just as we did in the previous three regions.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Seems pretty clear that we're going to be seeing (and stopping) these characters and their schemes in Sumeru, just as we did in the previous three regions.
I would be very surprise if we (at best) saw more than 2 Harbingers in Sumeru, so I expect most of these characters to not show up until we get to Snezhnaya.

But in general Genshin's overall story is kinda obvious for the next few regions. We are gonna get to Sumeru/Fontaine/Natlan, we are gonna become best buds with their Archons, we are gonna solve some regional problems and then they are gonna lose their Gnosis and we move on to the next location. Our sister/brother will also show up every once in a while to remind us that we are looking for them.

I feel like Genshin's story will get more interesting and unpredictable once we finally get to Snezhnaya and start learning more about their plans and how they want to fight the Celestia.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I would be very surprise if we (at best) saw more than 2 Harbingers in Sumeru, so I expect most of these characters to not show up until we get to Snezhnaya.

Isn't Dottore, Marionette, and Scaramouche already confirmed via Leakers? I thought I heard that at least.

Last edited:

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I played a lot of this game initially... but found the story completely incomprehensible. Like, just word salad and confusing mixed metaphors. I assume it's a cultural / translation thing, but it was a primary reason I dropped it.