• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That should actually be enough to run the game at 720p 30fps I would wager to guess, try it! :D If you have any PC issues let me know and I'll help! And thank you! :D

Didn't work unfortunately. I installed the launcher, downloaded everything, but everytime I try to start the game the Mihoyo logo flashes black on a white screen and then that white screen stays like that and nothing happens anymore. The laptop seems to be too weak to even display the Mihoyo logo, lol.

Out of curiosity...are there any female characters with pants in this game? Just looking through the thread, that struck me pretty hard.
There are a few broken images, so maybe I missed one, and there are definitely some characters whose gender I am unsure of.

Yes, there are female characters with pants, shorts, leggings etc. Is there something wrong with many wearing skirts?

Where do I sign up for an invite?

Way too late now, that should've happened weeks ago.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Didn't work unfortunately. I installed the launcher, downloaded everything, but everytime I try to start the game the Mihoyo logo flashes black on a white screen and then that white screen stays like that and nothing happens anymore. The laptop seems to be too weak to even display the Mihoyo logo, lol.

Yes, there are female characters with pants, shorts, leggings etc. Is there something wrong with many wearing skirts?

Not even for a new wave in the next couple of months?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

Hmm let GPU-Z run and give me your exact GPU model. https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not even for a new wave in the next couple of months?

They closed the application process a little more than a week ago. I guess all you can do is apply for the next beta, if there is one. They haven't talked about that yet though.
I still hope they'll have something like an open beta that will also include PS4 in the future.

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing, inherently. But saying that this isn't a waifu game but not being able to show me anything as mundane as a woman in an outfit as vaguely-practical and not-skin-tight as, say, this guy's (...much less a woman that looks over the age of about 25...) isn't really substantiating your case very well.

Anyway, I think I've seen enough to determine that this game Isn't For Me, so I won't be Debbie Downer-ing in this thread anymore. I genuinely hope they reverse course on the gacha bullshit so you can enjoy the hell out of it, though. A shame that's the current plan.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
...saying that this isn't a waifu game but not being able to show me anything as mundane as a woman in an outfit as vaguely-practical and not-skin-tight...

...isn't really substantiating your case very well.

What am I saying and what is my case exactly? XD
Funnily enough I have been the lone vocal voice on the official Genshin Impact forums and Discord asking for more diversity in GI's character design. I repeatedly asked for more mature looking characters in general and for more male characters, and male characters that aren't either bishonen or shota.

I don't mind the typical, generic cute/sexy/pretty anime character design GI is going for (lolis and shotas like Klee and Bennett I find very questionable though to say the least), and it is only smart of Mihoyo to cater with their designs to their fanbase, but I am certainly not a big fan nor a big proponent of them.

And when I say this isn't just a waifu game (I guess I said something along the lines before?) I'm saying this 1) because there are actually also plenty male characters to choose from in the game, so it is factually not just a waifu game and 2) because this game is much more than just waifus or husbandos or a Zelda ripp off or whatever everybody wants to call it.

I genuinely hope they reverse course on the gacha bullshit so you can enjoy the hell out of it, though. A shame that's the current plan.

I honestly still have the hope they will do something a bit different at least on PS4 and Switch. I really do. I don't think a gacha game will be big on either of those consoles and I am sure they must know that. Maybe that's why they show so little on these consoles and why they seem to be pushing back their versions...?

Last edited:

alexlf

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Wow, game's really fun, I didn't expect such involved story. The inspritation it took from BotW is very well integrated with it's own systems, and in combat the elements mesh together in a very fun way. Setting a tiny patch of grass on fire then using a wind skill causes the fire to cover a huge area for example.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
B3br6Di.jpg

ta2nTyi.jpg

wLNFw38.jpg

Only played a bit so far, but I'm really liking the characters and voice acting.

Also played about an hour of it at PAX East without realizing how much time had passed. It's a lot of fun.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
These new mini bosses, I guess they are connected to the newly revealed antagonist, are cool. So many phases, so unpredictable:

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
I think what's been amazing me most about this game is the sheer size of the world.
Its insanely big and its not even finished. It doesn't feel like it was made at random either. There's a lot of inentionality with the world design and plenty of reasons to go exploring. I'm in love with this game.

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
These new mini bosses, I guess they are connected to the newly revealed antagonist, are cool. So many phases, so unpredictable:

Such a fine boss design, a well mixture for being casual-friendly while also leaving challenge for more experienced players. And you're telling me it's only mini boss? Gotta keep an eye for this game now.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
It's 4 AM what the fuck, I played for 6 hours straight and time literally flew by. This game is amazing.

