• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017

Looks like BOTW. It's an online game for PC and I think I heard that it's coming to smartphone too

The beta test will begin late June
genshin.mihoyo.com

Genshin Impact – Step Into a Vast Magical World of Adventure

Genshin Impact is an open-world action RPG. In the game, set forth on a journey across a fantasy world called Teyvat. In this vast world, you can explore seven nations, meet a diverse cast of characters with unique personalities and abilities, and fight powerful enemies together with them, all...

Last edited:

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
When you wrote looks like BOTW I thought it was an over exaggeration, but that freaking trailer goes from "neat" to BOTW then back to "neat" then back to BOTW every 15 seconds.

Blyr

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely love honkai impact 3 so I'm so down for this, game looks incredibly fun

nutsacc

Jan 21, 2019
this looks like a much better kurtzpel. here for it!!! hope it has character customization

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf it really does look like BotW. The grass textures look like they could've been literally ripped from it lol. Even the trailer seems like it's trying to emulate some parts of the BotW trailers.

Wakawun

Oct 27, 2017
Wow copying to the next level... ah yes Mandarin Chinese. Why am I not surprised. (I am Chinese)

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Signed up for the beta. I've heard good things about Honkai Impact, some of this is straight ripped from BOTW but the package as a whole is different, hopefully it is as fun as it looks!

OP
OP
Refrain

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how different the phone version will be. Pretty sure it won't be able to handle those graphics

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Uh where did this come from, this looks great. Signed up for the beta. Hopefully it's not a gacha whaletrap.

Martylepiaf

Oct 25, 2017
France
It's scary how much this trailer looks like oon from botw, not just the game

It looks like a mod for botw with anime characters

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
From my little time (for a gacha game) with Honkai Impact 3rd, MiHoYo has got the combat in the bag. I just hope it's on console/PC.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
From my little time (for a gacha game) with Honkai Impact 3rd, MiHoYo has got the combat in the bag. I just hope it's on console/PC.

The beta survey asks for PC specs, and the beta FAQ mentions that no MacOS version is planned right now. So PC seems very likely at least. And even if it wasn't, Honkai works very well with emulators, so I'd imagine this would too.

The same survey also asks which consoles you own, so that's also a possibility.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That looks pretty dope. They have my interest. I'll keep this one on my radar.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Definitely seeing some inspiration from BOTW. Gameplay looks great; like to see where this goes.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Always going to be excited for new Mmorpg announcements. I think it looks really good! Will keep my eye on it.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like I've seen all these characters before but in other properties. Either they are that generic or that anime is that filtered down at the moment lol.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Yep, that's an instant sign-up. I'm really tired of recent anime-styled MMORPGs having only a hub area with missions, I miss having an MMO with areas to explore.

Oct 25, 2017
Just straight up took the fire and grass from Zelda huh?

Even the standard enemies are just thinner bokoblins.

Still interested though.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Honkai Impact is awesome, this game definitely looks ambitious and great.

But wow, I laughed so hard throughout the trailer. Did they really had to do it.
Even the song pacing is straightup BOTW trailer ripoff.
Will definitely play the game, looks cool.

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Awesome! I really liked Honkai Impact 3rd and this looks very unique.

I hope that there is some form of Cross play between PC and mobile.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When people said it was Zelda, they were saying the truth. Holy cow, so similar in many of it's parts. lol I'm suspecting that they literally modded it because it's identical in the forest, water and so on lol

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
signed up thx for the post. that website is slick btw.. gives a nice first impression

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Okay, I am to admit I am a immature bastard often, but I swear, watch this exact part of the trailer (0:54), keep an eye on that dragon and listen closely to the audio in the right channel.

vPslyd9.gif

That dragon is farting.

One of the "Four Winds" I assume.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
First Bayonetta, now Zelda.

Going by the beta-signup survey, this game is 100% a pay-to-win gacha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.