It's also freaking gorgeous. <3

8CvTYzU.png

9pIfk3r.png

0xCjGRL.jpg

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
been checking my email often, still nothing :<
some streamer fought against a really strong level 39 wolf optional boss (has to be single player mode to unlock a playable character)
he only reached phase 2 before i stopped watching

the elemental reactions in this game are kinda cool, the wolf boss is ice element and if you have the water elemental healer on your team and you cast the heal, you will freeze yourself lol

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
been checking my email often, still nothing :<
some streamer fought against a really strong level 39 wolf optional boss (has to be single player mode to unlock a playable character)
he only reached phase 2 before i stopped watching

the elemental reactions in this game are kinda cool, the wolf boss is ice element and if you have the water elemental healer on your team and you cast the heal, you will freeze yourself lol
Now that's what I want to see. Do you have clip?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I am really really addicted to the game, so much that it even stole my Animal Crossing time. But does anyone else feel that it plays better with keyboard and mouse? Playing with the controller seems kind of clunky in a sense.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I am really really addicted to the game, so much that it even stole my Animal Crossing time. But does anyone else feel that it plays better with keyboard and mouse? Playing with the controller seems kind of clunky in a sense.

Awesome to hear. :) I'm really glad I used up all my for months accummulated psychic energy to in one strong psychic power burst materialize a beta invite in your email inbox out of thin air.
Maybe I should have used some of that power to make the game start on my crappy, old laptop too, lol.
I'm gonna give it another try in a couple of days though. It'd be awesome if you'd give me some assistance then. :)

For everyone who hasn't played or watched others play the first beta: The main story improvements they made are pretty significant. They fleshed it out so much. Almost all cutscenes and dialogue scenes were redone or extended, many new cutscenes and dialogue scenes were added as well as entirely new dungeons, enemies and bosses. The story comes together so much better and on a much more grander scale now. It reminds me a lot more of the manga.
In the first beta that was imo the only aspect of the game that felt subpar in comparison to other big JRPGs: The story and story presentation. Now that they significantly improved that and keep on improving that this game is great all around. It's basically the Tales of game I always wanted...just without the being always online and gacha part, lol.

One question I have though: Is there actually also a story in the new region Liyue yet? I haven't so far seen anyone delve into that. I was really looking forward to the story expanding there and getting to know the new characters.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I kinda wanna play more, but honestly does not make much sense. Game is so much fun, but since the progress will be wiped, when it comes out, I do not want to go through everything again.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome to hear. :) I'm really glad I used up all my for months accummulated psychic energy to in one strong psychic power burst materialize a beta invite in your email inbox out of thin air.
Maybe I should have used some of that power to make the game start on my crappy, old laptop too, lol.
I'm gonna give it another try in a couple of days though. It'd be awesome if you'd give me some assistance then. :)

For everyone who hasn't played or watched others play the first beta: The main story improvements they made are pretty significant. They fleshed it out so much. Almost all cutscenes and dialogue scenes were redone or extended, many new cutscenes and dialogue scenes were added as well as entirely new dungeons, enemies and bosses. The story comes together so much better and on a much more grander scale now. It reminds me a lot more of the manga.
In the first beta that was imo the only aspect of the game that felt subpar in comparison to other big JRPGs: The story and story presentation. Now that they significantly improved that and keep on improving that this game is great all around. It's basically the Tales of game I always wanted...just without the being always online and gacha part, lol.

One question I have though: Is there actually also a story in the new region Liyue yet? I haven't so far seen anyone delve into that. I was really looking forward to the story expanding there and getting to know the new characters.

That was really the greatest gift you could have given me gaming-wise right now, thanks again! :D And sure thing, just let me know then! :) Also if you ever make it to the Mihoyo logi, wait! On my Snapdragon 845 Mi 8 phone it was stuck on the logo for a good 5 minutes or so before it eventually moved on o.o

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
I shouldn't have have clicked on this thread again, now I'm seriously regretting not applying for the beta. Can anyone who did get in say if there is 21:9 support on PC?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
It's really wild that this game will be available for phones. Granted, it probably won't look nearly as good... Still really impressive, I'm looking forward to it. On PC.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So wait, this game has a proper story you play through, right?
Then how are characters locked behind payed gacha stuff? Does the story at some point just go "you need to pay money to buy this character for your party" and you can't progress?

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So wait, this game has a proper story you play through, right?
Then how are characters locked behind payed gacha stuff? Does the story at some point just go "you need to pay money to buy this character for your party" and you can't progress?

Yes, the game has a proper story, it's very own world and lore. It's pretty deep and detailed actually, similar to the manga it is based on.
No, not all characters are acquired by gacha. Characters that have a high involvement in the story, that you get to play and whose powers you need to proceed like Amber (fire), Kaeya (ice) and Lisa (electro) join your party just like that and without any gacha. Special characters with less or no story involvement are however acquired by gacha. The gacha (at least for now) can also be paid for by just playing the game and collecting in-game currency.

Status
Not open for further replies.